Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Failing at this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweety--

First of all what size band do you have-- mine takes 10ccs to fill it all up-- I'm at 7 ccs and have better restriction on some days and not any on others. Remember this is a slow process- My friend had her band placed 1 month ahead of me-- her band is all ready at 10 and she can still eat a berger with a bun--- not me- but she has gotton into a good walking routine and is doing better than me- I'm really trying to put my best effort forward and walk too

Talk to your Dr. and see what he recommends. keep your chin up

I am!!!!

I can relate to the frustration. Sweety, how are you doing since your fill? Maybe you posted this on the main June thread.

Julie I agree with you regarding getting to the right spot of 1/4 c. I have a 10cc band, had my second fill on Tuesday. I had 4.75cc from my first fill and my NP added 1 cc, total of 5.75 cc. She feels I am at my spot, and not to look to much for another fill, however I disagree. I can eat more than 1/4 c of food at a time. I do feel full 1/4 -1/2 way through a dinner however it is more than 1/4 c. I rarely get stuck either and feel little restriction. I have not tried eating bread, like sandwiches or burger Buns since surgery for I had problems then. But I can eat a slice of pizza. But not more than 1. I know what my NP is saying, I don't want to be at the point of pbing all the time, however I feel I am controlling the eating,not that band. I think it should be a balance leaning more to the band telling Me, me not telling the Band. Does that make sense???

I agree with others that every fill is different for everyone. I have a friend who has the same amount as me, well less now, she has had one fill of 5cc. she can't eat at all, pbings alot. I don't want to be there, but in between. Her PA feels she may need to adjust her bite size and chewing. Her PA is pushing her for another fill! Everyone is so different!! that is what we need to rememeber.

I agree that we need to look at our weight loss, and if we did not get banded, where would we be!!! Hard to focus on when the scale is STUCK....!!!!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS. SINCE MY 4TH FILL THINGS ARE GOING GREAT. I AM DOWN TO 200 LBS. AND I AM FEELING AWESOME. I AM EXERCISING JUST ABOUT EVERYDAY. I CAN STILL EAT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN SMALL AMOUNTS. I LOVE THAT I AM FINALLY LOSING AGAIN. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU.

SWEETY - Forgive me if I already asked this, but where in Texas do you live? If you are close by, maybe we could be excercise buddies and support buddies?

I'm in Arlington. Where are you? Is there anyone else in Arlington Texas that would want to try to get together to work out?

I can relate to you.. I had mine done in June and I have only lost 10 lbs. I read about all the drastic weight loss and I feel like a failure at this. I am thinking about another fill and hoping it works better.

I'm in Arlington. Where are you? Is there anyone else in Arlington Texas that would want to try to get together to work out?

I'm just off Trinity Boulevard. I work out in Arlington at River Legacy Park. Well, I ride my bike and sometimes walk.

Hang in there. I'm at my second fill and still don't feel much restriction. I know it will come and that keeps me from giving up. My weight loss has been really slow for the past 6 weeks.

Just reading over the thread and I just wanted to emphasize that you guys need to take your time with fills. You will get there. You don't want to be like my best friend and have her band slip because she was too agressive with the fills. Just take your time. You will get there..this isn't a race :)

Also from my personal experience it took 4 fills to get me to a good spot. Took me a year..just hang in there

Hang in there. I'm at my second fill and still don't feel much restriction. I know it will come and that keeps me from giving up. My weight loss has been really slow for the past 6 weeks.

Thanks for your encouragement. I also have had 2 fills. I cannot eat much of certain foods, like bread, bananas, anything that can be doughy or gooey. But I can eat chips! They do not bother me at all, unfortunately. I know that I need to be responsible for what I put in my mouth, however, I thought that the band would help me with that. I am thinking about another fill. I do not want to be to agressive in getting them, as I know that too much fill is worse than not enough. It is nice to know that there is a support group of you all to encourage us on. :))

Ohh, I just tried a banana this morning... haven't had one since before surgery I don't think... and I took a big ole bite - like I would have pre-banding - not even thinking ... and OW! The pain. Haha. I hate being stuck. So now I have 5 bananas I'll never eat. Lol.

Ohh, I just tried a banana this morning... haven't had one since before surgery I don't think... and I took a big ole bite - like I would have pre-banding - not even thinking ... and OW! The pain. Haha. I hate being stuck. So now I have 5 bananas I'll never eat. Lol.

Bananas are evil! The consistency just won't work for me. Damn I miss bananas..if I have em in a smoothie thats the only way.

I had my surgery March 2008 and have only lost 7lbs. I have had four fills and only started feeling restrictions on this last one (April). I have had some sliming but not too bad. I have a personal trainer that I work out with three times a week and am also training for a marathon so I'm running at least 15 miles a week on top of that. I am not eating much at all but still not losing any weight. I had my thyroid removed in February 2008 and am taking synthroid which if finally have the right dose of. I am so discouraged!! How can I be doing all these things right and not getting any results? I started out at 170 and am now at 163 and some days back up to 165. Can someone please tell me what to do. My trainer says that I am not eating enough and that I need to eat 5 small meals a day. I have tried doing that but I'm just not that hungry and end up sliming if I do. I feel like I'm going crazy!

You have had a lot going on in a short time period! My husband had his thyroid out in Jan. and is still trying to find the right dosage!! His dr. told him it could take up to a year.

So hang in there! You are doing everything you're supposed to, but with the thyroid....that's a whole different situation. Are you seeing an Endrocronologist? (sp)