Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op and I'm hungry!

I was starving 4 days post op. I was sure my doc screwed my surgery up or I was just a failed case. Today I am 3 months post op and 50lbs down. Just because we weren't one of the lucky ones who didn't experience appetite for months, doesn't mean we won't be successful! I love my sleeve and still love/enjoy food...and still lose weight!!! Maybe we are the lucky ones ;)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That's awesome!! Go girl!! I can't wait to be the that point.

Turtle5559

Hey, I am 6 days out. I haven't been "hungry" but wouldn't mind some crackers. I did switch to primer Protein and it made a world of difference for the taste. I was actually angry I drank the other shakes, what a difference. I am worried I can drink so much- I am waiting and waiting. I get all my Fluid in, I found the Soup made me bloated. So I eat Popsicles and Water. Tomorrow I get a cracker and deli meat. I sound crazy!

I only had to do three days of clears and then i switched to "full" liquids until I was two weeks out. I also drank the Isopure clear drinks - but I could only get half of one down a day. I did broth and was able to do the Unjury chicken Soup based powder on clears - it makes for a nice savory change. But yeah, the Clear Liquids are a struggle to get through and my head definitely played with me regarding cravings and "head hunger". I think you'll feel much better when you can move on to full liquids. But definitely check out taking a PPI - that will help with some of what you may be thinking are hunger pains.

This has been an extremely helpful thread! I am getting sleeved on 09/21 and I'm currently doing the 2 week clear liquid pre-op diet (and struggling a bit!). It's been really helpful reading all the comments here regarding the liquid part afterwards - thanks all :)

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

Hey, I am 6 days out. I haven't been "hungry" but wouldn't mind some crackers. I did switch to primer Protein and it made a world of difference for the taste. I was actually angry I drank the other shakes, what a difference. I am worried I can drink so much- I am waiting and waiting. I get all my Fluid in, I found the Soup made me bloated. So I eat Popsicles and Water. Tomorrow I get a cracker and deli meat. I sound crazy!

Yesterday I made some crystal light and Gatorade popsicles. I can eat them all day long. I wanted different flavors..lol I bought this ice popsicle maker for 3 bucks at my local grocery store. They make 6 about a 1/4 cup each popsicle. Yummy!! I had a good day yesterday. This app really helps!!

Turtle5559

This has been an extremely helpful thread! I am getting sleeved on 09/21 and I'm currently doing the 2 week clear liquid pre-op diet (and struggling a bit!). It's been really helpful reading all the comments here regarding the liquid part afterwards - thanks all :)

I get creative with my broth now. I get the boxed broth of the organic chicken or beef broth. I boil it on low with veggies like carrot, cabbage, celery, green onion and a slice of jalepeno a chunk of garlic with a dash of pepper and celery salt. Strain it and sip!!! It's really yummy. Good luck!!

Turtle5559

Nope, no troll, just life in a world of reality. I don't and never did use Protein shakes, ever and probably never will (hate them). I lost 75 pounds in less than a year (about nine months) and have kept it off. One of the ladies I had surgery with went from 240 to 98 pounds eating what she wanted right from the get go (luckily she's up to 115 now and happy and healthy), she was the one I went to for a lot of my information, we did it together. Almost three years out, and I have never looked back! I'm 110 pounds and started off at 185.5 and 5'2. Our NUT said the night we were discharged from the hospital to go back to the hotel and have some of their Tomato Soup, which I and everyone else I had surgery with did, it was glorious (ordered one bowl and four of us shared it)! Had Surgery on a Monday and this was on a Wednesday night, Thursday our NUT took us to a little place in Tijuana for ice cream, mine was chocolate, it was the best ice cream I had ever had.

Nope, no troll, just life in a world of reality. I don't and never did use Protein shakes, ever and probably never will (hate them). I lost 75 pounds in less than a year (about nine months) and have kept it off. One of the ladies I had surgery with went from 240 to 98 pounds eating what she wanted right from the get go (luckily she's up to 115 now and happy and healthy), she was the one I went to for a lot of my information, we did it together. Almost three years out, and I have never looked back! I'm 110 pounds and started off at 185.5 and 5'2. Our NUT said the night we were discharged from the hospital to go back to the hotel and have some of their Tomato Soup, which I and everyone else I had surgery with did, it was glorious (ordered one bowl and four of us shared it)! Had Surgery on a Monday and this was on a Wednesday night, Thursday our NUT took us to a little place in Tijuana for ice cream, mine was chocolate, it was the best ice cream I had ever had.

That's funny that you said they took you for ice cream. Day two for me the nurse brought me a Lala light yogurt. I said are you sure, I can have this? My paper work says I can't have yogurt for till week 2. My surgery was also in Tiajuna???? Congratulations on your success!!

Turtle5559

I think different countries have very different nutrition plans post-op. I know the plans in Europe are very different to here in the USA and it sounds like Mexico is quite different also. The nutrition plans can vary so much between surgeons!

I think it's quite confusing & confronting when someone has had one plan drilled into them to hear of another plan which basically contradicts what we have learnt.

Different doesn't necessarily mean better or worse, I think it's actually really useful to hear of all the different nutrition plans, especially if something on our plan is really not working for us.

Knowledge is power :)

I found things so different even in the same country and same doctor. I had to do a two week pre-op, a friend I sent down to the same surgeon had to do a three day pre-op diet. I'm sending another friend down to Tijuana, she's yet to get any instructions, but it will be interesting to see what she's told (by a different doctor).

There's several of us that had surgery in Tijuana that have all stayed in contact, and collectively we all did what was best for us. Our bodies told us what we could and couldn't do, I don't believe in suffering, and I never had a single issue or problem. Good luck to all!

In the UK we are permitted puréed food from day 1 post-op. Tiny amounts obviously. There seem to be no hard and fast rules. I am 5 weeks out and back to eating virtually normally. Just way way smaller portions. And 35lbs down.