Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

had my surgery today!

hi Brenda...i just saw ur post. the band is a Velcro type girdle....i would tighten it and it was very comfortable. it helped when you tried to get up from laying or sitting. it just made me feel better...like I was being held together. i would recommend it. best of luck....i will tell u, u will question your choice for the first week or so. but if you follow the directions from your doctor, you will feel better. i guarantee that once you get used to your new lifestyle, you will NOT regret the surgery. good luck

Yes. The abdominal binder is a lifesaver. I asked for one at the hospital and they gave it to me with no fuss. They knew exactly what I meant when I said the wrap thingie. Lol. My head was very foggy. Lol
And I can confirm that the first week is full of mixed feelings. Tomorrow will be 1 week post op for me and today was the absolute hardest. I spent the majority of the day beating myself up and regretting this surgery because I couldn't have any of the food I wanted. I wasn't actually hungry... I just wanted that pizza that pizza Hut sent me a coupon to my email for and that subway sandwich I saw a commercial for and the lasagna my husband brought home from his dad's bday and that steak my sister made sure to rub in she was eating. It was all in my head. And it made today the hardest day yet. I am looking forward to the soft food stage. 1 more week.
I keep reminding myself that this will all be worth it. Just stay strong and you will do great.

Yes. The abdominal binder is a lifesaver. I asked for one at the hospital and they gave it to me with no fuss. They knew exactly what I meant when I said the wrap thingie. Lol. My head was very foggy. Lol
And I can confirm that the first week is full of mixed feelings. Tomorrow will be 1 week post op for me and today was the absolute hardest. I spent the majority of the day beating myself up and regretting this surgery because I couldn't have any of the food I wanted. I wasn't actually hungry... I just wanted that pizza that pizza Hut sent me a coupon to my email for and that subway sandwich I saw a commercial for and the lasagna my husband brought home from his dad's bday and that steak my sister made sure to rub in she was eating. It was all in my head. And it made today the hardest day yet. I am looking forward to the soft food stage. 1 more week.
I keep reminding myself that this will all be worth it. Just stay strong and you will do great.

Congratulations on your surgery and new life!! It's very early days for you, concentrate on healing and following Nutritionist's directions. More then likely in a year you'll be able to eat lasagna and pizza...steak might be an issue but eventually you'll be able to eat that too. Take the first year to lose as much as you can all those other foods you'll be eating again. This surgery is an opportunity not a curse. I'm almost 2 years post up I've surpassed my doctors goal...and I eat pizza and lasagna and can eat about 4 ounces of steak. I drink wine but avoid anything carbonated. Remember to get your Protein Shakes in and take your vitamins...all the best!

On 10/28/2016 at 11:27 AM, limesqueeze23 said:

I have felt like I have gas trapped in my upper stomach and chest almost. Like i need to burp but can't. Took a gasX and don't feel like it helped at all.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Gas-X is for gas in your stomach not for CO2 gas trapped in your abdominal cavity after laparoscopy. The only cure for that pain is lots of walking and time. So for folks that haven't had surgery yet, don't waste your money on Gas-X strips.

Edited by MarinaGirl