Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one in Nov?

i am new! i had my surgery 11-21-07 today, is monday and i am back to work. my main worry is that i am not eating enough. as far as the surgery went it was good. i went home the same day did pain pills the next day and went to a hockey game the next. tummy is a little swollen and sore but not too bad. susann

It was a pretty funny thought. Difused the tension a little, but if my doctor didn't appear shortly after I would have been asking some folks for some credentials : ) I was surprised that I was nervous because I have had surgery many time, but I think it is just natural. Good luck and I hope everything goes as smoothly for you : )

You know, Tracy, I've had several surgeries before too - gall bladder, appendix, c-section, on and on and on... but these have all been emergency surgeries. None that I've actually PLANNED, ya' know? So I was nervous just because of that. I'd had all this time to think about the surgery, watched it online, prepared my home and my recuperating "space", wait, wait, wait... Next thing I know it's time to go to the hospital! The others were slice & dice events were like, "Hey! Just going about my day. Enjoying life. Whoa! What's that pain?? Uh-oh... I'd better go to the ER... Surgery? What???" For me, it was the whole waiting game that was torture. Then when I got to the hospital, there was an emergency procedure ahead of me that delayed my appointment by over an hour and a half. <sigh> But now it's all over and done and I feel great. YAY!!!

Hey! I see you're in Washington State. Me too!!!! What hospital did you go to? I was at Valley Med in Kent/Renton. Had my surgery on the 9th.

I know what people mean about being scared. The day I got my band there was only one other patient and it was very quiet and kind of deserted. My husband joked that the Surgery Center was really closed and that the cleaning staff was doing some procedures to make some extra money : ) I had a little anxiety over that...but everyone was great and everything went smooth. Also agree that it was a good thing that they put me out fast so I didn't have much time to ponder it.

That is so funny!

I was banded on the 7th and will get my first fill on Dec 21st. I am doing ok but I seem a little slower on recovery than most on here. I still can't sleep on my side. The port site hurts a bit still. My doctor says everything looks fine and they were not concerned on how I am progressing. I feel better each day. I am on solid foods. Introducing 1 new solid at each meal. I have not had problems eating any foods so far. My favorites have been cheese and crackers and some homemade chili. I have a 10cc VG Band. The Dr. said there is about 1.5 cc Fluid in it. I am looking forward to my first fill when I will get to see the band under flouro.

hi

i was banded on nov 7th, and i too still have some pain at my port site, my first fill is on dec 18th. mt favorite is also homemade chili, but i take shredded cheddar cheese put it in fry pan let it bubble flip it let it cook until brown around the edge. Protein cheese chip soooo gooood

sue

Sorry to hear about that - what a bum deal.

You will be missed!!! Stay around to visit.

Carson's Mommy-I am in the Tri-Cities in the Columbia Basin. I had my surgery at the V5 Medical Center in Richland. I know what you mean about the waiting. It is just too much time to have to think about things, builds the anxiety.

So I made it through the surgery, no issues (really). So glad it's over.

I arrived at the hospital at 5:30 for 7:30 surgery. They called me back right away and I got into my gown. Nurse didnt come in until 7:00 am. Only took 20 minutes for them to do everything, for the anesthesiologist to come in, and I was wheeled back for my cocktails at 7:25.

Woke up in recovery at 8:45 am. Dr. bruised my liver during the procedure but no big deal. Turns out I have sleep apnea and I kept stopping breathing and the nurses would yell at me to take deep breaths. Finally the put oxygen on me and let me sleep.< /p>

Went back to my room abt 11:30 and there was my DH. So great to see his wonderful face. Lots of poking and prodding and checking.

Left the hospital at 4:30 (couldnt believe they kept me so long but whatever). Felt great while I was there but I think the ride home messed me up because I was so extremely sore and in pain last night and today. Feels like everything got mushed up into my diaphragm and I'm just very uncomfortable today.

Good news....no pain in shoulder, little gas pain, got all the fluids down I wanted yesterday and today. No nausea or vomiting.

Bad news...I have diarrhea and I am extremely sore. Even the pain meds arent helping much. My dr. called this morning and told me take the pain meds closer together. IF that didnt help, call her back and she would prescribe something stronger.

Anyway, that's it. I'm finally on my way. And for those of you out there agonizing abt doing this, I was the WORST and I'm so glad I did it. You'll be great!!

Thanks for all of the wonderful support from this board. Longhorn, especially!!:clap2: Woo hoo!! I'm officially a bandster on her way to ONEderland!!

So I made it through the surgery, no issues (really). So glad it's over.

I arrived at the hospital at 5:30 for 7:30 surgery. They called me back right away and I got into my gown. Nurse didnt come in until 7:00 am. Only took 20 minutes for them to do everything, for the anesthesiologist to come in, and I was wheeled back for my cocktails at 7:25.

