Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't believe it is now Sunday meaning tomorrow would be one week that I had my surgery this week went by fast and I thought it wouldn't yesterday I spent the entire day in the emergency room, to make sure I was not experiencing a blood clot. I did that so I could relax my mind I wasn't really in a lot of pain just tightness in my calfs the overall result was just muscles tightening after hearing that I was fine I was able to relax last night I did have an ultrasound of both legs thighs down to feet and that came back no clots.

Currently the only pain I'm really feeling is when I go to the bathroom number two is very difficult my boyfriend just left to go get me some Miralax currently I am using the Colace stool softeners. Took three of those yesterday throughout the day bowel movement was not real painful but during the night I woke up around 2 AM and had to go and it was very painful again. That is why today I'm deciding to try MiraLAX powder. Due to the fact that it is Sunday I am not able to call the doctors office to make sure I can take MiraLAX. I am going to try it because a lot of people on this website have used it and had success with it. I was given a list of acceptable medications and it is not on the list that is the only concern I have right now but I'm going i'm going to take it anyways if there is anybody else on this website that took MiraLAX and had success please comment.

Other than that I feel really good the weirdest thing is that the calf pain is gone today doesn't it always happen like that LOL the craziest thing is I spent the whole day in the hospital yesterday and then this morning the pain is gone I think it was also a mental thing making me panic.

Now we'll talk about my stats, my original weight was 257.8 so let's call it 258 my surgery weight was 250 I struggled trying to lose that 7 pounds. Today I weighed myself I know it is early to do that but the scale said 231.

I was amazed by that

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had my surgery on Sept 26 also, nice to find someone that shares my date! sorry to hear you are having some issues, I've been doing good, little to no pain- even surviving a sneeze every morning. No BM yet, but not feeling like I have to since I was pretty religious on liquids preop and post op sticking to Protein drinks and Water. So lots of bathroom breaks to pee.

My stats. Highest weight 291 Jan 1, surgery weight 238 (lowest in 25 years) I did a lot of walking while doing the program and waiting for insurance approval. Cw 235. Congrats on the progress!

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Absolutely check with your surgeon, but you should be ok with the Miralax as it's not a stimulant. That and stool softeners have saved me the past few days.

You could also try milk of magnesia. Good luck!

Edited by gemigirl

Tmbrett I'm glad we found out we had The same surgery date. How was your pain the day of surgery I was in agony I can't believe how far I've come in a short time I feel good today. Please let me know or comment when you do have a BM movement only because I'm curious to see if you experienced the same thing I did. You lost a great amount of weight prior to surgery that's an achievement I could not reach. Congrats.

Serenity141 if you are nervous the best thing to do is go to the ER even though you may wait a while it'll help clear your head to help you focus on recovering I had to do it yesterday but I can't say if you're nervous of dehydration the doctor told me yesterday if your temperature is good and your coloring is good in your skin you are not dehydrated. She also said if you pinch the skin on your arm and it tightens up rather than just falls back to its normal state then you may be dehydrated. Hope this helps a little bit.

Gemigirl- thanks for the advice on the MiraLAX I did try it in an 8 ounce bottle of Water I have yet to finish that bottle sipping slow. I think that will be the greatest battle with the miralax is putting it in Water and trying to get it all down but I will do anything not to have a painful BM again

I haven't had horrible pain, I did get sick with my first meal the evening after surgery, they gave me naseua shot - overnight I started to feel like I was going to get sick but the nurse told me to breathe thru it, and I did ok.

After that I haven't had any issues. I have been taking the Zofran that they have me a prescription for every day. I've noticed I'm getting kind of gassy, so I expect that first BM is getting close, and I am stocked up to deal with it!

Well, it started. In living hell right now trying to pass this first BM it started around 11pm last night, feels like a boulder I have my post op appointment at 9am guess what the topic is because I can't get it to move. First time I have cried since the surgery, sitting on the toilet

I got a dulcolax suppository last night, it finally passed at 6am. My butt still hurts. My doctor was unsympathetic which pissed me off more because I already feel like crap from the episode. Just trying to be prepared for the future. Any tips appreciated.

The first poop was BY FAR the worst day for me post-op, at least so far. I started doing Miralax and stool softener. Now that I'm on purees I will be having a bite or two of baby food prunes and continue with the stool softener for a bit until I can actually get enough food in me to properly "go".

My practices nurse is unsympathetic too - because she knows I'm probably not getting in enough Water. It is my daily task now to drink at least 64 oz - I was hovering around 48 before. Good luck!

I'm 3 days post op and took

A swig of prune juice this lunch time and by this eve had to rush to the bathroom for my 1st BM. Suggest anyone reading this with problems gives prune juice a try