Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tricare Insurance

We're Tricare Prime, I had my surgery at a MTF. The pre-op pathway was thorough and took a while :)

I am just starting with Tricare also. Went to my PCM and she sent a referral in. I have been calling to get an update on my referral and have called every day for 10 days. They have taken my number and told me they would call me back twice and haven't gotten a call. Frustrating but, my PCM was super helpful and said I can come to her again with any problems and she will do her best to help.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I just had surgery thru Tricare and it was so easy! From the day I saw my PCM for the referral to surgery day it was only 3 months! I was told Tricare is the easiest insurance to gain approval from. My surgeon's office also assigned me a patient advocate who made sure everything was getting checked off the list????

We're Tricare Prime, I had my surgery at a MTF. The pre-op pathway was thorough and took a while :)

What did Tricare cover? Did you have to do the 6 month nutrition plan? And what base did you have it done at?

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I just had surgery thru Tricare and it was so easy! From the day I saw my PCM for the referral to surgery day it was only 3 months! I was told Tricare is the easiest insurance to gain approval from. My surgeon's office also assigned me a patient advocate who made sure everything was getting checked off the list????

That's awesome! I hope its that smooth for me. However, I have to do a 6 month nutrition plan before surgery

Everything is covered, since I'm Prime. My PCM documented my prior Weight Watchers losses and that was all I needed. We're at JBLM, there's a huge bariatric program here. Are you Prime or Standard? That will make a difference as to how you're covered.

I did not have to do a 6 month nutrition plan. I just had to visit with a NUT who was located in my surgeons office. I just had to have 3 weigh ins and it didn't matter if I gained weight. I actually gained weight after each visit but I just hit the 40BMI mark and couldn't loose if I wanted to be approved

That's awesome! I hope its that smooth for me. However, I have to do a 6 month nutrition plan before surgery

That must be a requirement from your surgeon's office. Unless Tricare South in different. I live in Texas, stationed at Laughlin AFB

That must be a requirement from your surgeon's office. Unless Tricare South in different. I live in Texas, stationed at Laughlin AFB

Yeah it must be. We just moved from Fort Hood Texas to Fort Lewis Washington

Everything is covered, since I'm Prime. My PCM documented my prior Weight Watchers losses and that was all I needed. We're at JBLM, there's a huge bariatric program here. Are you Prime or Standard? That will make a difference as to how you're covered.

I'm Standard and we are also at JBLM! So I have all my appointments off post

I'm Tricare Prime. First appt was 22 July. My surgeon requires 3 months with NUT, psych eval and physical therapy eval. Tricare South does not require any of this. My last NUT visit is 6 Oct. my paperwork will then be sent to Tricare for surgery approval. Should have surgery early part of Nov. out of pocket I've paid $136. I'll have to pay small fees for the surgery and hospital stay. Less than $100.

Its so easy through Prime here, you do all your appts at Madigan as well as the surgery. Where is your surgeon located off post?

Its so easy through Prime here, you do all your appts at Madigan as well as the surgery. Where is your surgeon located off post?

I wish we had Prime because I hear it's easier and I've heard great things about Madigan. We actually live like 2 min from it. I'm going to CHI Franciscan