Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in September!!

Also, another place I thought I'd never lose weight, my wrists. My bracelets are huge!

I know we love all these NSV's!

I discovered I had lost one of my rings. My DH had got it for me last Christmas, it has the kids names engraved on it with their birthstones.....very special to me.

I did find it after a few hours on my hands and knees in the yard.

Time to take my rings in and get them resized. I'm sure my wedding ring can go down at least 1 size.

I have nothing to wear! I shopped at goodwill for my summer clothes, today it's 60 degrees in MI and I have no fall/winter clothes at all.

My boss told me yesterday that my pants were too big. (So I snooped and found a pair of pants in my older son's dresser...they are 32x32 and fit, rolled up of course)...Yee Haw!

Have a great day everyone!

Keep up the good work

Just peeking in to say hi....HI!!!

Great NSV's everyone!

RESTRICTION AT LAST!!!! Good for you Karen!

I feel your pain Mary. It's getting cool in Chicago as well and I have nothing to wear. I'm going to try and find a few things at the thrift store.

Enjoy your day!

Just go back from the doctor. I lost 3 lbs this past month, for a total of 35.8 lbs. At this rate it will take me years to lose all I need to lose. That said they added another.5 cc fill and I'm up to 3.5 cc in my 4cc band. Of course I'm on liquids for the next 48 hours or there about, and I may take some time for it to kick in so hoping this one will do the trick. I hope I'm not over filled now. I really want to change sizes, I'm still wearing my same size. I want new clothes and smaller new clothes. It really got cold here yesterday and I have no jeans. Guess its time to think of cold weather clothes.

Saw my PCP last week and he cut my diabetes med in half, that is a great NSV. So I'm staying postive and motivated by seeing everyones sucesses

Stay strong everyone.

Saw my PCP last week and he cut my diabetes med in half, that is a great NSV. So I'm staying postive and motivated by seeing everyones sucesses

Stay strong everyone.

:whoo:Awesome NSV...and 3.5lbs is great. Better than nothing at all, or gaining.

Carol what do you mean do better, the fact that those darn Cookies

are laying in the grass in your backyard is great!!! You did just fine!!

Thick chick 14 That is awesome!

For anyone that has been a plus size for ever, I found out that if the plus size is big in the ole butt, you need a lady's size.

I thought I would never get out of those damn old lady plus size clothes. I went from a 26 to a 18w. But then I went to lord and taylor and said to the lady, 'Why are these pants so baggy in the butt? she said Honey you need to go up to the ladies department. I have never ventured there, even as a 10 year old girl I was a plus size. So I bought a standard ladies 18 pants and it fit! Oh the possibilities are endless.

Also today I wore jeans that were too long so I put on higher heeled shoes. They are a 9W I wore them at work for about an hour, I felt like I was wearing my DH shoes, they are so000 big now. I had to curl my toes to keep them on. Has anyone else lost weight in there feet. My wedding ring is history also, way to loose. I am just amazed at these small changes.

Anyone else have any stories?

Toodles

Small changes? Those are some MAJOR MILESTONES!!! Congratulations!!

BTW- I too have experienced some weight loss on my chibby "Fred Flinstone" feet. I was wearing a 10W and am down to a 9W, I am guessing that it will coninue because before I got fat I was about a 7 1/2 or 8; and that was as an adult so I don't think my feet grew THAT much.. LOL

YAY to you, go get those ladies sizes!!!

I got my second fill yesterday and I have to say I am more hungry now then I was before? What gives? I went from 1 cc to 2 ccs in my 4cc band. The doc said that I should have liquids for the day and go back to regular food today. Well, I had my liquids all day but I was sooo hungry by dinner that I broke down and had a few roasted potatoes and ground beef. Well today I was ravenous ALL DAY!!! I don't know what is going on? Has anyone else had this experiense after a fill? I felt more restriction before my fill?

Hi all. I've noticed that by week 2 after I've had a fill, I really begin to feel the restriction. So at lunch I was eating a small apple (already had my protein) and suddenly....wham-O!! ;) There's a saying in the south about vomiting so hard that it's like vomiting your socks off....that was today's PB....:faint:. I've done apples before, but I guess today wasn't my day. It's funny now, but then...right when my class of 35 6th graders were just starting, not good.

