Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone !!!

I know its ultimately my doctors orders and advice .. But I also want to get some insight also ... How soon any of you were able to do a full workout in the gym or anywhere (dance class, zumba, kickboxing, etc.) ?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

duplicate/////////

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Edited by trekker954

I was only cleared for walking until 6-8 weeks. Due to the heat I went to the gym to walk, nice and easy on the treadmill. I tried the bike to exercise my knee which was stiff. Big mistake as my tummy started hurting bu an incision

As I was being discharged on Wednesday, all this was discussed in detail. My team said it was ok for me to "glisten" but no pouring down sweat before my 2 week post-op appointment. Do what feels comfortable. I'm planning on going to the gym tomorrow and spending about an hour on the recumbent bike (my cardio of choice - I have bad knees) and maybe do a little work with hand weights. After my 2 week post-op, if all is well, I'm cleared for whatever I feel up to. Every team is different on this issue. But I trust my team- my doc has been doing this for 20 years and is a department chair at a university hospital in a large metropolitan city - so I think he has the track record to back it up.

For what it's worth - it also depends on how well you are getting in and keeping down fluids. I'm not really having a problem with fluids. Yesterday I got in 48 ounces of liquid and 40 grams of Protein on my first full day home post op.

I am 9 days post op and all the exercise I can do is walking. That is what my team recommends for the first month. Once, I get cleared by the surgeon I can do more. Since I am home for a month I am walking every hour during my waking hours. Every other day I push further my walking. I think I am up to a 1/2 mile now. Want to be a mile by my post op visit.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was cleared at 2 weeks to do whatever I want (just this week). I have a spin bike at home but I am not killing it. Just 30 mins of a light sweat. Also trying to get 10K steps in a day.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App