Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you miss or think you will miss about being obese?

I feel like I should step in, but I'm afraid there might be dog poo somewhere.

but uh could y'all both drop this, please, and not derail this post into a flaming war. You both have been rather helpful in your comments except for that brief stint. I've just ignored the crap and go to the next one, but y'all are making this thread about you now and gonna carry it out for pages.

You are name calling and being negative. Learn how to carry on an adult conversation instead of becoming ratchet. This forum isnt for you if you continue down that path.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

and you really have no call to say who this forum is for or not for. Everyone talks differently, the words may look the same - but with so many different meanings.

I didn't see the wet blanket comment - don't really care about it, but for you to point it out and make a HUGE deal over it - makes me think of a drama queen... just... stop. I like that we can have conversations here without everyone getting butthurt over every little comment. I quit coming for awhile because everyone was getting upset over everything.

Not getting butthurt over every little comment and not making a HUGE deal outta it, is being an adult.

all of that aside - I still hate shopping.

All. Of. This.

Youre right and I love it!

And yes, my name is Ms Chan and I'm a drama queen.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Who are you talking about?

It means... simply put-- we're having fun reminiscing about the said topic. Someone put a damper on the perspective hence the name "wetblanketass" "non perspective havingass". Everyones entitled to their 2 cents but we don't all have this holier than thou thinking. It's ok to miss a few things... but at the same time the opinions of those who don't miss things are fine too. Just having a little friendly banter... not sure that it was necessarily received that way. Somebody just got a little roasted that's all---- not to be taken personally :)

Now back to regularly scheduled programming!

Edited by Candygyrl

@@Candygyrl

Thanks, girl. I'm old.

I'm confused why people who miss things are wrong. I'm also confused why people who don't miss things are wrong.

Why is always an US vs. THEM scenario around here? And I really don't understand why the name calling starts. Totally ridiculous. In MY opinion. ;)

@@Candygyrl

Thanks, girl. I'm old.

I'm confused why people who miss things are wrong. I'm also confused why people who don't miss things are wrong.

Why is always an US vs. THEM scenario around here? And I really don't understand why the name calling starts. Totally ridiculous. In MY opinion. ;)

Ditto on the name calling. We're adults and this isn't the playground.

Nothing, not one thing, zero!

I wouldn't miss a thing!! oh BTW being cold wait until you start to get those DARN HOT FLASHES you'll be missing the cold then!! That's is no joke!!

I think my sleeve came out perfect. I enjoy all kinds of food and don't worry as much because I have automatic moderation.

I think some people are confusing the question "what do you miss" with "do to regret your wls".

If I think about missing something, it's more like a found memory.

With that in mind, I do say I miss the hours of unfettered grazing that came with a cocktail party loaded with tasty appetizer (or a great buffet).

Now, I have to scope everything out and decide on what 6-8 ounces I'm going to enjoy.

Sometimes I miss mindless eating, but never do I regret my wls decision!

In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definition...... Not a Fn thing

It means... simply put-- we're having fun reminiscing about the said topic. Someone put a damper on the perspective hence the name "wetblanketass" "non perspective havingass". Everyones entitled to their 2 cents but we don't all have this holier than thou thinking. It's ok to miss a few things... but at the same time the opinions of those who don't miss things are fine too. Just having a little friendly banter... not sure that it was necessarily received that way. Somebody just got a little roasted that's all---- not to be taken personally :)

*here boo you can have your wig back, but im sorry its too late for your edges*

Edited by mschan218

*here boo you can have your wig back, but im sorry its too late for your*

@@Candygyrl

Explain this, too, please.

*here boo you can have your wig back, but im sorry its too late for your*

@@Candygyrl

Explain this, too, please.

https://youtu.be/Zm5PU8b-uHM

Edited by Icantbelieveit

Not a damn thing!!!!!

Well, it seems that people mistook what I said earlier. This is what I said: "Yes, complaining about things you missed while being obese is like complaining that the sun is in your eyes after being held prisoner in a cold, dark and moldy basement for years."

What I was trying to say creatively was that what we are missing is small change compared to the benefits of weight loss. In no way was it meant to trivialize and demean other people's thoughts and feelings about what they missed when they were obese. It actually was in defense against those people who thought that my thread (yes, I am the one who started this thread) was meant to downplay the importance of weight loss and a healthy lifestyle. For me, being obese IS prison. I feel trapped and limited. So there is a personal truth in that statement. For a while, all I heard was the benefits of weight loss. Since I was obese for my entire adult life, I just knew I was overlooking some of the downsides of being a normal weight - like being cold all the time. I was curious if there was more "downsides" so, hence, this thread.