Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had the surgery a year ago and have been very successful. I went from 400 to 185. However a week ago I got sick and couldn't exercise for the week and now I'm at 195lbs. I worried I'm going to gain more weight. Is this normal if you don't work out everyday? Is something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by BobbyMacNCheese

I know how depressing this is. My heaviest was 215. I lost 30 pounds and then gained back 15. I felt hopeless as I have had this yo yo syndrome for most of my life. I then start the negative tape: I am hopeless, I can not do this, if I were just better, stronger, more motivated, etc. We all know the drill here. This was when I decided to do surgery. So far I am doing better, have lost more than the 15 re-lost pounds. I feel that I am committed but - well, it is a fear. I am beginning with solid food and am trying to get that down. I don't want to stretch my stomach back to what it was. I think if I were you I would go back to the "re-set" where you are doing Clear liquids only, and then you start adding back solids. One good thing is that I have learned that it is easier to lose the pounds the sooner you address it, and stop putting roadblocks in your path. My daughter told me to remember that it is like feeding a baby inside of you.

So I had the surgery a year ago and have been very successful. I went from 400 to 185. However a week ago I got sick and couldn't exercise for the week and now I'm at 195lbs. I worried I'm going to gain more weight. Is this normal if you don't work out everyday? Is something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I doubt seriously you ate enough to gain that amount of weight in one week.

It could be Water retention, Constipation, or something else.

Not knowing what your illness is, if you are concerned, you may want to run this by your doctor.

I was jesting with you. You see negativity.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Uh huh... you are negative and being a troll. We all know people who say ugly things and then add "just kidding", usually called worse things than troll.

HW 341 lbs

07/19/16 - 298 lbs

08/09/16 DOS - 286 lbs

CW 269 lbs

Is this normal if you don't work out everyday? Is something wrong?

@@BobbyMacNCheese

no expert here

don't think it's possible to gain 10 lbs in one week just because you haven't exercised

hopefully you are feeling better

get back to your normal routine of Water, Protein - exercise etc

things will "probably" turn around for the good sooner than later!!!

don't worry tooo much

it causes wrinkles!!! :o

as @InnerSurferGirl said ..,.,,... (she is one of our registered smarties !!!!! - (seriously) "

"Not knowing what your illness is, if you are concerned, you may want to run this by your doctor."

btw - 400 to 185 (195) is amazing

that's terrific

kudos

take care

good luck

kathy

You have not gone number 2 in a week and you are wondering why you have gained 5 pounds! ... its 5 pounds of poop! .. try taking a stool softener to get that stuff out of your tummy.... I'm sure once you do, those 5 pounds will be gone.

What kind of sick? And did you take meds? You could be Retaining Fluid due to dehydration...and some meds will make it worse.

Make sure you get fluids into yourself and stay on track with your diet. I am sure it will come back off

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App