Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in September!!

:whoo:Hey to all Marchies just wanted to see how we are all doing in September... As that 6mths post -op creeps up, :rolleyes: How do you feel about your progress so far??

Hi Jeni, thanks for starting the September thread.

I love my band. I got my first fill just 3 weeks ago so I'm new to this serious restriction. I do well when I'm careful, but if I get overly hungry or when I'm thoughtless about the size of my bights I get stuck. Often not to the point of PBing, but to the point of being in pain. I feel dumb everytime it happens.

But my weight loss has remained a constant 10lbs a month. I lost 23 before surgery. I'm please as punch with my losses. I'll have pictures posted this weekend close to my 6 month bandivarsary.

:rolleyes:

Hello Marchies

I can;t believe we are marching into September.

One thing to say: I SHOULD HAVE GOT THE LAPBAND YEARS AGO! I am thrilled with my lapband. Still working on some image issues, but who isn't.

I do have a problem with PBing and am quite tight just taking things day to day.

General question: Do you, for the most part, eat a soft diet? I seem most successful eating softer foods.

Love you guys!!!!

congrats judi on your 10 lbs a month weight loss. I'm very jealous of you. I do love my band just wish I was better at it so I would lose faster. Hoping more restriction when I go next week for another fill.

Everyone keep up the good work. Love hearing how everyone is doing.

Where did the summer go? Probably took our final camping trip of the year this last weekend. Had a great time, got in some bike riding, swam in Lake Michigan, what a blast!

The kids are ready for school tomorrow and the household is back into it's routine.

My band is still showing restriction, which I know is what everyone wishes for. I can eat around 1/2-3/4 cup of food at a time.

It's the stuff that goes down easy (junk-food) that I need to stay away from.

I'll keep my eye on the prize and try to do my very best this month.

Hey Everyone!

Had a NSV moment today----well sort of.

The DH and I went to the Home Depot to get some last minute odds and ends (we are remodeling our master bathroom) Anywho, there are checkouts lines at the Depot that are self-checkout and we were waiting in line for the next available. When it was our turn--a guy at the end of the line jumps ahead of me and the DH and proceeds to checkout-----well I was pissed! I announced quite loudly in from my inner monologue " Some people are so rude"! He didn't say a thing and left.....but then he came back in to the store as I was checking out and told me that if I had something to say to him that I should say it to his face---so being me--and fearless (no matter that he was bigger than me--a probably a former skin head) --I told him he was rude to his face! And he left in a huff cussing. Well, the DH and I left the depot and there was the smug bald-headed goatee wearing chode in his big POS Blazer screaming at me...and this is what he said

"Hey you B_ _ ch! If this was 10 years ago I would kick your A$$ and your husbands.

Now the point of the story is that it wasn't "Hey you Fat B_ _ch!" So I feel that this is a NSV :heh:

Of course at this point I ignored him--and my husband told him to go on about his way and calm down. Of course my inner monologue was trying to come out and say "So, 10 years ago you would beat up a women? Good so you are not a blankey blank blank ---but now you just threaten because you are a p_ssy! ( I am a cusser, so I will not expose you guys to that)

Anywho, I drive an orange vibe ( not many on the road) so my husband says that we won't be able to drive the car to the Home Depot for awhile.

I was like----"HELL YES I WILL!" BRING IT ON SUCKER"!!! I AM FEARLESS!

It is like the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" the parking lot scene. If you let people be rude and run all over you and you not call them on it---well they will continue it and believe that they are entitled!!!

WE MUST UNITE AGAINST RUDENESS!!!!

The end......

Denise

My NSV today my 6 year old was able to wrap her arms completely around my waist and lock her hands together. That's never happened! I got my first full embrace from my little girl! Mind you the little terror will lay on top of me and cuddle a million different ways, but I've been so looking forward to this one and it finally happened.

Denise,

girl you kill me.

But yeah baby, you're just a bitch, not a fat one. Woo Hoo.

Hey Everyone...Great NSV's!

I hired a personal trainer and started with her on Saturday. I made it 40 minutes through the workout, then all of a sudden blacked out! I have no idea what happened. The trainer asked how many calories I'm consuming, so I told her about 1400-1600 per day, and she thinks that is not enough. She wanted me up to 1800 per day, which I think is a little high.

I think I was slightly dehydrated from being filled so tightly that I couldn't keep anything down for a couple days, until I got an unfill on thursday afternoon. Maybe I just didn't have enough liquids in my body.

Anyways, I was so sore on Sunday that I couldn't even get out of bed. BF had to rub ben gay all over my legs. It was so bad. Must have done some sort of good though, considering I was so sore! Even my arms were sore and I didn't even work my arms!

I moved last month and it took awhile before I got the cable people out to my house and the computer up and running. I missed all of you guys and I hope everyone had a great month. Everyone seems to be losing so well. Congratulations to you all!!! I was 1 pound short of my 10lb goal for the month of August, but I am thrilled about the 9lb loss. My birthday is in 2 weeks on the 18th so I am hoping to be in ONE-DER-LAND by my 34th birthday! 7 LBS TO GO!!! I'll be posting 6 months pics as well. I hope everyone will post pictures...I can't wait to see!

Hello to my band sister Jeni 85! Thanks for the September thread!

Juli, I'm glad to see you finally got your fill.

jmcambra, that soreness is a good thing!

Hi Carol, Denise, Janine, Tia, Mary, and all you other Marchies!

I can't believe it, when I got on the scales this morning it was down. I will wait a couple of days and see if it stay down, or if my scales are may possessed it will be back up. Hope everyone is doing good today.

Hi Tammy welcome back!

Wonder were Kythera is? Where are you girl?

Anyway, I am biting the bullet and having a little unfill. I have not dropped more then 2 lbs in a long time. Maybe I am consuming 500- 800 cals a day.

I think I am in a starvation mode.

When I drink I gurgle really bad, anyone else have this.

I can;t eat anything but real soft foods such as applesauce, yogurt, ice cream.

No salad,o r fruits and veggies, no Protein except for cheese.

You guys think I am too tight???

I with Juli! Janine get a slight unfill---mushie foods tend to be highly caloric---or your are in starvation mode! You need to get proper nutrition--ice cream is not a proper food group he he!

Carol--scales are evil.

Denise

aka "No longer the Fat Bitch...just a Bitch" :bounce: