Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having the sleeve sept 12th 2016...I'm so scared thinking it won't work. I haven't been able to loose weight in about a year, i think because of menopause. I'm 52 and on the surgery date I'll be 53! They told me to lose 10 lbs b4 the surgery which i haven't done. The diet they have me is for people with a bmi between 37 and 47. Its food and i wish i was on a liquid diet. I'm approximately 100lbs overweight. need encouragement I guess ty♡♡♡

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

I'm having the sleeve sept 12th 2016...I'm so scared thinking it won't work. I haven't been able to loose weight in about a year, i think because of menopause. I'm 52 and on the surgery date I'll be 53! They told me to lose 10 lbs b4 the surgery which i haven't done. The diet they have me is for people with a bmi between 37 and 47. Its food and i wish i was on a liquid diet. I'm approximately 100lbs overweight. need encouragement I guess ty♡♡♡

If you need a strict liquid diet to be successful at losing - then you can certainly do that. If you don't lose the 10lbs they could postpone surgery so it's important to start some form of diet soon. Good luck.

I think we all have this fear pre-op. I know for me, my metabolism pre-op was so wrecked that losing weight by "dieting" was practically impossible. It was a struggle just not to gain.

What I have learned is that everything I was taught about conventional dieting was wrong.

Pre-op dieting was all about minimizing calories and maximizing bulk and volume.

Post-op, it is about maximizing nutrition and minimizing volume.

Pre-op, consider weaning yourself off of soda pop (even diet soda can make you retain weight) and caffeine. Just doing that and drinking enough Water may be all you need to do to lose a few pounds. Aim for drinking AT LEAST 64 oz Water a day.

Focus on eating high Protein low carb. Avoid starches (rice, Pasta, bread, potatoes, corn, etc), added sugars (especially high fructose corn syrup), and fried foods. If you are hungry then add extra cruciferous and other non-starchy vegetables and Protein.< /p>

Start tracking your food so you know what you are doing and not guessing.

If you follow your program, you will lose weight with WLS. I know it is hard to believe now, but it does work.

Ty i haven't had pop in years or fast food... i always drink Water, i just can't get the protien in i don't really like meat. I think I'll try eggs ughhh

And on the diet they gave me it says eat 3-4 servings of starchy carbs rice,bread, bagel, pretzels

I thought that was strange. Oh well i guess i better write down what I'm eating is obviously I'm not tracking it right

My program didn't have me go on a pre op diet. But my personal goal was to lose 10 lbs before I had the surgery and I did it! i too was 100 lbs overweight. The key to me losing beforehand was tracking. I got the myfitness pal app and tracked religiously. This helped me get in the habit for my post op life. I also got a fitbit to track my steps and tried to walk alot as well as added zumba. I am so glad that I did this beforehand because it has helped me immensely in my post op life. I hope that helps a little bit. I viewed my pre op weeks as starting to rewire my thinking and change my habits.

Just focus on finding sources that are high in Protein that you enjoy. I would definitely research vegetarian wls recipes if you dont like meat.

Im only 6 weeks out, and this really is a journey with ups and downs. But it's worth it so far for me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I felt the same. But you will lose weight my pre op diet was similar to Atkins but without all the cream and fats. I was told it was to shrink liver for a safer surgery. If in doubt see your dietician. Good luck

My pre-op diet was one Protein Shake for Breakfast, one Protein shake for lunch, and one small low carb meal for dinner, under 400 calories (no dairy or caffeine). I would have broth or sugar free jello/popsicles as Snacks. I lost 14 pounds that week. I found that pre-op diet to be much easier than what some people have to do! Find something that works for you. Good luck!

You got this???? I am 55, been through menopause, had my thyroid removed, and I was sleeved June 30th and I've lost 35 lbs. The pre-diet is for shrinking your liver, and limiting complications. Your real weight comes off after the second week from surgery. Your bloated and swollen from IV fluids and inflammation. You will see it fall off of you. Today I went shopping and was able to fit into a Large shirt. I was a 2X before surgery. I weighed 235 pre-surg. Now 200 Celebration soon to come when in the 1's!!!! Your gonna do great!!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had it done on the 27th July. Same age as you don't worry. Try and eat nourishing Soups or four ready made slim fast shakes for at least a week prior to your op it shrinks your liver. Making the op easier as they have to lift it out of the way during surgery. It also prepares you mentally for being post op. The weight will come off naturally, believe me it works. xox