Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so i was banded on the 14June and have had my first fill of 6ml 3 weeks ago and i go back in 3 days for second fill but i have only lost about 7 pounds(when I weighed myself 13 july) and so far dont feel like a lot has changed since before i was banded. i am eating smaller portions than before but i am feeling hungry more often than before. Before i was banded i pretty much only ate 1 or 2 times a day now i eat more times but less food if that makes sense.

well i expected to see more a difference than 7 pound by now nearly7 weeks post op. I understand that it is a slow journey and everyone looses at a different rate but I'm scared to get on the scales when I get filled next and I feel depressed all the time and cant stop thinking have I done the right thing or not.

thanks for letting me rant if anyone else has felt like this I would appreciate some advise on how to get through this rough patch as I don't want to slip into depression again.

I believe that you're feeling down for no good reason. You seem to be living with some misconceptions about band surgery and what follows. You're also contradicting yourself, if I understand what you're writing. I hope I can help you get to a better place.

The first weeks after surgery are about healing from it, not about losing weight. That you lost seven pounds in the first four (is that it?) weeks is quite nice. Lost weight is lost weight.

Most people don't feel that "a lot" has changed in the early days. For most, getting the band adjusted to the point where it is a good, working partner takes at least a few adjustments. It may also involve adjusting to remove Fluid. The process is more an art than a science. I know one person who reached his goal and has maintained it for many years with an empty band and never one adjustment. He is quite the exception. Even when a band is at optimal fill, it can change, either suddenly needing more or less saline. I have no doubt that this sounds discouraging to you, but better to know it now than never. In fact, all band people should be aware of this, among other things, from the very first.

You say that your appetite and eating pattern has changed. This tells you that the band has begun to pick up steam. A good thing.

You last weighed on 13 July, so you don't know what further loss you may have had since the seven lbs.

As you seem to feel little control over matters now, I suggest that you try to eat meals on a regular schedule. It's also important to use a food tracker and enter everything. My Fitness Pal is popular and people say it's easy to use. I use the tracker at sparkpeople.com, a large website dedicated to health, fitness, weight loss and the like. It also has a fitness tracker. The site doesn't espouse surgery for weight loss, but I find that no problem. There are "teams" of people who have had surgery. Livestrong.com is a similar site.

The amount of saline in an adjustment or in a band is meaningless on its own. What matters is having the amount that will, again, make for a good partnership.

You're in good shape.

Hi don't worry I been band for 6years started at 285 at 200 it's all my felt.I have 6mc it's a good spot for me but it only works when I work I been off track now I'm getting back to it we can do this together.You made the right choice I don't regret it at all it controls me because I don't know how to control myself.Any questions fill free.

Sent from my LG-H634 using the BariatricPal App