Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I so wish we had these "cheese it" thingies here in Australia... this is the 2nd thread that ive seen about those things... they must be awesome..... because it seems that the topic always triggers a debate lol

I wanna try them! lol

Maybe someone would be kind enough to send me a box lol

I can get you a recipe to make some?

Oooooh chile... sips tea (unsweetened of course) I don't think anyone was DEFENDING Cheez-its, I guess some people feel like its not that deep. She just asked a question and the wrath of God was bestowed on her by some or at least I thought so. I should know because I myself have passed judgement ONCE about a woman and her bacon 3 days post op. I soooo regret that because none of us are perfect and it is a support forum not a nail em to the cross forum.

We come here to discuss things with a community of people with similar interests because these folks have been through it and we often share our experiences and opinions as I'm sure you already know. I don't know very many people in the real world (in my life) that have had WLS so some of us are quite new to this and are looking to discuss our questions and concerns with those who've gone through it. We're not looking to be coddle anyone but people don't want to feel condemned either.

As a NEWBIE, I find this site very helpful. There are some discussions that I don't agree with and some members that rub me the wrong way but I just move on...

Another newbie here, too. In the overall scheme of things we are all newbies, no ???

Your post made me laugh. Ooooohhhhhhh chile. Grinning hugely at that. Good stuff.

You are right.

No judging.....just a knee-jerk reaction to cheezits. It reminds me of when I quit smoking.......and my wife started smoking two days later.....wut ? Are ya shittin' me, woman ?????? True story. Bish tortured me that way.

Opening up a box of Cheezits would be just like that for me......torture.

OP may have much stronger resolve. I'm a weak mofo.

you are the best @@Dub you make me laugh so often. I love people who make me laugh.

WHOLE FOODS

PROCESSED FOODS

Red Light / Green Light.

This is the most simplistic way I think about how I should be eating post-op. It has helped me tremendously....no calorie counting....no reading ingredient labels....no carb counting.....in fact the only thing I count is Protein.

Surgery in April, over 90 lbs lost so far....it's working for me, it's simple really, I have more energy than I've had in over 10 years, I enjoy it, and I feel good about myself as well as the fact that I'm teaching my children how to make better food choices as well.

My 13 year old son now points things out to me as "being processed" which might just be a better feeling than looking at the scale and seeing a lower number ;)

I have never had a cheez-it in my life. Do they taste like cheetos?

I eat Cheez-its sometimes. I eat goldfish crackers everyday. I also remember that shortly after surgery crackers that had too much flavor (which is usually higher fat content) made me super sick. In theory, if you can eat saltines you're fine eating Cheez-its, but they are more likely to make you sick than boring, bland saltines.

I love you for this! I love goldfish! I'm so excited to learn that I'll be able to eat them in the future! :D I seriously have the appetite of a 4-year-old, lmao!

You'll be able to have whatever you want one day. Anything at all.

It's all about getting through the weight loss phases and leveling off at maintenance living.

Eat wisely and closely monitor your weight. Have a normal way of eating that supports a healthy weight and a gameplan for swift corrective action that keeps you there. At a loved one's birthday party and want some cake?........sure. Eat cake everyday?.........I don't think so....not unless one can carve out the time to offset it with heaps of cardio or other.....

That's great! Before I became obese, I was always ranging from 120-145 pounds. I would always eat small portions of food. But then my allergies got really bad. And when I say bad, I mean I could not smell or breathe out of my nose. So, they put me on a DexPak (dexamethasone) which is an oral steroid. I gained 50 pounds in less than 3 months and I couldn't believe it. Since I ate so much while on steroids, my stomach stretched. When the stomach stretched, it never goes bad to normal. So even after I got off the steroids, I still ate so much in order to fill the empty space that was caused by overeating in the first place (which made me gain another 50 pounds). I feel like this surgery is letting me start over on a clean slate. Now I can go back to eating my "snacks" at small portions and exercise like I used to. :)

Omg I don't know why but your question is so cute to me. XD No, they're more like cheesy crackers. The regular ones (darker cheddar) aren't that good, in my opinion. The white cheddar ones and mozzarella ones are the absolute best! You should definitely buy a small pack from a vending machine and try them. I heard they even have a tiny amount of Protein. Makes for a great little snack. :)

No, they taste like flat, crispy Goldfish crackers. I like the Extra Toasty ones, myself, but I don't buy them often. If they are in the house, they taunt me. I know I could snarf down a serving easily and they don't stick with you long.

