Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like I'm missing something !

So I already met with my surgeon. Have my abdominal ultrasound on sep 20th have my psyc evaluation on the 20th as well and also my gastro consult on the 20th. I'm going for lab work next week, and already had my first visit with the nutritionist. I'm doing my week food intake as well as taking a 1 a day women Vitamin. I feel like I'm missing things. I have to get a letter from my doctor for medical nessesity and she has to clear me for surgery a few weeks before. Is there basically anything left?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Surgeons differ. I had to get a monthly calendar to keep up with things, and even after surgery made nots about the food stages. We had a great coordinator who kept us on track. Good luck!

I feel the same. All I had to do...

1.PCP clearance

2.Sleep study

3. Psychological evaluation

4. Blood work

5. 30 day follow up appointment with surgeon.

6. Pre-op tomorrow

7. liquids Sunday (only one day before surgery.)

8. Surgery Monday 9/19

So many on here has so much to do and I'm so NERVOUS because I don't. "?"

I keep telling myself that I've done my research, I have many family and friends that's used the same doctor /group of doctors and they love them and did well, I chose my doctor for a reason, ... I know every doctor is different and every patient is different. I guess since my process was fast, my first visit was on 7/1/16, I feel like I'm missing something. I assume we ALL feel this way. I've also been extra emotional the last few days. We'll be fine and probably laugh at ourselves after we're recovered and healthy. Good luck to all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I had an initial surgery consult and got my blood work done that day. Came back a week later for my NUT appointment and Psych eval. Two days later I came back for my Exercise Physiology appt. a couple weeks later and had an Endoscopy and a final consult "refresher". The following week I started my 10 day pre op diet, which included 3 shakes and 1 under 300 calorie meal per day. Then surgery. Start to finish was less than 6 weeks.

1.PCP clearance

2.Sleep study

4. Blood work

6. Pre-op tomorrow

7. liquids Sunday (only one day before surgery.)

8. Surgery Monday 9/19

I keep telling myself that I've done my research, I have many family and friends that's used the same doctor /group of doctors and they love them and did well, I chose my doctor for a reason, ... I know every doctor is different and every patient is different. I guess since my process was fast, my first visit was on 7/1/16, I feel like I'm missing something. I assume we ALL feel this way. I've also been extra emotional the last few days. We'll be fine and probably laugh at ourselves after we're recovered and healthy. Good luck to all.

Mine is less than that. I told my surgeon my PCP was not on board with me needing this and he said she doesn't have to be. HE did the letter of medical necessity. sleep study was optional. I did the psych eval a couple of weeks ago. Once that was sent to the surgeon his office coordinator sent everything to BCBS. After I get approval from them I get blood work. I guess I will have one more pre-op visit with the doctor? I only have to do a 3 day liquid diet before surgery.

It's funny how different things are for different surgeons and insurance companies.

I am not worried about my insurance requiring less. I am a super information gatherer. I have been researching, reading books, watching YouTube videos and asking questions about WLS for probably 2 years. My hospital has a support group, I went last week and asked the nurse some more specific questions. I'm ready, just need my date!

Good luck to you!

Edited by laceemouse

1.PCP clearance

2.Sleep study

4. Blood work

6. Pre-op tomorrow

7. Liquids Sunday (only one day before surgery.)

8. Surgery Monday 9/19

Mine is less than that. I told my surgeon my PCP was not on board with me needing this and he said she doesn't have to be. HE did the letter of medical necessity. sleep study was optional. I did the psych eval a couple of weeks ago. Once that was sent to the surgeon his office coordinator sent everything to BCBS. After I get approval from them I get blood work. I guess I will have one more pre-op visit with the doctor? I only have to do a 3 day liquid diet before surgery.

It's funny how different things are for different surgeons and insurance companies.

I am not worried about my insurance requiring less. I am a super information gatherer. I have been researching, reading books, watching YouTube videos and asking questions about WLS for probably 2 years. My hospital has a support group, I went last week and asked the nurse some more specific questions. I'm ready, just need my date!

Good luck to you!

I have BCBS of IL, yeah, they didn't call for much and ruled it medically necessary for me. I'm very grateful and I know it's all going to be fine.

So I went to my pcp.

Didn't have to go for sleep study cuz I was low risk for sleep apnea I have 2 more nutrition appointments one October 11th and the last in November. I'm scared for the endoscopy and ultra sound.im scared they will find something that I don't know about

1.PCP clearance

2.Sleep study

4. Blood work

6. Pre-op tomorrow

7. Liquids Sunday (only one day before surgery.)

8. Surgery Monday 9/19

Good luck to you!

I have BCBS of IL, yeah, they didn't call for much and ruled it medically necessary for me. I'm very grateful and I know it's all going to be fine.

I have BCBS Texas. I am just barely BMI 40. I do have mild high blod pressure. My surgeon's surgery coordinator seems to think I will be approved very easily. I hope she is right!

So I already met with my surgeon. Have my abdominal ultrasound on sep 20th have my psyc evaluation on the 20th as well and also my gastro consult on the 20th. I'm going for lab work next week, and already had my first visit with the nutritionist. I'm doing my week food intake as well as taking a 1 a day women Vitamin. I feel like I'm missing things. I have to get a letter from my doctor for medical nessesity and she has to clear me for surgery a few weeks before. Is there basically anything left?

What about getting an endoscopy?

Oh nvm I see you're scheduled lol!

Getting sleeved 9/26/16

Sw:325

Current:308

Goal:170

Edited by mandabaz

I started 6 months ago - insurance requirements

1. 6 Dietician visits

2. 6 Dr/PA visits

3. Cardiologist clearance

4. Stress test & Echo

5. Chest X Ray

6. LOTS of bloodwork

7. Pulmonologist clearance

8. sleep study

9. Surgeon clearance

10. EGD

11. Pre op surgeon

12. 2 weeks liquid diet prior to surgery

I have my last Dr/PA visit. Then insurance approval, surgery schedule, liquid diet...heading towards the end :)

Edited by kitkattulsa

Oh nvm I see you're scheduled lol!

Getting sleeved 9/26/16

Sw:325

Current:308

Goal:170

Oh wow! So soon that's great. I'm starting at 281 and goal weight is 120. Fingers crossed

So I went to my pcp.

Didn't have to go for sleep study cuz I was low risk for sleep apnea I have 2 more nutrition appointments one October 11th and the last in November. I'm scared for the endoscopy and ultra sound.im scared they will find something that I don't know about

I was scared too! So far everything has been fine! I have my pre-op appt with the surgeon Wed and hope this get a date!

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App