Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one in Nov?

Hi all!!! Where is everyone at....Did all the November Bandsters dissappear???

I have some questions...

I go for my 4th appointment since my Band was placed on Nov 7th. This is suppossed to be my 3rd fill but I am not sure if I should get one.

I have the AP Band that can hold a little over 10 cc's and I have about 5.5 cc's in it now.

For the first time since the beginning; when I had this last fill done on Feb 7th until about Feb 21st (2 weeks); I was having trouble eating anything until around 7 pm at night. Now that I am able to eat throughout the day over the last week I noticed the amount is getting a little more each day. Right now I can eat either 1-2 pkts of oatmeal for breakfast. OR I can have about 1-2 cups of salad and about 5-6 oz of meat.< /strong>

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know because I am worried, I leave for Hawaii on Mar 13th and I don't want to be back at how I was after my last 1 cc fill for two weeks throwing up almost every day when stuff would get stuck for 45 minutes at a time.

By the way does anyone else get food stuck too???

Well then, it is a good sign, really, that you can eat more right now because it means that you are loosing fat around the band. You probably do need a fill and you may feel the same as you did after the last fill. I have felt the same way, but I am learning how to eat. It is not easy eating slowly for me. I have never been a fast eater but I really, really have to eat slow now. If I think about it and take tiny bites and slow down, I am fine. I am getting ready to get my fourth fill this next Friday, March 7. I also have the 10cc band and I have right now 6.2 ccs in there according to my little card. I could hardly eat anything without getting stuck or even throwing up for a couple of weeks after my third fill. But now, I can eat lots, but only if I go easy.

I probably didn't help you much, but only that you know you are not alone. Good luck!

Well then, it is a good sign, really, that you can eat more right now because it means that you are loosing fat around the band. You probably do need a fill and you may feel the same as you did after the last fill. I have felt the same way, but I am learning how to eat. It is not easy eating slowly for me. I have never been a fast eater but I really, really have to eat slow now. If I think about it and take tiny bites and slow down, I am fine. I am getting ready to get my fourth fill this next Friday, March 7. I also have the 10cc band and I have right now 6.2 ccs in there according to my little card. I could hardly eat anything without getting stuck or even throwing up for a couple of weeks after my third fill. But now, I can eat lots, but only if I go easy.

I probably didn't help you much, but only that you know you are not alone. Good luck!

Oh you helped me lots....thank you!

I thought I was going crazy and it was only me who got food stuck like that.

I think I will get a fill, maybe just a smaller one. We'll see what the Doc says on Monday. My last fill was my third one too and it was about 1 cc or a little more to equal the total of 5.5 cc's. I was due for mine on Fri Mar 7th but asked them to move me up to Mar 3rd since I am leaving for Hawaii on the 13th. I wanted a week and half before I left to be here in CA in case there is a problem.

I'm glad I could help. Thats a good idea giving yourself some time before you leave.

By the way, I'm jealous of you and your California. I am originally from there and get home sick quite often. Where do you live?

Bobbi

I'm glad I could help. Thats a good idea giving yourself some time before you leave.

By the way, I'm jealous of you and your California. I am originally from there and get home sick quite often. Where do you live?

Bobbi

I'm in Sacramento, I have pretty much lived here my whole life except for the couple of years my dad was stationed in England when he was still in the Air Force; when I was a baby.

My best friend in the whole world lives in Sacramento. I am from Southern Cal. Born in L.A. and lived mostly in Anaheim & San Fernando Valley. Moved away from there in 1981 to Texas. I actually lived in Hawaii for awhile too, Hilo.

Bye for now,

Have fun in Hawaii.

My best friend in the whole world lives in Sacramento. I am from Southern Cal. Born in L.A. and lived mostly in Anaheim & San Fernando Valley. Moved away from there in 1981 to Texas. I actually lived in Hawaii for awhile too, Hilo.

Bye for now,

Have fun in Hawaii.

Thank you so much!

Hi all,

Well I go in on the 6th and I'm going to get .5cc removed from my band. I have waited 6 weeks and I'm still on liquids, barely able to eat soup!! I can only eat it if I blend it really well, every time I try to eat a little bit of Protein or anything thicker than potato Soup I have to throw up. I've lost 17 pounds in 6 weeks. So I don't think it will kill me to get some Fluid removed I need to eat. I work out three times a week with a personal trainer and I do cardio on my own three days a week so I have to try to drink a Protein shakes a day just to make it through my workouts. I also have a 10cc band and I am at 6.5cc. I want to back to 6cc because I was restricted but not throwing up. So I'm excited to get some Fluid taken out. I am so frustrated with how little I can eat.

My usual meal is...

Breakfast...nothing (unless I have the gym I try to drink a Protein shake)

lunch...tomatoe Soup 1/2 cup

dinner...refried Beans (1/2cup) sometimes it comes back up

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets food stuck..I guess that 6.5cc is just too much for me..I've seen others who have a 10cc band and are at 8cc and still able to eat...It must depend on the individual...

Take care!!

Rachel

First of all, Rachel, congrats on your 32 pounds. Second, it totally sucks that you haven't eaten in 6 weeks! That's just....wrong!!! I would KILL myself! LOL. Anyway, I'm in a similar position as you. I've had 3 fills and 1 unfill so far. The first was 3, the second was 2, and the third was 2. After the third, I was up to 7 cc's and couldn't even keep Water down. I had to go directly back the next day, were my doc removed 1.5 cc. I definitely have restriction, and some days are definitely better than others, but I'm totally eating more than just liquids/mushies! I've been at 5.5 for a couple of weeks now, and think I will probably wait longer than I was and get a smaller fill than I did last time. My goal was to get to "ONEderland" before I intentionally "slowed down" on the weight loss, but I'm at about 203 now and am cool with taking it easy.

