Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay. 10 days post op. I am allowed eggs, cheese, refried Beans, mashed potatoes etc. I haven't felt restriction. Yes, I've burped and stopped eating after that in fear of "too much". I have been able to eat 1-2 eggs at a time, a whole sugar free pudding cup at another time, etc. no tightness. No restriction. I'm stopping ahead of myself. I can gulp liquids with zero issues.

Is this normal? I figured I would feel "so full". Hmm. And nothing is irritating me. I have been eating fine. Everything goes down fine.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Okay. 10 days post op. I am allowed eggs, cheese, refried Beans, mashed potatoes etc. I haven't felt restriction. Yes, I've burped and stopped eating after that in fear of "too much". I have been able to eat 1-2 eggs at a time, a whole sugar free pudding cup at another time, etc. no tightness. No restriction. I'm stopping ahead of myself. I can gulp liquids with zero issues.

Is this normal? I figured I would feel "so full". Hmm. And nothing is irritating me. I have been eating fine. Everything goes down fine.

You should be eating the amount recommended by surgeon or nutritionist. You don't want to feel full. Many of those foods are sliders. Be careful.

You should be eating the amount recommended by surgeon or nutritionist. You don't want to feel full. Many of those foods are sliders. Be careful.

I just thought my body would signal more. I don't know. Same goes with Protein shakes. No feeling of fullness. I have stuck mainly to eggs and cheese and Protein Shakes. Bc I know those hold more nutritional value and more Protein than pudding or potatoes. He didn't give me a specific ounce per meal nor a calorie goal. He did give me protein goals and Fluid goals, obviously.

I just thought my body would signal more. I don't know. Same goes with Protein shakes. No feeling of fullness. I have stuck mainly to eggs and cheese and Protein Shakes. Bc I know those hold more nutritional value and more Protein than pudding or potatoes. He didn't give me a specific ounce per meal nor a calorie goal. He did give me protein goals and Fluid goals, obviously.

Your body won't send full signals until its too late. Protein shakes, yogurt, pudding are all foods that go quickly through your sleeve so you can usually eat more. My plan says 1-2 Oz's every 3 hours (eat over 20 mins or less). I don't know if that's the same as yours. That's only for food - not liquids. I would just be concerned of overeating and getting sick. You can really hurt yourself this early out.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

Your body won't send full signals until its too late. Protein shakes, yogurt, pudding are all foods that go quickly through your sleeve so you can usually eat more. My plan says 1-2 Oz's every 3 hours (eat over 20 mins or less). I don't know if that's the same as yours. That's only for food - not liquids. I would just be concerned of overeating and getting sick. You can really hurt yourself this early out.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App[/quote

I'm really trying to be cautious of stopping ahead because of my body not sending any signals. I have eaten quickly which I've had to pay close attention to. And drinking too closely after I eat, ugh! It's a process. Thank you ma'am!!

Do you have a post op coming up soon? Talk to your doctor.

I had a very hard time getting things down the first couple of days. I think my stomach was swollen from the surgery. Then I had to drink small sips of liquids, but now, two weeks out, I can drink the liquids fairly steadily, a few sips at a time.

I can only have greek yogurt besides the shakes and liquids and I do feel a fullness with those. Sometimes two bites in and I have to stop and sit more upright for a couple minutes before proceeding. I'm usually able to finish a 5.3 oz yogurt cup in one sitting though.

The doctor told me that liquids (and he included yogurt as a liquid) should be able to pass on through the sleeve fairly easily, so as you put more in, some comes out. I've also heard that once you start a bit more solid, chewable food, that's when you notice the difference.

Congrats on the weight loss. That's awesome. How much was post op and how much was pre op?

Do you have a post op coming up soon? Talk to your doctor.

I had a very hard time getting things down the first couple of days. I think my stomach was swollen from the surgery. Then I had to drink small sips of liquids, but now, two weeks out, I can drink the liquids fairly steadily, a few sips at a time.

I can only have greek yogurt besides the shakes and liquids and I do feel a fullness with those. Sometimes two bites in and I have to stop and sit more upright for a couple minutes before proceeding. I'm usually able to finish a 5.3 oz yogurt cup in one sitting though.

The doctor told me that liquids (and he included yogurt as a liquid) should be able to pass on through the sleeve fairly easily, so as you put more in, some comes out. I've also heard that once you start a bit more solid, chewable food, that's when you notice the difference.

Congrats on the weight loss. That's awesome. How much was post op and how much was pre op?

I had my one week post op already. I was just drinking broth and clear fluids at that point. Then he gave me the go ahead for mushy/ puréed foods.

I lost about 10lbs pre op and 22 since 8/2. So I guess 32lbs total.

I'm just confused. I haven't had any signals other than burping. Hmm. Maybe it is what it is. I expected far more.

When I ate mashed potatoes, I had more of a "stop while you're ahead" feeling but nothing crazy.

My next appt is 09/12.

My food schedule is

1st week: Clear Liquids

2nd week: mushy foods

4th week: I can introduce moist meat and steamed fruits and veggies

5th week: steak, sashimi, brown rice if desired etc.

@@madisunshine1

At 10 days post op, you're still healing. When they cut out your stomach, nerves were cut along with it. Because of that, you may not be feeling the "full" signal quite yet. Wait until you heal up a bit more, and you'll begin to feel the restriction. In the mean time, try to measure your food so you don't inadvertently overeat and make yourself miserable.

Wow 1-2 eggs sugar free pudding and Protein Shakes but staying at 300 calories? What shakes are you eating ?