Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to Tijuana Mexico on Sept. 2 for my VSG!

Hi everyone I'm new here???? My CW is 198 BMI 36 and i'm 5'2. Goal weight 135. I will be starting my pre op diet Monday!!

I'm super excited for this new chapter in my life. I chose Tijuana Mexico as a cash paying customer, thanks to a referral from a friend. She saw Dr. alejandro lopez 2 years ago and says she would do it again in a heart beat.

If any has some advice for me please share.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

@@turtle5569

If you will be at florence Hospital, I encourage you to learn as much Spanish as possible between now and then. You may or may not have English-speaking nurses.

Thanks! Yes I have tbought about that. The facility is called Vida Wellness Center. I know a little and my husband is fluent. He will hopefully be by my side most of the time. They are even allowing him in the recovery room overnight with me.

Thanks! Yes I have thought about that. The facility is called Vida Wellness Center. I know a little and my husband is fluent. He will hopefully be by my side most of the time. They are even allowing him in the recovery room overnight with me.

Best wishes to you! I had surgery in Tijuana last August with Dr. Garcia and had a surprisingly pleasant time in the city, and a mostly positive experience at the clinic (CER, and the only negative for me was that at the time it was under construction and noisy). Some of the nurses treating me did not speak English, but the doctor overseeing them as well as my surgeon and the anesthesiologist were all fluent, and attentive. I speak Spanish decently when I'm fully coherent, but forgot a lot of it while groggy post-op. Still, I didn't feel like communication was a problem since they would get the doctor for me if they didn't understand what I was asking. My parents were my support team since my husband was working, and they also were treated very well and got along fine despite not speaking a word of Spanish. They stayed at the Marriott, and were shuttled to and from there to CER every morning and evening for free. The hotel was a bit dated, but the staff was sweet and eager to please. If you're staying there I think you'll be comfortable.

I had considered Dr. Lopez and Vida, and feel like I would have been in safe hands with him and that facility as well. A coordinator I'd consulted with had described Vida as being like "Beverly Hills in Tijuana", and the reviews I read of it mostly came from pleased patients. I live in LA and have to say that CER was actually nicer than some of the facilities in BH, and from the outside Vida also looked newer and more upscale that most here.

I think you have a very attainable goal, and that you'll likely reach it within a year like I did. I'm glad for you that you're super excited, because you should be!

Hi everyone I'm new here???? My CW is 198 BMI 36 and i'm 5'2. Goal weight 135. I will be starting my pre op diet Monday!!

I'm super excited for this new chapter in my life. I chose Tijuana Mexico as a cash paying customer, thanks to a referral from a friend. She saw Dr. alejandro lopez 2 years ago and says she would do it again in a heart beat.

I have to start my pre op diet next week also. What are you having during yours? Water, broth, Jello, popcycles, Soup, anything else i forgot

Yes Vida is a super nice facility and the coordinator said most of the nurses are bilingual. The price included 1 guest to stay with me at Vida. Which is perfect since I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck. If I decide to bring more supporters they would stay at the Marriott. Congratulations on your success!! liquid diet starts Monday for me!!

I have to start my pre op diet next week also. What are you having during yours? Water, broth, Jello, popcycles, Soup, anything else i forgot

Water, Water, Water!!! I will be having a protien shake (isopure) for Breakfast and lunch for dinner, a salad with a low fat dressing with chicken or fish. My plan says I can have all the raw or cooked veggies I want. If needed I can have a 3rd shake in the evening. I'm sure I will have Jello & popsicles too. I hear this is going to be the hardest part, but will be so worth it!