Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one in Nov?

I was scared too. This was my first surgery ever. I can remember laying there and looking at the wall praying...Lord am I doing the right thing. After that I woke up and felt really good. I have had the gas pains / air. I had to stay over night due to ins reasons. On Wed I was having really bad chest pains when I sipped anything. The Dr got me in and took some Fluid out. I was surprised that the band had fluid in it. I always heard that it was put on empty. He explained that I got a newer band that already had some fluid. SO it had been MUCH better. My only problem is that while I sit here and read or watch tv...I think about FOOOOD. It sucks. I feel a little hungry even though I drink all my fluids. So that is where I am...it was the best thing I could have ever done. I know that awesome things are to come for all of us. I am on full liquids for 2 weeks...how do others handle this? I am...but I am reallly struggling.

Kevin:

I was on Clear Liquids for two weeks, also. However, I was allowed to have Protein Shakes mixed with skim milk. I figured that Low-Carb SlimFast would qualify since it has 20 grams of Protein per can so that's what I had and I found it very filling. When I saw my doctor for my one-week post-op, I told him I had been drinking the SlimFast and he said that was fine. I also found chicken broth mixed with chicken-flavored Unjury Protein Powder was also filling and I still have that when I'm at work, even though I'm now on full liquids/pureed foods. I don't think you could order it and get it before your two weeks are up but you might enjoy it later.

Also, I had sugar free Jell-O with a dollop of Sugar Free Cool Whip -- just that little bit of creaminess really helped. And I had sugar-free popsicles sometimes. I wasn't that hungry but I think it's because these foods, especially the ones with lots of protein, really helped.

Good luck!

I have been drinking the No whey Protein Bombs diluted in juice and sipping on that, 42 grams of protein. Also the Micellar Milk brand Protein Drink with the Big Train low carb Chai tea is so yummy. I also like the sugarfree popcicles. I am still going to miss texture until I am off liquids. After 10 days pre-op and now 4 weeks post-op liquid diet I just want to chew something! ; )

I thought the diet my Surgeon put us on was hard to do post-op. We were allowed pureed things like bananas, no-sugar added applesauce, sugar-free popsicles and fudgesicles, Creamed Soups, Jello-O, Malt-o-Meal, mashed potatoes (thinned out), yogurt, etc. Tomorrow I will be upgraded to Thicker mashed potatoes, ground meats, etc. It has been really hard for me even with the variety. I have to admit I pushed the envelope a little bit already with my textures of foods and have been ok with that, luckily. But I am doing my best to stick to the plan they gave us.

All I can say is hang in there! The next stage will be here soon. I never thought it would for me and it is hard to believe that it has been almost 2 weeks since my surgery.

What types of foods will you all be on for your next stage?

i am at 2 weeks post op and down 13 pounds which makes it much easier to drink liquids only, i have to do that for 1 month...then are you sitting down? i get to have yogurt and cottage cheese and blended Soup, can not tell you how much i look forward to that!!!!

I'm back too! For the 10 or so days that I was off of work, I didn't get on the computer or worry about anything but chillin' out and relaxin'!!!! It was Awesome! I came back to work yesterday...things are going well for me so far. I started eating "mushies" last night--the refried Beans with a dollop of sour cream, guacamole, and some melted cheese REALLY did wonders for me! I felt like a million bucks, even after only eating about 2-3 golf ball sized chunks of this concoction. Oh happy day! Now I can eat mashed potatoes and pudding and....yum yum yum! I'm so excited!

So, my incision site is still pretty sore. Especially when I push myself a little too much (like coming to work for the whole day yesterday!). I got a little freaked when i read Longhorn's stuff about the infection, so I peaked down at mine and everything's still looking great for me. I still have one last "steri-strip" over my large incision, even though it's been almost 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure that the soreness will continue to get better with every passing day.

So now, besides being totally excited about being able to eat REAL things (and hopefully maintaining a little higher energy level), I'm super-pumped about getting into "ONEderland." I want so badly to lose this next 14 pounds before the new year....but if it doesn't happen, I just need to keep reminding myself to be patient and know that this is NOT a DIET like I've done in the past....this is my NEW LIFE and it WILL happen with TIME.

So I checked out the thread where everyone posts their surgery date. Holy crap, there's a lot of November Nymphs out there. Where is everyone? Let's all post and get to know each other!

Well I am no longer sore at all and all the incisions but my port area are healed up. I am set for my first fill on December 13. Very excited but also very nervous! I am advancing quite quickly with foods and doing great.

Those of you who were banded early this month when are you scheduled to be filled??

I was banded on the first and go in again on December 14 (I had a one-week post-op on the 9th.) I won't know until I consult with my doctor whether I'll be getting a fill. He said we will discuss what I've been eating, how I've been feeling, my hunger level, and my weight loss and then decide if I need an adjustment. Sounds good to me! :)

Well I am no longer sore at all and all the incisions but my port area are healed up. I am set for my first fill on December 13. Very excited but also very nervous! I am advancing quite quickly with foods and doing great.

Those of you who were banded early this month when are you scheduled to be filled??

I was banded Nov 2 and my fill is Dec 4. It was supposed to be a few weeks later, but I am flying to Canada on Dec 18 and I wanted to have a few weeks with the fill here near my doc before travelling anywhere in case of complications.

i was banded on nov 7th my first fill is dec 18th. so far i'm feeling great lost 22lbs so far, but i know that this will come to a stop now that i can eat pretty much anything

sue

I was banded on Nov 5 and scheduled for my first fill on December 11th.

Feeling great and mostly healed up except for some slight tenderness around my port area. Got through Thanksgiving really well and celebrated my Birthday yesterday with much success!

Hi All. I was banded on 11/21. My pre op diet was 24 hours clear fluids, then clear fluids until day 4, then full fluids for the first week. I applaud you people who had to stick to liquids for 4 weeks. How in the world did you do it??? I have my first follow up appt 6 weeks post op. At that time, the doctor will decide on a fill or not. I go back to work tomorrow, I think I will be ok, but I'm prepared to leave at noon if tired. Thank you all for your comments, I'm learning so much from you.

I know what people mean about being scared. The day I got my band there was only one other patient and it was very quiet and kind of deserted. My husband joked that the Surgery Center was really closed and that the cleaning staff was doing some procedures to make some extra money : ) I had a little anxiety over that...but everyone was great and everything went smooth. Also agree that it was a good thing that they put me out fast so I didn't have much time to ponder it.