Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did it take yall before you got a approved or deny call or letter?? My last class was July 20th and they said they would submit it that day or the next so I'm just wondering how long it takes before you get a response.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

It was just a couple of weeks for my approval. I have BCBS insurance and I went to a BCBS Bariatric Center of Excellence.

So I just called my insurance company the lady was super amazing and sweet she told me she use to schedule for the gastric bypass and lap band she said it has great results then I asked if they got anything yet she said no so I told her I would call my surgeon office and she gave me the fax number and her number so they could call i called my surgeon office and they put me through to my navigator and he hadn't sent my stuff yet so I gave him both numbers and he said he would get right on it now so let's see how this goes now!!! Fingers crossed

It funny the way this works because most of the time it is the doctors office that says they are going to submit and then they don't so you constantly have to follow up.

Once I got them to submit after they screwed up several times for several weeks I literally got an approval within a couple of hours of the submission. I was shocked when I got a call back from the surgeons office with a date for my surgery because I had been approved. I suspect they were begging the insurance company to rush mine because they were supposed to have submitted it some 3 weeks before but someone went on vacation and left me hanging. When I found out they still had not submitted it, I freaked and started bawling like a big old baby and I think it scared them. LOL.

Then when a couple hours later I got my call I started bawling again like a big old baby.

This process made me very emotional because I was so sick and ready to start my new life.

I hope you get an answer quickly so it will put your mind at ease and allow you to move on to the most exciting phase. Yes, you will likely get nervous as the date nears but hopefully you are so ready that it is like Christmas morning.

I know I feel that way now that I am through it and have had my first of several plastics. It feels like Christmas morning.

Good luck!

It funny the way this works because most of the time it is the doctors office that says they are going to submit and then they don't so you constantly have to follow up.

Once I got them to submit after they screwed up several times for several weeks I literally got an approval within a couple of hours of the submission. I was shocked when I got a call back from the surgeons office with a date for my surgery because I had been approved. I suspect they were begging the insurance company to rush mine because they were supposed to have submitted it some 3 weeks before but someone went on vacation and left me hanging. When I found out they still had not submitted it, I freaked and started bawling like a big old baby and I think it scared them. LOL.

Then when a couple hours later I got my call I started bawling again like a big old baby.

This process made me very emotional because I was so sick and ready to start my new life.

I hope you get an answer quickly so it will put your mind at ease and allow you to move on to the most exciting phase. Yes, you will likely get nervous as the date nears but hopefully you are so ready that it is like Christmas morning.

I know I feel that way now that I am through it and have had my first of several plastics. It feels like Christmas morning.

Good luck!

That's so true I hear this all the time but I'm glad I made the call because if i didn't who would have known how long it would of taken my navigator to submit it, like this is my life your messing with I'm ready for the next phase of it and I'm ready to start my new healthy life

Glad you followed up with them! Keep on 'em!!!

So apparently my surgery won't be Aug 26th they said maybe end of August beginning of September they haven't sent over my paperwork I was so mad but my navigator said he sent it today so let's see

So apparently my surgery won't be Aug 26th they said maybe end of August beginning of September they haven't sent over my paperwork I was so mad but my navigator said he sent it today so let's see

Didn't he tell you that last week? I'd call tomorrow to confirm.

Didn't he tell you that last week? I'd call tomorrow to confirm.
Yes he did he was like I sent it but they said no he didn't so when he called me back he said he talked to my insurance and he got the info he needed like the fax number I said but I gave it to u last week

I'd call daily! If you have any more issues - call the Manager. We wait long enough - there's no excuse for him to not send it immediately.

Yes definitely that's what I'm saying I gave him all the info so idk y he acting like this

I'd call daily! If you have any more issues - call the Manager. We wait long enough - there's no excuse for him to not send it immediately.

Yes definitely that's what I'm saying I gave him all the info so idk y he acting like this

So when do they send it to ins. Before you start doing all that or after you do it all like the testing, and meetings

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

So when do they send it to ins. Before you start doing all that or after you do it all like the testing, and meetings

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

They sent it Monday my last class was July 20th is had to do 6 months of weight management and 2 hour nutritional class