Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My journey into VSG world

So, I am new here and mid ways in my approval process and still working hard on getting my approval for VSG..my entire packet is almost together..all the tests ran, the 6 month medical weight loss attempt from last year included..My Dr support letter for surgery since my BMI is not high enough, but since I have diabetes I still qualify..then now this road block..ugh..why is there always a road block? Lol

So..because of past compulsive eating habits, I've had to jump through the therapy hoop, but know what? I'm good with it. I probably needed therapy years ago for my food addiction.

I want to have all the ammunition I can get to kick my food addiction in the butt! I honestly eat the right stuff 95% of the time..I exercise at the gym and walk 10,000-15,000 steps a day..but being in my 40s my weight won't budge and I know my portion size is way too big, plus that 95% should be 100% most days, but I honestly have nothing that tells me to stop eating.. That's why I think the surgery will work wonders for me. I hope to continue to address the head hunger more even after surgery because I know that's the true struggle for people with food addictions. So that's where I am..the beginning of my journey..pray that I get approved and can come back on here in months and show those awesome before and after pictures I see so many of you posting. What a great site this is..everyone is so sweet and supportive. I ❤️❤️❤️!!!!

BTW, I've read two great books, because I'm the 'gotta research and read everything you can about it', kind of gal. Lol

If you haven't had the surgery yet, here are the books. I found them so insightful. One is from a Dr. View point and the other from a patient to patient view.

Ultimate Gastric Sleeve Success by Dr Duc C.Vuong

The Sleeved Life: A Patient to Patient Guide in VSG

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Lucky2Lose Thanks for sharing your story... When we constantly fail at weight loss, it can defeat us to the point of complete surrender. I didn't tell many people i was getting the surgery, and you know what... No one even noticed i was losing any weight until i had lost over 70 lbs. Without the tools this surgery gave me, i would have given up... AGAIN!

I didn't know what to expect, i chose the sleeve, because i didn't want to change the plumbing in my body, but i knew i needed something more than the band. Once i started losing, i used my addictive personality for the power of good... lol. And i would push myself to walk more, and challenged myself by buying the pizza for the family and picking it up, bringing it home, and sitting at the same table as my family would eat it.

Everyone has their skeletons in the closet, and everyone has their problems, the only difference is that ours shows on the outside... Give in to the fact that you need help, and then never look back! Embrace that we are living in an age when a surgery like this is possible, and enjoy a win for once!

I challenge you to post an outfit you want to wear, then let's circle the date on the calendar and get this thing going!

We all have it in us, We just need to do something... For US!

I believe in you!

Well, it's been a bit... how are you doing? :)

@[mention=301449]Lucky2Lose[/mention] Thanks for sharing your story... When we constantly fail at weight loss, it can defeat us to the point of complete surrender. I didn't tell many people i was getting the surgery, and you know what... No one even noticed i was losing any weight until i had lost over 70 lbs. Without the tools this surgery gave me, i would have given up... AGAIN!
I didn't know what to expect, i chose the sleeve, because i didn't want to change the plumbing in my body, but i knew i needed something more than the band. Once i started losing, i used my addictive personality for the power of good... lol. And i would push myself to walk more, and challenged myself by buying the pizza for the family and picking it up, bringing it home, and sitting at the same table as my family would eat it.
Everyone has their skeletons in the closet, and everyone has their problems, the only difference is that ours shows on the outside... Give in to the fact that you need help, and then never look back! Embrace that we are living in an age when a surgery like this is possible, and enjoy a win for once!
I challenge you to post an outfit you want to wear, then let's circle the date on the calendar and get this thing going!
We all have it in us, We just need to do something... For US!
I believe in you!

Very motivating thank you I needed exactly that! You're so right put those bad habits away and start kicking fat in the ass literally. I know I want my body back, I'm 55 and I'm looking forward to feeling fit and fabulous. Thank you.