Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Rumbaut in Mexico

Hi everyone! I'm getting banded by Dr Rumbaut on Sept 11 and I'm extremely nervous and yet very excited. I was just hoping that some of you wonderful people could share with me your stories (good and bad) about your experience with this doctor. Thanks so much!!!!

~ Veronica

Awesome experience. I would do it again with him in a heartbeat. In fact, I wish I could go back for my fills just to see them all again.

Dr. Rumbaut was definitely on the top of my list for surgeons but I remained in the states. Several people I know personally went to him and loved the entire experience.

Today is your banding date! Good luck and have a speedy recovery!!

WASA: Yes Rumbaut and Aceves may be good, but not necessarily the BEST.

Here is a little something Rumbaut published not long ago (please read below).

If your "global statistics" are hovering around 1% for erosion (quoting you: “Sadly, erosion does happen in about 1.3% of patients.” ) thenwhere does that put Rumbaut? (he did the study, 2.9% erosion).... how about slippage? Also 2.9%, how does that compare?

Erosion is almost three times as much(2.9 to 1) as your "global statistics"?

Not so good?

And Quoting you: “There are docs with a 0.00016%** erosion stat vs. others who are seriously dangerous with a 3-4% erosion stat”. … But yet in another post you say: and I quote: “Personal opinion but I think Rumbaut and Aceves are the two best surgeons in Mexico.”

Which is it bubblebutt? You have to make up your mind!

Rumbaut’s statistics on erosion are one tenth of a percent from “Seriously Dangerous” and yet in your personal opinion he is among the best?????

The problem is not Rumbaut's statistics Wasa, the problem is YOUR "global statistics". Rumbaut’s statistics are average (port infection is high though).

You have been using a broken measuring stick. The information you have been giving readers on this subject is way off, and you refuse to admit it.

Please do some real research WASA, unsupported statements cause more harm than good. If you want to post as a reliable source of information for fellow members, don't go by what you hear, hearsay is cheap and easy to come by, not so with true data on paper. The comparison between Rumbaut's published statistics and your claims only casts a shadow over any other "statistics" you may have posted elsewhere on this forum. Not very reliable..... You need to offer real statistics, all with tangible, published backup, not "someone told me".

**By the way, FYI: .ooo16% erosion translates to one erosion for every 625,000 procedures, even you can’t seriously consider that!!!

Obesity Surgery, 13, 275-280

The Lap-Band® System in a North American

Population

S. Ross Fox, MD; Katherine M. Fox, RN, MPH; Myur S. Srikanth, MD;

Roberto Rumbaut, MD*

The Medical Services Organization, Surgical Weight Loss Clinic, Tacoma, Washington, USA and

*Hospital San Jose - ITESN, Monterrey, Mexico

European and Australian results with

laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB)

using the Lap-Band® (Inamed Health, Santa Barbara,

CA) have been impressive, with over 100,000 procedures

completed at this writing. However, prior to U.S.

FDA approval in June 2001, U.S. patients had to travel

out of the U.S. for this procedure. This study reports

on a series of U.S. patients who requested off-shore

referral for LAGB placement.

Table 5. Complications

Complications

n (%)

Dilatation/band slippage

Erosion

Port tubing leakage (disconnection)

Port infection

Band removed without revision

Revision to gastric bypass

Mylap-band....

I told you before I am not going to play your games. You want to get in a pissing match? Play alone, I'm not going to. I don't know where you come up with the numbers you do but I suspect it is the same place you come up with the various IDs that post *EXACTLY* like you do, they post in the same threads you do, they slam the same people you do, they have the EXACT same opinions you do, they use the same phrases you do, they ask the same sarcastic questions you do, they show the same behaviors you do, they even write their posts making their points in the same order you do. Top that off with creating their IDs on the same day and what do you have? We have you.

I refuse to play games with a person that has to create more IDs to find people that support their stance. It isn't going to happen.

When you want to post with a little more honesty then perhaps we can talk. In the mean time, it ain't gonna happen because I don't feel you have enough credibility to be worthy of my time.