I think eventually I will get to 8 cc filled, but from now on, I think I'm going to take it .5cc at a time and feel it out.

Yeah my Doc said it is different for everyone. I have heard of people who have been at their "Sweet spot" and their band was only 1/3 full.

I know for the first two weeks it was bad like twhat you are dealing with Imonmyway. I couldn't even get a whole glass of Water down without having to drink it over about 30 minutes.

I just finished eating and it was a Swedish Meatball Lean Cuisine. I was barely able to get the whole thing down. The last few bites got stuck for about 20 minutes...boy did that hurt like crazy!!! I just don't know if that is the amount I am suppossed to be eating or less.

Does anyone know what the approx calorie intake should be? Like I said before I am right around 1300 a day right now is that too much? I guess I will find out how much I lost this month on Monday.

By the way I was extremely tempted to go in to have an unfill after a week of throwing up everything and only being able to eat at night.

I was thinking at my fill on Monday to ask for only about .5 cc's instead of the 1 cc I got last time.

Any suggestions or comments???

Oh you helped me lots....thank you!

I thought I was going crazy and it was only me who got food stuck like that.

I think I will get a fill, maybe just a smaller one. We'll see what the Doc says on Monday. My last fill was my third one too and it was about 1 cc or a little more to equal the total of 5.5 cc's. I was due for mine on Fri Mar 7th but asked them to move me up to Mar 3rd since I am leaving for Hawaii on the 13th. I wanted a week and half before I left to be here in CA in case there is a problem.

I am at 7.4 in my 10 cc band. I can't eat Breakfast well so I slowly eat a runny GoLean with added flax meal for "go" power. I keep to solid foods for lunch and dinner but can't eat more than 3 McDonald's nuggets as an example of volume. I can't eat Pasta. I must eat very slowly but I eat out at lunch daily with my "lunch bunch" at work. I just make sure I eat my yogart with 25 grams of Protein Powder added and take my Vitamins. I also drink a lot. I'm not sure I would get a fill before a trip to Hawaii. It takes me three or four days to get my fill to "take". Good luck and have a great trip!!

I have a 10cc band also. I'm at 6.5cc's now. The doc wanted to bring it up to 7.5cc's but I said no. I don't want to be throwing up everything I eat either. It seems to be doing okay. I had a 1cc fill on February 19th to bring me up to the 6.5cc's and have lost 5 pounds since. I can eat "normal" foods and really try to stick to the 1 cup per meal rule. You really have to know what your "full" feeling is. It surely is not what used to be the "full" feeling for me anymore. It's more like a "if you put one more bite down here it's going to hurt like hell for about 15 minutes" kinda full feeling. And smilin apple..... I too have had those long stuck moments! Like the first time it was 3 hours of slimming torture. Spitting out the saliva bubbly type stuff every minute or so. It was pure hell. Sorry I'm being so graphic but I'd like to let anyone out there whose been having the same experiences to know they are not alone. I have had 2 experiences since also. One of them was for only 20 minutes and the other was for 1 1/2 hours. I am one who really, really does not like to throw up so maybe it lasted so long because of my unwillingness to throw up? I don't know, but what I have learned from it is to eat very, very slowly and to chew, chew, chew. Swallow and wait a minute to see how the band is going to react. This has worked for me for the past month. Thank goodness.

Enough rambling on. Good luck to you all and you can do it, just slow down and think about what you have in your mouth and should you swallow it or just spit it out if necessary. Better then having that huge lump feeling in your upper chest for a half an hour or more that's for sure huh. :-) Dianne

I've had 2 fills and did lose 37 pounds but am starting to get really hungry and could eat a lot more than I did. I have not lost anymore weight in the past month. I'm due to get another fill on April 15. Should I call and have the appointment moved up? I get so hungry I could feel like I'm eating way too much food lately.

I'd call and get the appointment moved up. I was just thinking the same thing. My next fill won't be until mid-April also. I'm doing okay so far this month though weight loss wise. If I started to eat allot more then my 1 to 1 1/2 cups I would call my doc to see if I could get in for a small fill. I'm such a chicken about that though. I really don't like that feeling of being too tight. Good luck to you and go ahead and call your doc. Let us know how it goes too okay? Take care deirdreboo8, Dianne

Hi everyone!! It seems that the nov. bandsters are nowhere to be found...How is everyone doing??

Well an update on myself I have had to un-fills (is this even a word..lol) so now I am at 4cc in my 10cc band. I think I am right where I need to be!! Yeah!! I was dropping weight so quickly before and was barely eating...now I'm eating good and loosing only 1-2pounds a week instead of the 5-8 pounds a week that I was loosing. My body couldn't take that anymore. I am now in size 12 I started out in Nov barely in a size 20 refusing to buy the next size up...SO I FEEL GREAT!! I still have a goal of about 30 -50 more pounds to get down to either 125-150 we will see how I feel at 150 pounds then I will decide if I want to keep going. I am currently at 175 which is a far cry from the 220 that I was.

I've noticed an increase in my confidence and seem to be projecting a happier self!! I hope that all of you are doing just as well and feeling great!!!

Hope to hear how everyone is doing!!

Take Care!!

Rachel