Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional day 2 post op

Hi guys I was sleeved 4th Oct and feeling so emotional. The pain is fine it's the gas pains that make me want to cry. I am sat in the hospital wondering if I've done the right thing. I know many of you have probably thought the same thing just looking for some encouragement. Didn't know the gas would be this bad. I keep walking and walking but my God this is really bad. Dr won't give me any gas relief. My throat hurts so bad as well. God help me

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I feel like this post was written by me. I had surgery yesterday. The gas pain is unbearable. All I want to do is cry. I can deal with the incision pain, but this gas pain is unbelievable. It makes everything hurt.

I was sleeved on 9/28. Days one and three were awful! I had little gas pain, but horrible pain for a hernia repair. I was not expecting that level of pain! By day three I was pretty blue and in the "why did I do this to myself?" Mood. It passed. Feeling much better, much stronger, and hardly any pain 8 days out. My PA said it was totally normal and to expect a low at about three weeks and then again at five weeks.

Sent from my KFTBWI using the BariatricPal App

Hi guys I was sleeved 4th Oct and feeling so emotional. The pain is fine it's the gas pains that make me want to cry. I am sat in the hospital wondering if I've done the right thing. I know many of you have probably thought the same thing just looking for some encouragement. Didn't know the gas would be this bad. I keep walking and walking but my God this is really bad. Dr won't give me any gas relief. My throat hurts so bad as well. God help me

I had mine on the 4th also. But lucky me, i didnt have any gas pains, or any other pains. I was scared because everyone kept telling how bad it was going to be. I went in and now im home doing somethings that i really wanted to do. The only thing im confused about is when i eat, i dont really feel full. I feel this cramping under my left breast. Is that my body telling me thats enough? Idk

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on the 5th. Came home yesterday and have been in so much pain. I've walked, heating pad, etc. I know it's only temporary but damn this sucks. I wish I had an extra night in hospital with all the good iv pain killers. Had no pain until that all wore off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on the 5th. Came home yesterday and have been in so much pain. I've walked, heating pad, etc. I know it's only temporary but damn this sucks. I wish I had an extra night in hospital with all the good iv pain killers. Had no pain until that all wore off.

And I can barely get anything down now. Yesterday I was sipping like a champ.

Getting the Fluid is is very challenging. Not sure when to eat or sip or what not. I try my hardest to get it in but if I don't I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

@@toli all you can do is try!! Good luck

Getting the Fluid is is very challenging. Not sure when to eat or sip or what not. I try my hardest to get it in but if I don't I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

@@toli all you can do is try!! Good luck

Thanks, you too!

I was sleeved on Oct. 3rd. Had a large amount of swelling. Swelling is still going down. Has anyone had any weight loss yet? I am not back to my pre surgery weight yet.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using the BariatricPal App

So glad to see this ... Had my sleeve on 9/28.... Been so up since that day but right now just massive let down ... I feel great just can't stop crying for no reason.... What's going on with me??? Is this normal???

Sorry to hear...the gas pains are a killer!! Walking, heating pad, Tylenol for gas pain and sugar free halls for your sore throat. I had band to bypass oct 3. Feeling a million times better today :-) The shoulder pain when I got the band was truly unbearable. I totally understand. Hope you're feeling better soon!

I had my sleeve on October 4 and had the boy why did I do this lol so today is 4 days out and feel a whole lot better. Does any one have the feeling of discomfort after they drink anything? Seems like after I drink anything it's very uncomfortable.