Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my sleeve 6/29 and in the first 6 days Iost 10lbs. I haven't lost an ounce since. What is going on? I'm not close to even a 1000 cals/day and I've been drinking 55-60 oz of liqids per day and 45-60 grams of protein/day. I don't know what to do.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using the BariatricPal App

Stalls are normal. There could be a bunch of causes. You're about two weeks post op so probably still healing, that will affect what you see on the scale. If you've started exercising you may be building muscle at a rate that it's affecting what the scale shows, but you'll probably notice you've lost some inches, those are sometimes a better thing to track than weight.

Our bodies also store fat differently for different uses. We have reserves for quick use that the body will use if there's a calorie deficit, which between surgery and the new diet you definitely have. Once those reserves are used up, the body will start burning normal fat, but it's also restocking those reserves, so while that's going on you'll still be losing but wont see a change on the scale.

It's basically a bunch of normal processes taking place, as long as you are sticking to your food plan, hitting Protein and Vitamin goals, and exercising you're going to do fine.

I'm three months out and have already had two stalls. First one was at week three, lasted for three to four weeks. Just passed the second stall lasted for about a week.

Had my sleeve 6/29 and in the first 6 days Iost 10lbs. I haven't lost an ounce since. What is going on? I'm not close to even a 1000 cals/day and I've been drinking 55-60 oz of liqids per day and 45-60 grams of protein/day. I don't know what to do.

Although it is normal to stall around this time and your body is adjusting - I don't think you are getting enough Protein or Water. Don't pay attention to calories - eat Protein (at least 60 gms) and get over 64oz of fluids. What are you eating daily?

Your body is going to be going through spurts of loss. (My Dr. talked me to about that and not to get discouraged and held up on it.) You also have to remember you just had surgery and you probably still have a lot of swelling. I know my stomach seemed swollen for like 2 or more weeks. I seemed to not lose anything the first few days, then all of a sudden, I lost a ton, then I didn’t, then I did. The first few weeks kind of seemed like an emotional weigh loss rollercoaster. I was also weighing every day. (I no longer do that to myself because I was driving myself CRAZY – “Oh no, I gain 2 oz. since yesterday” kind of crazy!). I now weigh once a week and that seems to be muuuuuch better for me. You also have to remind yourself that your body can flux a variance of 5 lbs. each day depending on fluids, cycle, and restroom needs. Go easy on yourself. It will happen as long as you follow your plan. Now that I am a little farther along, the weight loss seems steadier. Although I no longer have 10 lbs. in a few days loss, I have the steady every week loss of about 3.5 lbs. which I am perfectly content with.

I tried not to, Kazie15. It's kind of difficult not when you know you're not losing. I'm going to try not to weight myself until my 2 week visit to the surgeon's office.

I know that it is hard. That is exactly why I drove myself crazy in the beginning! I mean you pay all this money and it seems like all you can think about at first. Losing, Losing, Losing. But then something happens. You kind of get back to your normal life. (Well, without the binge eating, snacking and beer at the BBQs, but you know what I mean). You do the weigh ins once a week and you will be shocked at your progress. Saturday I hit my 8 weeks, and my first 40 lbs.! I was so excited! I went through everything you are going through and feeling. Keep your chin up, you’re not alone!

I know that it is hard. That is exactly why I drove myself crazy in the beginning! I mean you pay all this money and it seems like all you can think about at first. Losing, Losing, Losing. But then something happens. You kind of get back to your normal life. (Well, without the binge eating, snacking and beer at the BBQs, but you know what I mean). You do the weigh ins once a week and you will be shocked at your progress. Saturday I hit my 8 weeks, and my first 40 lbs.! I was so excited! I went through everything you are going through and feeling. Keep your chin up, you’re not alone!

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. Congrats on your weight loss, btw.