Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Angry at Unsupportive SO! Get a backbone women and men!

So many posts here, about unsupportive significant others. Just watched My 600 lb. life. Zsalynn is doing great. She went for weight training with a trainer. Her SO said if you want to break a sweat grab the vacuum cleaner. I wanted to go through the tv. She is trying so hard, and her young child (and his), yells why did you marry him mommy!? Zsalynn said because I wouldn't have you.

I have made terrible choices in my life, I guess this is why it bothers me so. Sort of like the first husband of 20 years dropping me at the hospital to have two different surgeries. He is history but I still wonder why I settled for such crap. The first surgery was a kidney stone when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant, and nearly died.

Please, strong women, never ever let a man treat you like this.

Amen sister, preach it! I just don't understand at all, if someone loves you they WANT you to be healthy. Obesity takes years off of peoples' lives. If the person you are with doesn't want you to live a long and healthy life kick them to the curb!

I do think you hit the nail on the head, though, when you said you settled for your first husband. Sadly I think many people settle because they think they can't do any better :(

Edited by laceemouse

Amen sister, preach it! I just don't understand at all, if someone loves you they WANT you to be healthy. Obesity takes years off of peoples' lives. If the person you are with doesn't want you to live a long and healthy life kick them to the curb!

I do think you hit the nail on the head, though, when you said you settled for your first husband. Sadly I think many people settle because they think they can't do any better :(

Or they feel like they dont deserve better.

So many posts here, about unsupportive significant others. Just watched My 600 lb. life. Zsalynn is doing great. She went for weight training with a trainer. Her SO said if you want to break a sweat grab the vacuum cleaner. I wanted to go through the tv. She is trying so hard, and her young child (and his), yells why did you marry him mommy!? Zsalynn said because I wouldn't have you.

I have made terrible choices in my life, I guess this is why it bothers me so. Sort of like the first husband of 20 years dropping me at the hospital to have two different surgeries. He is history but I still wonder why I settled for such crap. The first surgery was a kidney stone when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant, and nearly died.

Yes. ladies, please don't do that! There are good men out there! My husband is absolutely amazing with support. Never left the hospital, even though my mom and dad offered him multiple breaks where they'd stay with me. Walked with me in the halls. Even turned on the heated seat before I got taken down to the car to help relax the pain. (On low, we are in NC where it's still hot as heck).

I keep worrying about spending money. You all know this journey isn't cheap. We bought a new blender yesterday and I almost died, but he tells me over and over his top 2 priorities are my health and happiness. I am extremely extremely blessed. But my reason for sharing is there ARE men like this that are real. Don't settle for anything less. You deserve the best person who is out there for you.

My Dad always said a marriage isn't 50/50. It's 100/100 and both people give 100% of what they have to give. He swears it's the secret to success.

Anyway. Loopy, you are 110% correct.

I was 45 when I found my man. I won't waste your time with details, but do not settle for less. I used to say I would rather be alone than with a with a husband who won't come home, and I was alone for awhile. Never dreamed what happiness was ahead of me.

Yes. ladies, please don't do that! There are good men out there! My husband is absolutely amazing with support. Never left the hospital, even though my mom and dad offered him multiple breaks where they'd stay with me. Walked with me in the halls. Even turned on the heated seat before I got taken down to the car to help relax the pain. (On low, we are in NC where it's still hot as heck).

I keep worrying about spending money. You all know this journey isn't cheap. We bought a new blender yesterday and I almost died, but he tells me over and over his top 2 priorities are my health and happiness. I am extremely extremely blessed. But my reason for sharing is there ARE men like this that are real. Don't settle for anything less. You deserve the best person who is out there for you.

My Dad always said a marriage isn't 50/50. It's 100/100 and both people give 100% of what they have to give. He swears it's the secret to success.

You have any amazing husband so far mine has been very supportive I haven't had my surgery tho yet I hope he continue to do the same as he is now. I have never been hospitalized or bed ridden I have always taken care of the kids and the house so I'm curious to see how he steps up to the plate when needed to lol. I kinda hope them he sees my job is not always so easy also. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You will be just fine Genn!

Agreed Geen you'll be fine, he sounds like a good egg. And Loopy, I'm happy for you! The good ones are out there [emoji4]

Edited by rolosmom7

My husband is far from perfect, as am I, but has been pretty darn amazing throughout this process too. I gotta give it to him. He's very nurturing. He took good care of me as I recovered, plus took over all child care duties of our 9 year old son. For the house I have a once a week cleaning service, so no vacuuming for me, unless a box of Cheerios spills lol.

I think some women just don't think they deserve any better. It's sad.

My husband is being the exact same way. He stayed at the hospital all 3 days, only leaving when I asked him for a change of clothes and to get himself something eat. He slept in my room with me and I'm sure the nurses loved him because he had them show him how to put on my compression leggings and get me in and out of bed so I didn't have to bother them constantly.

He has been my savior thru this whole thing. All women (AND MEN!) deserve a partner like this!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I was 45 when I found my man. I won't waste your time with details, but do not settle for less. I used to say I would rather be alone than with a with a husband who won't come home, and I was alone for awhile. Never dreamed what happiness was ahead of me.

I am 37 and I have never had a boyfriend, but that is because I refuse to settle. I won't just take what I can get. I, too, would rather be happy and single than miserable in some relationship.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Did you watch the follow up episode? She divorces that dirtbag and starts dating again

I am 37 and I have never had a boyfriend, but that is because I refuse to settle. I won't just take what I can get. I, too, would rather be happy and single than miserable in some relationship.

I have so many single friends, sweetheart, and I tell them what I learned 40 years ago. I would rather be alone than to be married and ALONE.

Did you watch the follow up episode? She divorces that dirtbag and starts dating again

Thank God!!!!!

My husband didnt leave my side. Slept in the uncomfortable chair with his bad back. Made sure to get the nurses when I needed them, was the bad cop when my anxiety went through the roof with the beeping of machines being empty of iv fluids, did everything for me. Takes care of everything I ask for with no hesitation and just a really great guy.

Never settle.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App