Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Theresa Marie, Your Days are Numbered!

Hey, girl, December 15th is almost here! So you better enjoy your wanton, eat anything you want days while you can. LOL But I know that you are more than ready to get on with "Living Your Life"! Sending you (((hugs))) and prayers that God guides the surgeon's hands and that you have a minimum pain recovery period. I know that you'll be a good bandster and follow your surgeon's post-op care. Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much, Marie. I really appreciate your prayers and kind thoughts. I am surprised at myself at how nervous I am getting. I had the two week delay from first scheduled surgery and I did not feel this nervous back then. I have decided to work right up to night before so that I will not have extra time available to dwell on the "what ifs". I know in my heart this is the right thing to do -- but that darn brain is bugging me now. :-)

You are always full of wisdome and heart when you post. Thanks for sharing yourself and your spirit. I promise I will post as soon as I can after surgery to say thanks to everyone for all their help and support AND wisdom. thanks again.

Teresa, you certainly wouldn't be normal if you weren't nervous! I cried as I was being wheeled into the operating room. But they were "happy tears" because I was so ready to get my life back! Also, a real feeling of relief that I'd chosen the band, when I saw an O.R. nurse in the holding area (just prior to my surgery). She'd had RNY surgery 3 years ago and gained most of her weight back. Just kind of reconfirmed that I'd made the right decision.

Theresa! Come next Wednesday you'll be changing! The chrysalis will crumble and the butterfly shall emerge!

Don't be nervous, be excited! Good luck to you my Band Sister!

Theresa Marie I am sooooooooooooooooo excited for you!!!!! Just think of all the quilts you are going to be able to make from those ole clothes that aren't going to fit you anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saved my nervousness for the night before... and then I was a basket case. :D I must have had a look of complete terror on my face when Dr. CHua came into the holding room to see me because he grabbed my hand and told me everything was going to be okay! So... *grabbing your hand* Everything is going to be okay THeresa Marie and we are all going to be thinking about you will be here waiting for your return. :) Yay... Theresa's getting her band!!!!!

(((HUgs)))

Darcy

Hi Theresa Marie,

I was scared to death the day of my surgery. Your nervousness is completely normal BUT you will do fine and we are all rooting for you! I can't wait to welcome you to bandland!!! Teresa

I was so scared for weeks before my surgery that I kind of shut down my emotions and went numb. I actually didn't think I'd make it. I was afraid I'd chicken out! It went extremely well, though. I had no reason to worry at all.

The morning of the surgery, last Monday, Dec 6, I drove myself to the hospital because I had to be there @5:30 in the am, (boy was my dh upset because I didn't wake him until I was leaving), I told him to come to the hospital around 7, because my surgery wasn't until 7:30.

When he and my mom got there, I was sitting on the bed, watching Today Show. My mom asked if I was nervous, I said no, I know this is meant for me to do, although I was a bit tensed when the iv was started, hate needles! I have to admit the few days prior I was questioning myself, then a calm came over me and it was ok, and it was OK! They rolled me out of the preop section, made a right turn, then that was the last thing I remembered until I woke up in my room.

The only pain I've had has been in my left shoulder and for some crazy reason, my left breast. Now almost a week out, the shoulder pain comes and goes, but does not last long. As for my incisions, tender for a few days, but now up and down's a breeze. I did gain 3 lbs of Fluid while I was in the hospital, but I've lost that, plus 12 more lbs, so a -15 lbs, I'll take it!

I wish you the best and a speedy recovery, we'll all be thinking of you.

Just three more days! A lot of us went kind of stir-crazy just before the surgery, finding it hard to think of anything else. That's normal. And just think how different you'll be a year from now, twelve months into your band journey. I hope you can relax during the next few days, and that you have a quick recovery.

Thanks a million dear friends. I am calming down. I have checked the weather forecast and there are not any warnings for blizzards or ice storms so that helps me. I will pack tonight as I know I will be very busy at work these next couple days. I am planning to work from home only as I feel up to it for the rest of the year. I can get projects sent via email or fax and then I won't have to drive and can work and rest as I wish.

I appreciate all the good wishes and prayers. I will post as soon as I get home to say thanks again. Darcy, I am smiling thinking about quilting with my too big clothes SOON. What a great idea. I can make a scrap quilt and when I use it I will remember those outfits and be glad I will be able to be wearing smaller sizes. Great idea Darcy, thanks. Hugs to all.

Hey Theresa..you are going to do great! We all were where you are now, a nervous wreck and we are all here to tell about it now..in just 3 days you will be too. Wishing you all the best on the 15th and the days, months and years ahead. This truly is a life changing experience!

Theresa,

If you weren't nervous there be something wrong. LOL But actually from my experiance there was nothing for me to have been so worried about. It was a piece of cake.

Good Luck and best wishes for speedie recovery.