Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think the scale is going to be the death of me!

So I joined the loser's club on July 26th 2016, my weight going in was 428 since after surgery I was losing a pound (sometimes more) a day...well that was up until probably 4-5 days ago...I lost so far 53pounds (down to 375#) ...I know, this isn't bad for 42 days but it seems that I haven't lost in the past several days...normal?? normal Protein intake is 80 grams a day and Fluid intake is good sugar is very little if any..I'm just not sure where I'm going wrong but I'm about to just go back to basics and stay in Protein shakes only...it's really discouraging that's all I know :( thanks in advance for any replies.

J

Edited by bgjon5

You're not doing anything wrong. A body simply needs to adjust sometimes. When the scale doesn't move- at this point in your journey- for 2 weeks, THEN I'd say there may be an issue- a stall, if you will.

For now, keep on keeping on. Your body knows what it is supposed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Don't weigh yourself so often. It'll make you nuts.

look up "three week stall". It happens to almost everyone, and it's not always at the three week mark. But sometime within the first month or two, almost everybody has a major stall. Mine lasted two weeks. Just stick to your program - it'll break. After mine ended, I dropped like 6 or 8 lbs just in a couple of days.

You're going to have a lot these ups and downs along the way, and long stretches where you lose nothing at all. It's perfectly normal. As long as you're doing your part don't sweat it. If it becomes too much of a metal block try weighing yourself less often. Good luck!

Thanks all for the replies and encouragement, I'll check the Embrace the stall topic out, I thought maybe I was too soon out to have stalled already but I guess not...and yea I'll stay off the scale imma throw it if I don't :P

Enjoy the stall to learn to stay the course and give your body to adapt

I have had 2 since May and last one lasted 3 weeks, but I continued to get stronger and healthier with my diet

So I joined the loser's club on July 26th 2016, my weight going in was 428 since after surgery I was losing a pound (sometimes more) a day...well that was up until probably 4-5 days ago...I lost so far 53pounds (down to 375#) ...I know, this isn't bad for 42 days but it seems that I haven't lost in the past several days...normal?? normal Protein intake is 80 grams a day and Fluid intake is good sugar is very little if any..I'm just not sure where I'm going wrong but I'm about to just go back to basics and stay in Protein shakes only...it's really discouraging that's all I know :( thanks in advance for any replies.

J

bgjon - I was the day after you. My Protein and Fluid intakes, like yours are right where they should be. I started just a few pounds below you at 425 and have lost 41 pounds. But guess what ? I'm in a stall too. Actually gained a 1/4 pound since last Thursday. Like you the scale mocks me !!!! But all the comments on here make sense.

Update us when you break the stall and I'll do the same !!!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had my surgery on 16th July 2016 and went into a stall a couple of weeks ago. I found I was obsessing so much about it I had to do something radical. So I stopped stepping on the scale, I stopped obsessively counting everything I put in my mouth and scouring the internet for stall busting ideas. Instead I decided to focus on living instead of losing weight.

I haven't stepped on the scales in 11 days so I have no idea what they say now. I do know I am happier and more relaxed, and that my clothes seem to have gotten much looser over these last 2 weeks - so I would say that is a win regardless of what the scales might or might not say.

I have decided not to step on the scales until my next surgeon's appointment just to make sure I don't go back to obsessing. There are far better things to focus my time and attention on than what the scales say.

That's exactly what I went through. Obsessing, worrying, etc. I finally picked up the scale and put it into a cupboard and just started living "normally". I feel much more relaxed. I have my 9 month checkup in a couple of weeks. I'll just weigh at the doctors office

I had my surgery July 26, 2016. I'm 6-7 weeks out. I've been at 210 for the last few days. I started at 260. I still can't get in all my Protein and Water, no matter how hard I try. I'm nauseous mostly in the evening especially when I'm at work.

I had my surgery July 26, 2016. I'm 6-7 weeks out. I've been at 210 for the last few days. I started at 260. I still can't get in all my Protein and Water, no matter how hard I try. I'm nauseous mostly in the evening especially when I'm at work.

We were sleeved a day apart, I was July 25th. That's my problem, I either get all my Protein and not my fluids or visa versa...frustrating sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I'm down approximately 30lbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App