Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in September!!

I moved last month and it took awhile before I got the cable people out to my house and the computer up and running. I missed all of you guys and I hope everyone had a great month. Everyone seems to be losing so well. Congratulations to you all!!! I was 1 pound short of my 10lb goal for the month of August, but I am thrilled about the 9lb loss. My birthday is in 2 weeks on the 18th so I am hoping to be in ONE-DER-LAND by my 34th birthday! 7 LBS TO GO!!! I'll be posting 6 months pics as well. I hope everyone will post pictures...I can't wait to see!

/quote]

Tammy

You'll get those 7 pounds off if you set your mind to it. What an amazing gift to give yourself. You know you'll see 35 at goal and that's fantastic!

Good to see you back too.

Hey Tammy- You can do it! What a wonderfu gift to you!!! My daughter shares a bday with you, she's great so you must be too!!!

I went to the doc the other day and he said that I was doing great. Now I know that he wants to be encouraging but I really don't feel like I am doing so great. Tomorrow is my 6 month bandiversarry and I have lost 41 lbs, 17 of them were the 1st two weeks after surgery. I feel like it's been very slow but my doc says that it's ok and good to loose slowly. He says that people that are smaller in stature tend to loose more slowly. Has anyone else heard this?

Also, how tall are you? I'm 5'2".

Nikki,

I don't mean to be contrary...but I'm 5'2'' as well.., my starting weight was much heigher than yours which may account for me losing more quickly. But I've never heard the short people lose more slowly thing.

Are you working out and tracking your food? Really 41 pounds in 24 weeks is 1.70 pounds a week. That's a good rate of loss!

Take care,

nikki, I feel your pain. I have only lost 31 lbs since I was banded. I go again next Tuesday for a doctors appointment, I'm hoping that I have lost at least five lbs this month. My scales was down earlier this week, but won't get my hopes up till it stays there. So don't get to discouraged, it just slow for some of us.

I know we all want the weight gone yesterday, but I have been overweight for the last 30 years so I guess if it takes a couple of years I should be happy. I really do understand as all of do on this site.

Stay strong, we will win this battle.

Carol, as long as you know that weight can go up with how much Water your body is holding, I don't think that its a sickness!

To weigh or not to weigh, this is the question???

How often does everybody weigh themselves? I am still soooo addicted to the scale.How to go cold turkey or cut back... open to suggestions.

I too want 10 lbs to be gone this month.

I'm not weighing myself at all this month. I used to weigh in every sat morning, but I'm really trying to not focus so much on the scale and focus more on how I feel, size of clothes, and focus on my fitness levels.

Janine, I agree with everyone else you are way too tight. You should still be able to eat a variety of high quality foods.

Nikki, Your daughter is a fabulous Virgo like me... although we can be a bit fussy at times...:-) I think those with higher BMI's tend to lose more quickly no matter what height they are.

Rosi, I try not to weigh too often because I can become obsessed. I only weigh once a week.

Okay thickchick & jmcambra, lets see some 6 months pictures!

I've been 2 weeks with pretty high restriction and still have only lost 3 lbs. But, I have been slacking on my exercise. ( My bed is so much more comfy than the treadmill at 5:30 a.m.! )

But seriously, now that the the kids are on the bus at 7:45 am and I don't have to be to work til 9am, I think this will be my new time for exercise.

so far today: 2 bottles of Water, slimfast high Protein Shake powder mixed with 1 C. light vanilla soymilk, 5 wheat thins, 3 tbsp hummus, pure Protein Bar.

See ya! ...Oh, congrats on everyone's losses, you're awesome

Hello everyone,

First to answer the question, I weigh everyday. I know the average person

flaculates from day to day, but if I creep up to much I know to put the brakes on and rethink what I am putting in my mouth.

Well, I went to have a slight unfill. Doc thought I had about 2 cc in my 4cc band. Come to find out I had over 3cc's. No wonder I was so tight and miserable. He left 2 ccs and I actually ate healthy and "lapband normal" for the first time in a long time. I already feel so much better. Thanks guys for encouraging me, to the point of going to see the doc today!

Janine - I'm glad you got that unfill, I was worried about you.

Great to see you back, TammyJ! We missed you!

To The Bitch: Awesome NSV story! LMAO....soon you'll be "Skinny Bitch".

Jeni, Feeling pretty good about my progress, and am happy with my band for sure. No regrets at all.

I have to weigh myself daily. I actually read something that people who do weigh frequently manage their weight better. As long as we don't freak out over the normal fluctuations, I think it's ok.

Jmcambra - Happy 6 month bandiversary today! Me too! You have really done well with your commitment to exercise.

I was going to post my 6 month pics today, but something is wrong with my before picture. It's not the right type of file or something, and I don't know why. It's because I had rotated it, I think. I'm not very good at this. Any suggestions?

I completely forgot about about my bandiversary! I'll have to find an old picture, there aren't many, as you can imagine!!!