I will buy 100 calorie packs occasionally because they are overpriced that way and I am too cheap to open more than one bag in a sitting.

I guess I don't understand how expressing a different opinion equates to the "wrath of God". Is it me or are logical, nutritional options no longer desired? If so, I am going to say TOO BAD. :P

My answers are as much for the lurkers as they are for the people authoring the thread. I can't imagine many doctors who would give an enthusiastic thumbs up to processed food over real food at 2-3 months out. If the issue is truly caloric intake, I would rather one get more nutritional punch for their calories than something like Cheez-its would offer.

#TeamCheese #RealFood #ThreeYearsOutandSuccessful

I second you on that hastag #TeamCheese. Girl, cheese is my ultimate weakness. I could drink cheese dip right now, lol! Thank goodness the cheese sticks at the store have at least 6g of Protein in each of them. They will definitely help me with my cheese addiction. :D

Goldfish crackers were nasty back in pre-school in the 70s (and all food processed food in the 70s/80s tasted better than the processed food now), so anything that tastes like goldfish crackers has to be nasty by association. So I guess I am not missing anything.

I really don't get the national love affair with crackers or popcorn, at all.

Doctors didn't give me a daily carb limits, I need those kind of limits. I think at this point I need the calories. I have been having Protein shakes, I get knots 60 every day. Sometimes the food I Eat have little or no calories.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Doctors didn't give me a daily carb limits, I need those kind of limits. I think at this point I need the calories. I have been having Protein shakes, I get knots 60 every day. Sometimes the food I Eat have little or no calories.

cheese, avocado, hummus, greek yogurt, Peanut Butter, spinach dip, refried Beans, soft scrambled eggs with cheese, chicken salad, seafood salad, crab legs, crab cakes, deviled ham....

So many better things for you than cheese-itz. You will get to the crunch, promise.

Goldfish crackers were nasty back in pre-school in the 70s (and all food processed food in the 70s/80s tasted better than the processed food now), so anything that tastes like goldfish crackers has to be nasty by association. So I guess I am not missing anything.

I really don't get the national love affair with crackers or popcorn, at all.

The dark cheddar ones taste kinda like bland goldfish crackers. The white cheddar ones are completely different. If I could only get a hold of the darker cheddar ones, I'd never eat another Cheez-It. My sister loves the darker cheddar ones. They smell kinda good when she's eating them, but once I taste it, I can definitely tell it's processed.

Edited by Hiraeth

Yeah, some doctors go by calories instead of carbs. And some go by both. When doctors go by one or the other, it's usually because they either think one is more important to limit, or they just don't want to overwhelm you.

I was a Cheese-it addict.....maybe that's a strong word, but still. For me to really really enjoy them they had to be kept in the refrigerator....and when I ate them I had to put three in my mouth at once.....they were not near as good if you only put one or two at a time in your mouth...hahaha

Although I like how a lot of folks think that it's best to not totally eliminate things from your diet....I know myself well enough to know that Cheese-its are, and will always be a big no no (for me).

I am still in the weight loss mode.....I"m pretty strict with the things I eat now. Everything I eat now has a nutritional purpose.........Just like @@Dub said.....After investing in this surgery the last thing I want to do now is eat Cheese-its!... Even though my surgery was covered by my insurance I still look at it as a huge investment on my part....geeeezzz I had most of my stomach removed! :blink:

@AussieGirl81... I'd send you some but Cheez-it's are so cheesy and delicious that I'd be sabotaging you.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Aww you are too sweet, thank you..

You are right, i might get addicted and i am finally dropping some decent weight

.. probably not a good idea... thank you though, I appreciate your generosity

@@Christinamo7

That would be great!.... i can try it on one of my "naughty days" later on... thank you

Edited by AussieGirl81