Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here: just got my referral today

I have been doing my homework and decided to pursue weight loss surgery. I got my referral from my primary today. I'm excited but nervous to start this journey! I stumbled across this app while doing online research and I have been reading topics for 2 days! I'm so glad I found it because it has answered so many questions I had! Stay tuned!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Welcome!

Welcome and good luck. This site has a lot to offer and it is really awesome having support from a slew of knowledgable people!

I just turned my referral into the surgical center yesterday! This is an exciting journey!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using the BariatricPal App

I am excited and nervous and scared and so many things. I have no idea what to expect but I also know it's time for a change. No more up and down weight, no more feeling terrible all the time, no more joint pain.... I'm ready for this journey and whatever comes with it. I'm not naive enough to think there won't be struggles but I am tough and I most certainly do not give up!

I feel the exact same way! I went to a support group meeting at the center yesterday. With all the different changes that will be happening...the more support the better for me! I just joined on here....looking forward to seeing what others have experienced and learning!

@@lehana glad to have you aboard this wonderful journey! Sounds like you're doing the right thing in doing your homework and learning as much as you can to make the journey as smooth as possible. Please know that even when armed with all the knowledge/info as you can, you may still have some bumpiness to the ride, BUT, even your worst day post op is quite likely far better than your best days before venturing on a brave new way of life.

You seem smart and I'm sure you'll do great as you go along. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

Welcome and let us know if we can be of any help.

@@lehana and @@harmonylynn WELCOME HOME..... Thats what this sight feels like to me and ive only been on here maybe 3 months. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. Great advice and yes, the support groups are great at the hospital but who do you call at midnight when you wanna go binge on the leftover pizza that the kids had while you had a salad....lol. ME, im always awake. Im a mother of 3 sets, yes 3 sets of twins and theyre all grown and gone their own ways now. Giving me grandbabies and i have to do alot of trqveling to see them all because most are military. I went through this process alone with help here but im 1 week post op and hunnies, the knee pains, and the right 1 needs total replacement, is really gone.

Hw 298

Sw 264

Cw 232

Gw 160-170

Im 5'7. Just take it slow and take this process to learn and ask questions. Start practicing now on these tools that you'll have to live with. Stop drinking 30 before and after meals, small sips of Water. 64oz at least daily fluids, 80gm of Protein. Its alot and it was a mindblowing sight the day after surgery when you have nothing by mouth, and the next morning they took me to xray to make sure i had no leak and once thats done, they brought in these little 1oz medicine cups for you to drink Water out of. You have to sip all day. You'll hear alot of things that help each 1 of us, but i tried following my dr and nutrition info so that i wouldnt get into any bad habits. What works for me may not work for yall. So if i tell you i can only get my fluids in by drinking with a straw. The dr will tell you that a straw is a no no. Will add air into your stomach. But maybe it doesn't affect me but i dont wanna tell you something thats gking to give you awful gas pains. Trial and error some things are. But take the time to just get everything they tell you in. Welcome again

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

@@lehana glad to have you aboard this wonderful journey! Sounds like you're doing the right thing in doing your homework and learning as much as you can to make the journey as smooth as possible. Please know that even when armed with all the knowledge/info as you can, you may still have some bumpiness to the ride, BUT, even your worst day post op is quite likely far better than your best days before venturing on a brave new way of life.

You seem smart and I'm sure you'll do great as you go along. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

Well said.

@@lehana and @@harmonylynn WELCOME HOME..... Thats what this sight feels like to me and ive only been on here maybe 3 months. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. Great advice and yes, the support groups are great at the hospital but who do you call at midnight when you wanna go binge on the leftover pizza that the kids had while you had a salad....lol. ME, im always awake. Im a mother of 3 sets, yes 3 sets of twins and theyre all grown and gone their own ways now. Giving me grandbabies and i have to do alot of trqveling to see them all because most are military. I went through this process alone with help here but im 1 week post op and hunnies, the knee pains, and the right 1 needs total replacement, is really gone.

Hw 298

Sw 264

Cw 232

Gw 160-170

Im 5'7. Just take it slow and take this process to learn and ask questions. Start practicing now on these tools that you'll have to live with. Stop drinking 30 before and after meals, small sips of Water. 64oz at least daily fluids, 80gm of Protein. Its alot and it was a mindblowing sight the day after surgery when you have nothing by mouth, and the next morning they took me to xray to make sure i had no leak and once thats done, they brought in these little 1oz medicine cups for you to drink Water out of. You have to sip all day. You'll hear alot of things that help each 1 of us, but i tried following my dr and nutrition info so that i wouldnt get into any bad habits. What works for me may not work for yall. So if i tell you i can only get my fluids in by drinking with a straw. The dr will tell you that a straw is a no no. Will add air into your stomach. But maybe it doesn't affect me but i dont wanna tell you something thats gking to give you awful gas pains. Trial and error some things are. But take the time to just get everything they tell you in. Welcome again

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and your knowledge!

Hw 298

Sw 264

Cw 232

Gw 160-170

Great, encouraging words! Thank you all so much! I'm very excited to get the call from my surgeon to schedule my consult. I did a lot of research on him before choosing which doc so I feel like I already know the answers to all the standard consult questions. I'm trying to come up with things to ask him at the first visit