Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a newbie! Just adding my story....

i cant believe how much info this site has given me! Big thanks to all of you who are so eager to help and offer advice!

When I turned 40, I declared this "My Year!!" I would do something for myself...and so far this has been my most selfish year ever! ha!

I was always skinny as kid...very boney and lanky! My weight gain came on fast because I always thought I could lose it. Both my parent's passed away in 2004...and the pounds came packing on. Depression, bad choice of food, my love for pizza and my passion for a nice cold beer all caught up with me. I turned 40, I'm 5'3" and I weigh 265lbs! ugh!

I always carried an extreme confidence....and even though I was sad and unhappy with myself, my friends and family never saw this. I was the jokester and the entertainment at each get together! I always managed to dress nice but the selections are small when you are wearing a size 24 jeans! I just got tired and said "I want to walk into a regular store and grab a shirt off the rack instead of special ordering my Cleveland Cavaliers championship t-shirt and paying 3 times the $ for a plus size shirt!"

So here I am.....

I'm waiting on approval. I have completed 6 months of nutrition visits, I had a apnea test, scope down my throat to check for ulcers, a psych evaluation (which I can proudly say I passed -haha) and many many tubes of bloodwork. I had my stuff submitted to insurance on Sept 2. They said it would be 2 weeks. They came back right away with a denial due to the hospital not being Accredited, which it is. So they went back to the insurance company...and I am sitting here waiting. They are super quick to come back with a denial but don't mind taking their time for approval. I'm a nervous wreck!! I stare at my phone all day waiting for the call. I keep logging on to my insurance

website hoping I can see something positive.

That's my story...I appreciate reading all of your journeys, all of your suggestions and all the info you all provide. thanks for reading!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

We have all been there. When I was 18 I decided that after being obese my whole life that "18" was my year... After my 6 month diet the doctor came back and told me the surgeon that worked with our insurance had left the practice so I was SOL! ... Needless to this mast this was a very devastating thing for me at 18.

But then 3 years ago I did it all on my own with my "big girl job" insurance and it was the best thing I ever did!.... Until I lost my big girl job and couldn't afford $265 for every fill! So now it's 2016 and I've just finished my 3rd fill (I'm at 5.4 cc and can't go anymore) and I'm already starting to lose weight!

All in all my point is we all go through some hard stuff to get this surgery but it is worth it no matter how many times you have to resubmit, spend hours on the phone fighting for it! Best of luck to you and please keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi Slimbra, I always thought I was fat when I was in my teens!! Heck I didn't know what fat was. I got married at 17 (barely 17) I had my first child in 1974 my son. I gained 50#'s with him but I lost 35#'s right after I had him and got down pretty well. Now I weighed 135#'s when I got married but during our courtship lol I gained 7#'s and then weighed 142. After my son I got back down to 150. We tried to have another baby abut it took me almost 6 years due female problems. I gained up to 199#'s with her and only lost 13#'s when she was born!! So it started I gained weight so easy at one time I weighed 285#'s tried many many weight loss diets in the mean time I developed Diabetes high blood pressure and in later years Arthritis and Fibromylgia. I managed to lose 135#'s because I was so sick with all of my problems of course I gained it all back plus more! Fast forward to finally July 2, 2013 I had my RNY I lost real fast down to 117#'s my Dr.'s were worried because they thought I was losing muscle. I had problems with Strictures ( kind of like scar tissue) and had 5 Endoscopes with 4 dialations with my last being January 2015. All is greatr now but it was a long road of taking care of it. Fast forward to july 2, 2013 my HW @$( SW 232 CW 125#'s. I have mmaintain my weight with just a 8# gain!! It was amazing how much better I felt after just 8 #'s!! So yes it is hard and it is a totally different lifestyle but OH SO WORTH IT!!! You are going to be so amazed at how well you will do. Remember our WLS is a tool you have to work it!! And remember KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!! That is something that will help you thru all that you need to do!! You are almost there now!! Good Luck!!

Welcome! Your story is one that resonates with all of us. I hope that call comes soon. Congrats!

Welcome!

I hope you get your call and everything works out for your surgery! Hopefully it wont be much longer.

As you have determined, there are alot of hoops to jump through but in the end they are all worth it!

Keep us posted when you get your approval!

omgoooooooodness

I'm so stressed out waiting on a call. The claim was confirmed received by my insurance company on 9/8......I'm waking up in the middle of the night thinking about it. I am constantly checking the insurance website..

and I am not even sure their site will even tell me!!! how long does this take?? I want surgery this year as my deductible has been met with all the stuff I had to do ....

please, talk me off the ledge!! haha

I like you. You're chipper. Lol. Welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

ugh. I could puke. I

called my insurance company this morning...did not want to be a pest so I waited two weeks to call

they did not show any pending claim for me. they said it was cancelled bcz the doctor's office did not provide a date range, but a specific date and that date has since passed...so they just cancelled it! waaaah!

nothing was said to the doctor's office or me...just cancelled!

sorry for the bad punctuation and grammar..I'm at work..sneaking to update

how could anyone just forget about little old me! wah!

fingers crossed this will be resolved

update...insurance company still shows nothing pending for me

called the doctor back...they still have not resubmitted

this sucks...I really thought that I would be waiting on the insurance....not my doctor's staff and their issues with submitting the claim. this has been going on since 9/2