Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional day 2 post op

@@BJ2CUTE Yassssss! I'm kinda at the why stage right now. Just keeping my eye on the prize. Drinking sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Jesus loves you!!!

I am getting 64 oz of Fluid in every day, but it is an all-day affair. It is almost like a full-time job in itself. Thank goodness for short-term disability!

Edited by blizair09

@@blizair09 I gotta up my game! The nausea is killing me but I'm gonna do better today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Jesus loves you!!!

Just keep at it. You'll get there!!

@@southbound Are you taking anything for the nausea? If not - ask for something and if so - ask for something different.

@@blizair09 I just went to pre-op teaching class yesterday and one of the power points said "This is a full-time job" and that's why they recommend staying out of work for 4-6 weeks.

Hang in there. I remember breaking down several times the first two weeks. Unfortunately I suffered from a rare blood clot and made my experience harder and made me feel more depressed. I thought the pain I felt for 4 days was gas but the last day was so unbearable. Point is.. listen to your body. The actual gas goes away but if you still feel funky.. don't hesitate to call your surgeon. A lot of the procedure is mental... at least for me it was. You ALWAYS have great support here. And it does get better. I'm entering my 4th week and I'm still struggling a bit but I am not regretting it as much as the first week. Good luck and best wishes!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

So I've had peppermint tea and I've had a great bit of relief. Thank God for peppermint tea!!

I was sleeved on the 5th. Came home yesterday and have been in so much pain. I've walked, heating pad, etc. I know it's only temporary but damn this sucks. I wish I had an extra night in hospital with all the good iv pain killers. Had no pain until that all wore off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I had mines done on the 5th also,was not bad until I got home and meds wore out. my advice is don't let your pain meds wear off.

I don't have pain as such just soreness. They only 'pain' I get is from my biggest suture when I go walking so I have to slow my walk down.

On a separate note I'm starting to have the phantom head food cravings. Usually the weekends are eat out weekends so I will need to adapt to the new lifestyle.

Question! Is gas the feeling I'm having in my stomach? Like it feels like super heavy pressure.. I can barely inhale deeply.

Question! Is gas the feeling I'm having in my stomach? Like it feels like super heavy pressure.. I can barely inhale deeply.

Yes, that's gas. It sucks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Make sure you're walking! Do laps around the ward, increasing in number if you can...or frequency, if you can't. That walking is the ONLY THING that will get the gas to work its way out of your body. Otherwise, it's just going to sit there, causing you pain. If you sit in your bed the whole time, it won't leave. So walk walk walk!

As for Fluid intake, do the best you can. You're probably still on IV fluids, which helps with hydration. I wasn't able to do anywhere near what they said I "should" be able to do, with Fluid intake, while I was in the hospital...I had to work up to it, by sipping at home. It took a couple days, but eventually I was getting 90g Protein from shakes and 64oz of Water.

But my biggest recommendation is to walk. It may only result in belching right now, but in a few days you're going to be ripping enormous farts and feeling a LOT better.

Also, the reason the doctor wouldn't give meds for gas is, the gas isn't in your digestive tract or stomach...it's in your abdominal cavity. So meds won't do anything for it. The surgical CO2 passes through into your organs via osmosis, and that's how it escapes...but if you don't move, the gas will just sit there like a giant bubble in your abdomen. That's why walking and moving is so important.