Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm literally wanting food and I'm only 5 days out, is this normal?! I'm not craving bad stuff just like a boiled egg, mashed potato but more than anything a chicken noodle Soup from pho. Am I able to have any one that or I need to wait till my 2 week follow up with my dr?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You need to follow the plan that your team gave you. If you want to eat off plan, call them up and ask for advice/permission.

I was starving every day the first 2 weeks post op. It gets better when you get to pureed. Hang in there! Stick to your dr's plan. My plan might not be the same as yours, but I wasn't allowed pureed food until day 15. I drank Water, chicken broth, watered down Tomato Soup, Protein shakes, ate SF Jello & SF popsicles to quiet my hunger.

4 days out and not hungry at all. I have a very bitter taste in my mouth, trying to get past this, but can't stand Water without flavoring, Too bitter, anyone else have this?

Definitely stick to the plan your surgeon gave you and call if you want to deviate from that early. It is definitely normal to be hungry post-op. First of all, many of us experience an increase stomach acid, which a lot of us associate with hunger (rumbling stomach). Second of all, you are literally starving! Third of all, even if you aren't craving bad things, you are probably still experiencing head hunger. Your brain doesn't understand that your stomach isn't physically capable of digesting solid foods right now.

I am 2 weeks out and not hungry but smells of food are kind of making me want food. Plain Water does the same thing to me, can't stand it. Also since the surgery seems like my taste buds got even more picky than before. I can't stomach the Protein shakes and the whey unflavored powder tastes horrible (it does have a flavor) It has become a chore to try to get in 60-80 grams of Protein a day now cause I cannot stand practically everything protein comes in.. Very frustrating. I found that I like Fair life milk but it makes me nauseous. I am hoping that I will like the shakes again cause they have a lot of protein but right now just thinking of drinking one is making me queasy. Any suggestions on protein besides Trusource, shakes etc??

I am 2 weeks out and not hungry but smells of food are kind of making me want food. Plain Water does the same thing to me, can't stand it. Also since the surgery seems like my taste buds got even more picky than before. I can't stomach the Protein shakes and the whey unflavored powder tastes horrible (it does have a flavor) It has become a chore to try to get in 60-80 grams of Protein a day now cause I cannot stand practically everything protein comes in.. Very frustrating. I found that I like Fair life milk but it makes me nauseous. I am hoping that I will like the shakes again cause they have a lot of protein but right now just thinking of drinking one is making me queasy. Any suggestions on protein besides Trusource, shakes etc??

Syntrax Nectars are nice, I like all the fruit flavors and they're quite high protein. You should be able to drink clear broth as well, doesn't your program allow that on Clear liquids? You can add protein to it...I use GENEPRO unflavored protein and I can't detect it once I mix it into a beverage or food...what brand are you using?

Another thing to consider is that maybe you're sensitive to the sweetener in your Protein Shakes? I hate both aspertame (not in a lot of protein) and sucralose (in virtually every flavored protein), so I switched to GENEPRO and use either stevia or Monkfruit liquid to sweeten things.

I had beef broth today and it was the best thing ever. Filled me up so quickly. I'm taking the premier Proteins which seem super sweet to me right now. I can't take down plain Water, my taste buds are so different. Can't wait to be cleared and eat real food.

Are you allowed pudding, Jello, or yogurt? Thankfully they were included in my full liquid meal plan.

Syntrax Nectars are nice, I like all the fruit flavors and they're quite high protein. You should be able to drink clear broth as well, doesn't your program allow that on Clear liquids? You can add protein to it...I use GENEPRO unflavored protein and I can't detect it once I mix it into a beverage or food...what brand are you using?

Another thing to consider is that maybe you're sensitive to the sweetener in your Protein Shakes? I hate both aspertame (not in a lot of protein) and sucralose (in virtually every flavored protein), so I switched to GENEPRO and use either stevia or Monkfruit liquid to sweeten things.

Thank you so much, ordered the Genepro (one tbsp. per 30 g is way better). Yes I think its the sweeteners also. I can handle Propel Water so at least I am getting my 64 oz fluids (well do my best) but the protein is a challenge now which is so frustrating (also going broke buying all this stuff lol) I cant wait to the soft food stage so that I can eat eggs and other kinds of high protein stuff.

Syntrax Nectars are nice, I like all the fruit flavors and they're quite high protein. You should be able to drink clear broth as well, doesn't your program allow that on Clear Liquids? You can add protein to it...I use GENEPRO unflavored protein and I can't detect it once I mix it into a beverage or food...what brand are you using?

Thank you so much, ordered the Genepro (one tbsp. per 30 g is way better). Yes I think its the sweeteners also. I can handle Propel Water so at least I am getting my 64 oz fluids (well do my best) but the protein is a challenge now which is so frustrating (also going broke buying all this stuff lol) I cant wait to the soft food stage so that I can eat eggs and other kinds of high protein stuff.

I hear you about going broke...my support group loves me because for weeks I showed up with a failed Protein Powder to give away each meeting. After I switched to Genepro, no more giveaways and no more spending $30 on something that tastes awful :)

And good for you for getting close to your 64oz so early...I'm still struggling to get it all in daily.

I'm literally wanting food and I'm only 5 days out, is this normal?! I'm not craving bad stuff just like a boiled egg, mashed potato but more than anything a chicken noodle Soup from pho. Am I able to have any one that or I need to wait till my 2 week follow up with my dr?

Since you are 5 days out, are you still in clear liquids? If so, you could probably have the chicken noodle Soup of you strained out the chicken and noodles and just drank the broth.

What does your post-op food plan specify for this stage?