Things with this fill are actually going pretty well. I've lost 3 lbs. over the last week...so that's good for me, weight coming off a bit quicker than before.

Hope all is well with others. I really don't PB much, but today was a toe curler for sure!

Annette :confused:

Hi all. I've noticed that by week 2 after I've had a fill, I really begin to feel the restriction. So at lunch I was eating a small apple (already had my protein) and suddenly....wham-O!! :P There's a saying in the south about vomiting so hard that it's like vomiting your socks off....that was today's PB....:faint:. I've done apples before, but I guess today wasn't my day. It's funny now, but then...right when my class of 35 6th graders were just starting, not good.

Things with this fill are actually going pretty well. I've lost 3 lbs. over the last week...so that's good for me, weight coming off a bit quicker than before.

Hope all is well with others. I really don't PB much, but today was a toe curler for sure!

Annette :car:

Sometimes I have a hard time with apples too, and oranges. But I also like to eat them early in the morning, and I can't have a lot of things early in the morn!

Ok so I'm completely addicted to spinning, its all I can think about or talk about. Everyone around me must want me to shut up already. I can't wait until tonights class though. I feel so fit!

Well, I’m back. I was soooooo busy this summer that I haven’t had time to check in as often as I wanted. Between work, camps, vacations, fishing/kayak trips, my sons foot surgery and gardening, there hasn’t been much time for anything else.

So a brief update. I went in for my second fill mid June and found that my port was flipped all the way around. We knew that it had become unattached when I went in for my first fill in May, but in June it was so bad that I couldn’t get a fill. Decided to put off getting it fixed until late August because of all the plans I had for the summer. Well, I went in on August 26. It was supposed to be a simple procedure where I was given a twilight sleep and they were going go use local injections. I was also going to get a slight fill and they were going to make my scar skinner (it was only about 2 inches long but it was about ½ inch wide.), then I was going to go home the same day. When I woke up from surgery, my throat hurt so I knew that I was put all the way under and the doctor was standing there. As it turns out when they cut me open and started to reposition my port it popped out because of the hernia that was behind it. The hole was large enough to pass a plum through. They had to put me all the way under and use mesh to close the hole. I also had a complete unfill and had to spend the night in the hospital (they wanted me to stay 2, but I wanted to go home). My scare is skinner but it is also about 5 inches long. So now I am waiting until October 1 to get my second first fill or my first fill for a second time. I have been sitting between 189-193 forever and can’t wait to get the ball rolling "downhill" again. Now that I am unfilled, I can eat more but I still will get stuck if I take too big of a bite, don’t chew well or if it is really dry. So I guess that is a good thing as I don’t want to fall back into all my old bad habits of shovel, two chews, swallow, repeat.

That’s all for now. I hope to get caught up with all the Marchies this weekend. I have a lot of reading to do.

Wow Mrs, that's something. I'm glad to hear you are recovering though. I can't wait for things to slow down from summer, but isn't it this the beginning of the busy season for most?

:car:

Mrs. Husker we were banded on the same day and I was wondering what had happened to you.

My gosh, what an ordeal. I guess the good thing is that they found to hernia. Don't worry October will be here before we know it and you will have your fill before turkey day, all is good.

Take care of yourself

Hi everyone. It's been a hectic summer for me as well, but it's nice to be back! The weight has been coming off steadily, and trust me, it's only because I'm at the gym 6 days a week. When I don't go, the scale won't budge.

I'm having some swelling in port area bcuz of my period, but this month it is more swollen than i like, so i have a call into my doctor. I'm wondering if it could be a flipped port or something like that. Has anyone had that problem?

virginia

Virgina,

I didn't know I had a hernia until after surgery, but I should have. My port area stuck out like the pointed end of a large egg. I hope that everything is ok with yours.

I have been trying to catch up on everything with all the Marchies and all I can say is "HOLY CRAP" you people are doing great!!! I plan on busting butt as soon as I get the ok from my doctor. Walking is fine, but I need to do more.