Woke up in recovery at 8:45 am. Dr. bruised my liver during the procedure but no big deal. Turns out I have sleep apnea and I kept stopping breathing and the nurses would yell at me to take deep breaths. Finally the put oxygen on me and let me sleep.< /p>

Went back to my room abt 11:30 and there was my DH. So great to see his wonderful face. Lots of poking and prodding and checking.

Left the hospital at 4:30 (couldnt believe they kept me so long but whatever). Felt great while I was there but I think the ride home messed me up because I was so extremely sore and in pain last night and today. Feels like everything got mushed up into my diaphragm and I'm just very uncomfortable today.

Good news....no pain in shoulder, little gas pain, got all the fluids down I wanted yesterday and today. No nausea or vomiting.

Bad news...I have diarrhea and I am extremely sore. Even the pain meds arent helping much. My dr. called this morning and told me take the pain meds closer together. IF that didnt help, call her back and she would prescribe something stronger.

Anyway, that's it. I'm finally on my way. And for those of you out there agonizing abt doing this, I was the WORST and I'm so glad I did it. You'll be great!!

Thanks for all of the wonderful support from this board. Longhorn, especially!!:clap2: Woo hoo!! I'm officially a bandster on her way to ONEderland!!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience! Wow, I'm glad I've been able to help -- my enthusiasm for this decision must be showing. :girl_hug:

I think you'll be amazed that the soreness you are feeling now will go away so quickly. After the morning of my third day, I started feeling better and better, even when something new came up like my incision infection. Today I have no soreness at all in any position and I exercised for the first time on my recumbent bike. I got interrupted after half an hour but I'm going to get back on and do some more. My husband and I moved it up to our bedroom where I think I'll use it more often.

Get plenty of rest and let yourself heal as much as you can. You'll probably find that the getting up and down is the hardest part, so once you're up, take advantage and do a slow stroll around the house. Don't forget the heating pad for the pain!

I'll look forward to hearing how you're doing! :clap2:

Carson's Mommy-I am in the Tri-Cities in the Columbia Basin. I had my surgery at the V5 Medical Center in Richland. I know what you mean about the waiting. It is just too much time to have to think about things, builds the anxiety.

Absolutely! But on the plus side of having time to think about things, it helps you prepare not only your body but your brain for the big change that's about to come - eating a LOT less and still managing to survive. LOL! Who'd have thought you could actually SURVIVE on so little food.

Ya' know, in the first week, I was starting to think, 'This is the DUMBEST thing I've ever done to myself. I feel like crap. I'm in pain. I'm starting to get hungry and am TOTALLY missing food...' I actually think I was getting a bit depressed and starting to grieve over the loss of food. "She" was a grand old friend and she served me well o'er the years... Now that I'm feeling just about back to 100% and I'm actually seeing the changes to my body that losing just 27 lb can produce. I've changed my mind about the whole "dumb" thing. LOL! I'm now in agreement with all of the people who've posted notes saying, "This is the best decision I've ever made!" and I haven't even had my first band adjustment!! That's coming on 12/28. A little nervous, but excited.

I'm hoping that my oldest sister will see my great results and will become motivated to have the surgery herself. She's an equestrian and hopes to ride in the Olympics some day. I know she can do it! She's truly amazing and this would be SUCH a great thing for her to do, but she's never had any kind of surgery. She's pretty freaked out at the thought of it. I'll ease her into the idea. :nervous

I'm sure glad to have met you and everyone else that's been on this site. It's been such a tremendous source of comfort and support...

Ya' know, in the first week, I was starting to think, 'This is the DUMBEST thing I've ever done to myself. I feel like crap. I'm in pain. I'm starting to get hungry and am TOTALLY missing food...' I actually think I was getting a bit depressed and starting to grieve over the loss of food. "She" was a grand old friend and she served me well o'er the years... Now that I'm feeling just about back to 100% and I'm actually seeing the changes to my body that losing just 27 lb can produce. I've changed my mind about the whole "dumb" thing. LOL! I'm now in agreement with all of the people who've posted notes saying, "This is the best decision I've ever made!" and I haven't even had my first band adjustment!! That's coming on 12/28. A little nervous, but excited.

Totally agree with this!

Hey everyone, I'm in onederland!!!

Linda

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well!

I go in this Thursday for my fill and I am really excited. I haven't lost anymore weight in the last two weeks because I am back to being hungry! I can't wait to not feel hungry all the time. It will be six weeks since my surgery this friday. How is everyone's weight loss so far? I lost all my weight during the first 3 weeks and have maintained my weight since.

Hope to hear how everyone is doing!

:0)

Hi There!

I was banded 6 weeks ago too. And since 3 weeks I didn't loose anything and even worse that I gain 4 lb. I guess that is the woman monthly stuff for me but I am kind of anxious about not loosing..I am also starting eating more and feel hungry so fast! I will have my initial appointment 2nd after surgery on the Jan 2nd but I don't know about the fill..I think I need it ASAP!

I've lost 30 lb together with pre op diet...