Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good outcome of bad choice

My final pcp and clearance appointment is tomorrow so anxiety is high. When my anxiety is high I bake. I am working on not doingthat, but today I failed. I made my aaaaahhhmazing double chocolate fudge brownies. I did take 3 small bites of batter. I baked it. When it was done, I cut a piece. I took a bite then realized I didn't really want it. I just was looking for the comfort. Then I proceeded to dump the whole pan of brownies down the disposal. I felt bad for wasting food but that junk food is not good for any of us in this house. So a small victory over a bad choice

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

So, I had a long hard conversation with myself over the concept of "wasting" foood one afternoon after fussing at my kid for not eating over half her lunnch.

If you eat it, it's gone.

If you toss it, it's gone.

Either way, it's gone.

If you don't NEED it, don't eat it. If you don't want it, don't eat it. I got FAT because I NEVER "wasted" food. I would shove in the last few bites no matter how stuffed I was. I would eat the leftovers even if I wasn't hungry before I'd throw them out. I'd finish the last chicken nugget from the kids' lunch even if I'd already eaten. A cold fry in the bottom of the bag? Not wasting that hard chewy morsel of fat.

Both my kids are slender and healthy. Why? If they don't want food, they simply don't eat it. Even if it means *gasp* wasting it. Hmmm... Interesting concept.

By not wasting food, I wasted 20 years of my life being 80-120 pounds overweight. I wasted a lot of knee cartilage. I wasted a lot of trips to the dunes and the amusement parks and the mountains because it was a tough walk. I wasted opportunities to ride horses and jump out of planes because I didn't want to tell people my weight.

Yeah. Waste the dang brownies. Your victory was SO much better.

So, I had a long hard conversation with myself over the concept of "wasting" foood one afternoon after fussing at my kid for not eating over half her lunnch.

If you eat it, it's gone.

If you toss it, it's gone.

Either way, it's gone.

If you don't NEED it, don't eat it. If you don't want it, don't eat it. I got FAT because I NEVER "wasted" food. I would shove in the last few bites no matter how stuffed I was. I would eat the leftovers even if I wasn't hungry before I'd throw them out. I'd finish the last chicken nugget from the kids' lunch even if I'd already eaten. A cold fry in the bottom of the bag? Not wasting that hard chewy morsel of fat.

Both my kids are slender and healthy. Why? If they don't want food, they simply don't eat it. Even if it means *gasp* wasting it. Hmmm... Interesting concept.

By not wasting food, I wasted 20 years of my life being 80-120 pounds overweight. I wasted a lot of knee cartilage. I wasted a lot of trips to the dunes and the amusement parks and the mountains because it was a tough walk. I wasted opportunities to ride horses and jump out of planes because I didn't want to tell people my weight.

Yeah. Waste the dang brownies. Your victory was SO much better.

Thank you! I'm just glad I didn't keep it. Like you I've spent decades leaving a clean plate. My kids are petite because they stop when full and I never pushed them to finish. It was just conditioned in me to leave a clean plate. However these past 6 months I leave food behind and not take doggy bags. ????

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

It's all about finding your stride.

Doing what works for you.

I find that I really enjoy the grilling and cooking for the family......yet I simply select among the stuff I make for weight loss friendly options for my own eats.

For example....my tribe loves spaghetti and meatballs. I'll make it, but just eat the meatballs myself.....leaving the Pasta, bread and Desserts for them.

I find that I really enjoy the grilling and cooking for the family......yet I simply select among the stuff I make for weight loss friendly options for my own eats.

For example....my tribe loves spaghetti and meatballs. I'll make it, but just eat the meatballs myself.....leaving the Pasta, bread and Desserts for them.

Have you tried mozzarella stuffed meatballs? To die for!

For example....my tribe loves spaghetti and meatballs. I'll make it, but just eat the meatballs myself.....leaving the Pasta, bread and desserts for them.

Have you tried mozzarella stuffed meatballs? To die for!

Nope......but now I'm jonesing for them, lol.

My best.......very best......are the meatballs I make and smoke on the grill with a foil packet of fresh herbs tossed directly on top of the coals. The fragrant smoke permeates the meatballs and the result is a unique and tasty flavor that is excellent. I'll usually make a large batch and use some in Pasta and then some the next day in homemade pizza on the grill.

You have my interest stirred up yet again......this time for meatballs. Hmmmnnnn. Gonna research some recipes for these.....

It's so super simple. Make your meatballs as usual, but after you roll them, poke your finger into the middle creating a hole. Stuff the hole with the cheeese of your choice and reseal the meatball.

Cook it however you want at that point!

When I'm in a hurry, I just cut up a few string cheeses and use those.

My best creation was halving button mushrooms, seasoning them up a little and stuffing them in the hole with the cheeese. The juices from the meeat made the mushroom so good. And the cheeese...

Hmmm... Dinnner tonight maybe?

It's so super simple. Make your meatballs as usual, but after you roll them, poke your finger into the middle creating a hole. Stuff the hole with the cheeese of your choice and reseal the meatball.

Cook it however you want at that point!

When I'm in a hurry, I just cut up a few string cheeses and use those.

My best creation was halving button mushrooms, seasoning them up a little and stuffing them in the hole with the cheeese. The juices from the meeat made the mushroom so good. And the cheeese...

Hmmm... Dinnner tonight maybe?

Damnrite, girl.......dis gonna happen on this day.

Sun is shining.....I'm off work. I have charcoal and an urge to throw something on the coals.

You wicked temptress.

Gonna work out and hit the grocery store afterwards and fire up the coals.

You do add a little hot sausage to your balls, don't you? ;)

Damnrite.

It's how I roll.

Rest assured there will be sausage a'plenty.