Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not feeling any restriction

Hello all! I was sleeved on 9/12! Yeah. I do have a concern. At this point I am able to take in about 4-5 ounces of liquid but I don't really feel anything. Should I be feeling some kind of restriction? I just hope I didn't go through all of this for nothing. How can I really tell my stomach is smaller? This is so stressful.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@kj4

liquids should not trigger restriction. The only reason they do early on is because you are swollen and healing. The valve at the bottom of your stomach opens constantly to let things pass through and liquids pass like sand through the hourglass.

If you aren't feeling restriction, then you are healing better/faster than most people. Congrats, you can meet your Fluid requirements.

I had mine in the 13th and I asked the Dr at my follow up, he said it's fine. It won't be like that with food though????

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

Give it time. I felt the same way. Not anymore. Actually drinking the first week was really hard and painful but then it got better. Over the summer I felt like a stick of butter in the heat because the weight loss was fast. You will go through different stages and everyone in the group has great info.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I've been feeling the same way, and I also had my procedure on the 12th. Glad to hear it doesn't stay that way once you can eat food. I've been a little concerned that I was being too rough on my sleeve, maybe stretching it.

Me too! I've only been on full liquids but it just seemed like a lot. I am glad to hear this is normal for some. I've been very careful and don't want to do anything to damage the sleeve.