Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been invited to my friends bday party , who I have not told I've had my op she says there's gonna be loads of food worse nightmare and alcohol lol I don't no what I'm gonna do and I want to to I'm nearly 8 weeks post op I'm not interested in food or alcohol in just need to get out I've been so isolated what am I gonna do food and alcohol worse nightmare to me ????????

Sent from my SM-N910F using the BariatricPal App

I've been invited to my friends bday party , who I have not told I've had my op she says there's gonna be loads of food worse nightmare and alcohol lol I don't no what I'm gonna do and I want to to I'm nearly 8 weeks post op I'm not interested in food or alcohol in just need to get out I've been so isolated what am I gonna do food and alcohol worse nightmare to me

Enjoy the company :), have your drink (ice tea or Water...etc) to sip on it while all of you hang out. They may not even notice since you'll be "drinking" at the same time. As far as food, I've found that most don't even notice if I barely touch my food. What they did notice was when I scarfed it in the past haha. Good luck, and just have fun. ^^

Go, have a good time, as Sai says, sip on some Water or unsweet tea. Doubtful anyone will press food or drink on you, but here are some sample scripts in case they do:

Them: care for a cocktail? You: No thanks!

Them: Here, have a slice of birthday cake! You: I wish I could, but my doctor ordered me not to eat food like that until I lose some weight.

Them: why aren't you eating? You: I've been having some tummy issues recently, trust me, you do not want to see the results at this party if I eat some rich party food.

Them: Why aren't you drinking? You: My doctor told me no alcohol because I need to lose weight. I swear I am not pregnant!

etc. etc. Pick the type of excuse that works best for you, though I doubt you will have to use it.

I've been invited to my friends bday party , who I have not told I've had my op she says there's gonna be loads of food worse nightmare and alcohol lol I don't no what I'm gonna do and I want to to I'm nearly 8 weeks post op I'm not interested in food or alcohol in just need to get out I've been so isolated what am I gonna do food and alcohol worse nightmare to me

Mix, mingle, get some Dasani strawberry sugar free drops which are red, and add them to the Water. There, you brought your own yummy drink. The more you move around no one is going to see what you eat, and say the truth, I ate before I came, I am strictly dieting. Relax!

I was recently at an event that turned into a drinking party (wake for a friend). I was 10 days post-op and knew I couldn't drink. I had a cranberry juice. It was 1/3 cranberry juice, 2/3 Water, served over ice in a pint glass. Nobody ever noticed that I didn't have alcohol in my "vodka-cranberry." I just made sure that if someone bought me a drink, I surreptitiously dumped it and got another one of my "specials." My husband had suggested I do just Water with a lime in it, so it'd look like a gin and tonic.

You can do this! Are you on mushy foods yet, because if you are, you might find something at the party that you could eat (like the filling of a deviled egg or something). Honestly, if it gets really awkward, you could either take tiny portions of things and just push them around the plate like you are eating or use any of the "outs" Bufflehead suggested. You've got this!

Go, have a good time, as Sai says, sip on some Water or unsweet tea. Doubtful anyone will press food or drink on you, but here are some sample scripts in case they do:

Them: care for a cocktail? You: No thanks!

Them: Here, have a slice of birthday cake! You: I wish I could, but my doctor ordered me not to eat food like that until I lose some weight.

Them: why aren't you eating? You: I've been having some tummy issues recently, trust me, you do not want to see the results at this party if I eat some rich party food.

Them: Why aren't you drinking? You: My doctor told me no alcohol because I need to lose weight. I swear I am not pregnant!

etc. etc. Pick the type of excuse that works best for you, though I doubt you will have to use it.

Agree!

I would say "im having a bit of a stomach bug, but i just couldnt bare to miss your party. I always have such a great time."

Flattery tends to distract people right quick