Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really down

Hey everyone,

I am feeling really down today. I just got an interview to supervise my department. I was so happy until I started trying on clothes. I got so depressed and then while trying on clothes my husband had to tell me that he thought I gained the weight I took off....could I ever feel so low and depressed. I am so scared of gaining weight....I got my first fill and I don't have much restriction. I felt that it would be different. I don't know what do do but cry guys....I really hate myself right now.

Hey Sweets! Hang in there, you only have max 4cc's in your band, assuming they put back in the first 3 they removed because you couldn't burp. I just started full solids yesterday, and I feel your pain! This time is for healing and practicing your eating habits, not for beating yourself up. When is your next fill scheduled for?

Don't forget you are not alone, I haven't lost anything this past week, nothing, nada, zero, zip. I have been recording EVERYTHING I eat, making smart choices and exercising for at least 1/2 hour a day ((sigh)), I know it will come, just I want it to be NOW!

Please don't hate yourself. Your time will come, just need to hit the sweet spot and all will be good.

Good luck with your interview, let us know how it goes.

please dont cry

you need to be positive. God damn your husband he was only being honest i suppose. I know its hard but remember what you went thru and the cost

Thanks guys....you would think after reading all the posts I would be more prepare for what I am going through but I guess no one will ever be prepared for the journey after the surgery. I get confused with my eating at times and frustrated with that...and for my husband god love him...he is just honest and does not mean any harm. He feels by mentioning it I will be more motivated to lose. He just does not know how to encourage me I can usually handle it but not today...not with how I felt today. I will let you all know how the interview went. Thanks.

I agree, don't feel poorly... remember that your weight/L will not be swift initially as you need to wait 2 wks between fills and you might need 4 or 5 before you get adequet restriction.

I've only had 1 fill, but already wk two out I can eat more than I could a wk ago when I first got my fill...

I had my first PB & slimming today - GROSS! It was on 1 BBQ'd rib!!! Can you beleive it! and I really chewed it too... so I had a chicken thigh for supper instead of more pork and 1 spoonful of coleslaw and 1 spoonful of Potatoe salad...

don't feel like eating anything more tonight.. kinda put me off.

But I have not lost any weight in the last 2 wks.... so I am also anxiously awaiting my next fill...

Hang in there.. we all have bummer days and they DO pass...

Hi peaches: I can't eat port, beef or chicken either. I can eat a small amount but not the required 3 ozs. I also PB today as I tried chicken again. You would think I would learn. Doddie

Sweet for life,

I just wanted to say hang in there. I know how you feel about clothes shopping, nothing depresses me more. But you are just starting your journey as am I. I too was banded by Dr. Cobourn last week so I am not on solids yet but I fully think once I am my weight may increase or I'll stop losing. Hopefully your next fill will do the trick.

My thoughts are with you and remember you are a beautiful person, you will lose the weight and you do deserve that promotion!!!!

Best of luck!!!

Thanks guys...I didn't get the job...which I think is a blessing in disguise. I love the job I have now...the other job was for the pay...so I am not devistated. I feel a lot better now...I pushed myself and went to the gym...I am very proud of myself. I guess we all know we will get there eventually but we want it now!!!lol. Thanks everyone for the support!

Hi there. Newbie here and surgery scheduled for Oct 19. I read this site everyday to gain strength and guidence that I am making the right decision. Can any of you give me some tips? I am loosing sleep ovIer this. I am so sure one day that I want to do it and they next I am questioning myself.

Thanks guys...I didn't get the job...which I think is a blessing in disguise. I love the job I have now...the other job was for the pay...so I am not devastated. I feel a lot better now...I pushed myself and went to the gym...I am very proud of myself. I guess we all know we will get there eventually but we want it now!!!lol. Thanks everyone for the support!

Sweet is it too bad you did not get the job on one hand - money increases are always nice- but, I firmly believe in being sure that what I am going to do will involve my heart, especially when learning a new role. Your time will come, and right now, devoting the extra energy to solidifying your relationship with weight loss and your band is probably where your emphasis will reap the more benefit. Just a thought - hang in there.

Thanks Cindy....very true....I need to focus on me first...everything will come in time!

Crispy, I too like you used this site for its wealth of information and encouragement...you will find the good the bad and the ugly in here with experiences. Prior to my surgery had many many reservations number one where in the hell am I gonna find 16000.00? If I pay this money what if I fail again? What if there is a complications? Girl there will be a million what ifs???? You just have to trust God and know that you are doing this for you and no one else! As we grow older we do less for ourselves and become the be all and end all for everyone else. Now it is time for you. This is the best decision you will ever make for yourself. Will you doubt this decision again...hell yes! After a week of my surgery I totaly regreted doing the surgery but after communication with the doctors office...the problem I experienced was over and I was over the doubting stage. Stand firm and know you are doing this for you. I know I am airing my business out there but if I can encourage just one person it will be worth it. Prior to the surgery I suffered with bulimia. It is was the absolute worst thing that happened to me. I personally feel that I had a hernia due to the binging and purging oh and smoking (5 weeks cigarette free y'all). I felt absolutely hopeless. I went all the way up to 306. I was passing out at work and constantly sick. I made up my mind and never looked back. Can't say I am cured BUT since surgery the thought of binging and purging NEVER crossed my mind. I feel like a new person. Will you get down on yourself...probably...will you doubt yourself...maybe...will you encourage yourself....all the time girl! This is a new beginning for YOU! Embrace it and roll with it..you will be fine. Take care...sweetz....

Sweet for life what a turnaround. Your comments to Crispy were heartfelt and true. I think we all second guessed ourselves prior to surgery but doing it was the best thing ever. You are doing a great job and are sounding so optimistic. Will we see you on Sunday?

Crispy, it is normal to second guess yourself prior to surgery, especially expensive elective surgery. I had the lapband installed last Sept when I was 57 years old. My recovery time was 3 days in bed and then I was good to go. As for those three days, well, they were kinda relaxing thanks to the meds and having a lot of reading material on hand. I read, I napped, and the cat kept me company.

I am now at goal. At my last weigh-in I weighed 147.5 lbs and had a BMI of 23.8. It is true that I was one of the ones with a lower BMI to start with but we are the ones who usually lose more slowly, and older women lose more slowly than younger women do. I found that losing weight with the band to be easy to do. My problem was Portion Control and the band simply will not allow you to eat a lot of food: it is a physical barrier. At the same time it seems to press against the I'm hungry nerve and so you will not feel hungry after eating your tiny snack. Your only role in this process is to make a point of eating wisely - Protein first, then vegies/fruit, followed by your healthy kind of carbs (whole wheat) - and chew, chew, chewing every bite before you swallow.

Speaking personally, I am very, very happy with my band. It really has changed my life.

Green....thank you for providing some insight to us new bandsters. I know it is normal to be nervous prior to surgery as everything is such an unknown at this point. I really like to hear people's experience who have had the band 1+ years. You have been very successful and are to be congratulated!!:clap2: