Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went in for my psych eval today and everything seemed to go pretty well. I was handed a 190 adolescent questionnaire, some of the questions kind of threw me for a loop. What was your psych eval like? post-295333-14701513924193_thumb.jpg post-295333-14701514024545_thumb.jpg post-295333-14701514134573_thumb.jpg post-295333-14701514274953_thumb.jpg post-295333-14701514348283_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had to fill out a similar form, after a bunch of questions by the psych. It was pretty much what I expected, except for all the math and memory questions. :)

Hi Nickisleeve.

I had mine today too and thought the same thing about the test, which was almost exactly the same as yours. I actually live in Italy and was sent to the regional eating disorders clinic to have my eval. They treat mainly adolescent anorexics and bulimics, most of the questions didn't apply to me at all. I didn't care much for the psychiatrist either, but that's another story. I've been in therapy with a psychologist for a while and would have rather had her write an eval, but the system here wants me to go to the expert.

I swear I weigh as much as three of those anorexic teens put together :-(

I have visited the office for the evaluation here where I live, they tell me it's 3 visits, 2 tests and a one on one.

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

I have visited the office for the evaluation here where I live, they tell me it's 3 visits, 2 tests and a one on one.

Goodness, 3 visits with the psych? Craziness

Yup, luckily is covered by insurance $40 copay each, if not that Dr is $365 per visit.

Edited by RedCheeks

I was actually expecting something like this but I didn't have to do anything like this at all, Just the psych asking me questions that she answered on her laptop.

Oh, I'm so glad it was only one visit. I already have a therapist (she doesn't like the surgery, we're working on other food issues, which is why I didn't just ask her for one) so I don't need to see someone else over and over. Just clear me for surgery and move along. ;)

My initial psych test had about 400 questions. I thought the questions about "hearing voices, being spied on, and people are stealing my thoughts!" were hilarious. It made the test go by quickly. The actual psychologist just spoke with me casually about family, relationships, basic stuff like that.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

Oh, I'm so glad it was only one visit. I already have a therapist (she doesn't like the surgery, we're working on other food issues, which is why I didn't just ask her for one) so I don't need to see someone else over and over. Just clear me for surgery and move along. ;)

That is exactly how I feel

My initial psych test had about 400 questions. I thought the questions about "hearing voices, being spied on, and people are stealing my thoughts!" were hilarious. It made the test go by quickly. The actual psychologist just spoke with me casually about family, relationships, basic stuff like that.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

I get why they ask those questions though. I have an aunt who is Schizophrenic & Bipolar, she hears voices and and says she's being watched and that the mafia is trying to kill her. She's one of the people who would mark yes on the test.

Edited by RedCheeks

Mine was pretty easy also. Just had a few forms with what seemed like general questions that I filled out at home and returned. As a cash patient, I don't think they are as strict as some of the insurance requirements. For instance, I know there is a psych eval person on the team I used, but I didn't have to speak with anyone.

The term 'psych' is what's scary in the subject I think. It's much easier than it sounds in most cases it seems.