Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone know dr. gorecki???? in ny???

i was wondering if anyone knows Dr Gorecki in brooklyn ny????? I am due to have surgery next friday:help:

<p>mY MOM WORKS AT METHODIST AND KNOWS MANY OF HIS PATIENTS AND THEY ALLL LOVE HIM AND FELT THAT HE WAS A CARING EXPERIENCED AND EXCELLENT SURGEON. I AM BEING BANDED BY HIM ON JAN 14TH. GOOD LUCK....UR IN GOOD HANDS!</p>

Hi Dr. Gorecki is doing my surgery on March 20th - I have heard great things about him. I really like him a lot - How did everything go with you?

Dr. Gorecki did my surgery on the 21st. I adore that man, he has officially saved my life. I've read elsewhere that people were put off by him and his staff, but Jessie & Christina (his assistants) are amazing. I hope you were banded by him too, b/c I can't find anyone else on here who has!. I see him tomorrow for my 1 week post-op. and he's taking my bandages off. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!

Hi so nice to hear from you.. I also LOVE Dr. gorecki - he saved my life as well... I was banded March 2008n - I lost 110 pounds so far - I am also seeing Dr. Gorecki tomorrow... I have a 9 am appoint,ent - He actually has to lossen my band - it is to tight.. What time is your appointment?

1:30pm, but I see him in the surgical clinic... So glad someone responded!!!!! Yeah I was banded last week. Let me ask you something, I know he's really strict about the post op diet, I just want some F*in scrambled eggs or oatmeal **GGGGRRRRRRR**** When did he let you start incorporating mushys into your diet?

Edited by sarahbellzz14-4

lol.. I totally understand how you feel but i need to be very honest with you - there is a strict regiment after lapband for a good reason - if you do not do what he says you can hurt yourself - I was on liquids 2 weeks BEFORE the surgury and 4 weeks AFTER the surgery then I was able to incorporate mushys into my diet. I KNOW IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD but I promise you it is worth it .... Listen to whatever Dr. gorecki says to do and you will be fine

I am to the point where the smell of broth is making me sick. I've alternated veggie, chicken, beef, chinese, miso, the only one that hasn't made me nausious was diluted & strained cream of chicken. And I'm not eating much because I'm nausious. I've been drinking my Protein Shakes, Vitamins, gas ex, pepsid etc, but When the thought of "another round of broth" happens I get ill. Also, just reading other peoples posts it just seems all docs are different. I'm determined here!!! I've already lost at least 10lbs, but I'll be honest, I'm hungry, and even the smell of certain foods is making me queesy. and even though I'm keeping up with my liquids, I'm forever thirsty.

Edited by sarahbellzz14-4

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling - I felt the same way.. Listen this is the Hardest thing you will ever have to do - I thought quitting smoking was going to be hard - that was nothing compared to not being able to eat any food for 6 weeks.... Have you had any Jello? I am almost sure that you are allowed to have jello ...My suggestion to you is when you see doctor Gorecki tomorrow ask him if it would be ok for you to have some jello....

Any new people seeing Dr. Gorecki?

Last week I finally finished all of my tests and appts. and submitted everything to his office.

Even though she got raves in a previous post I find his assistant Jessie to not be so pleasant to deal with. Very abrupt and why are you bothering me attitude.

I have been in this process for a long time and after submitting all my paperwork I was told by Jessie it would take from 60-70 days for my insurance to approve or not. I have GHI BC/BS.

Of course I'm very anxious . I really don't want to bother calling the office to see if my case was submitted and how it's going.

Has anyone else had experience with this or his office?

Any advice.

Dee,

I actually found out from my insurance company before Dr. gorecki's office did that my surgery was approved. They tend to do a lot of them this time of year.

Just hang in there. I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

Thank you.

I am concerned if my papers were even submitted. I just feel uneasy with the attitude of the office personnel.

There's always something. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.