Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So far I have tried Power Crunch (mint is good but doesn't fill me up), pure Protein, Luna, premier bars, zone perfect, and cliff bars and I can't stand any of them. The only kind I've been able to have are the Gatorade whey bars but they have lots of calories and lots of carbs.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I found a specific type of Think Thin bar that I can tolerate--peanut butter. It has a lot of calories (250?), but it also has 20 grams of Protein. I don't like any of the other flavors besides Peanut Butter, though. The chocolate brownie flavor was gagful. I only eat them when I'm running behind on protein and need a big dose to catch up. Because of calories, carbs, and price, I only use them occasionally.

Quest chocolate chip cookie dough, Cookies and cream, chocolate brownie, Peanut Butter flavors, vanilla almond crunch are my favorites. You can get them at GNC or Amazon. They are pricier than most. Oh, almost forgot, costco has their own brand - Kirkland and it has two flavors in the pack, chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie. They are cheaper, taste okay, but not as dense or filling or as good-tasting as the quest bars.

The Premier Protein + Fiber Peanut Butter crunch is legit -- the Luna chocolate chip cookie dough is one, too (although I find it to be more like a candy bar so I limit it to only specific circumstances).

Edited by beyondgrief

I use the Quest bars on occasion. If I know I may be somewhere and might want something to hold me over until I can get something healthier. For example, I was at the ballfield with my daughter for 2 games. I knew the only options there were processed junk food at the snack bar so I took a Quest bar in case I needed something in a pinch. It was a perfect way to stay on my program without caving and buying nachos. For me, it's all about helping me make better choices.

I will also occasionally get a chocolate craving so I keep a double chociolate chunk Quest bar in my drawer at work which I will eat INSTEAD of going to the vending machine and buying a snickers bar. Better the Protein bar than a Snickers!

I think you have to be careful not to rely on them too much if they are causing you issues with your weight/staying on program but I think they are a great option when you're on the go or if it will help with a craving.And, frankly, no Protein Bar that I've tried with good stats is anything CLOSE to tasting like a candy bar - they just help me stay on track and not cave.

Thanks! I don't like Quest bars. They taste too chalky to me. I have a hard time getting my calories in so this helps

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App