Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everyone doing ok?

The pain from incisions isn't too bad... kind of like a bad sunburn. What's bothering me at the moment is gas pain and nausea. Walking helped me start burping, but it's still there.

I'm having thoughts that I shouldn't have done this! It's silly because it's not like I can go back and change my mind now, but I'm feeling overwhelmed.

I don't want to eat, but I think that's normal.

I'm doing really well as far as the medical team is concerned, and I get to go home today. I think I'll be able to sleep better there.

How are you all?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Hello! Brenda, here.

I'm doing really well, yesterday evening I was already saying this is the best decision I've ever made for myself. Very little nausea and pain, very little gas..

It will get better every day and I'm sure you're going to be glad you made it through it, it will be so worth it all in the end! I'll be going home later today as well, no place like home!

I've had several laproscopic surgeries so I think that may have prepared me for this experience. I hope you feel better soon physically and about your decision. ????☄ ???? bless you

I slept an amazing 16 hours when I got home, and it really helped my pain and my frame if mind.

I did throw up once, but other than that, everything is fine.

One question... every time I swallow Water or anything at all, I get an intense pang that feels like hunger for about 45 seconds. Then it disappears. Is anyone else feeling this? I had a hiatal hernia repair too, so it may have something to do with it.

I'm so glad I can come here for info and support.

Ok so I had my surgery 7/25 and just came home today.....I really miss my morphine... I'm thinking of putting a support garment to help ease the pain... And ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I slept an amazing 16 hours when I got home, and it really helped my pain and my frame if mind.

I did throw up once, but other than that, everything is fine.

One question... every time I swallow Water or anything at all, I get an intense pang that feels like hunger for about 45 seconds. Then it disappears. Is anyone else feeling this? I had a hiatal hernia repair too, so it may have something to do with it.

I'm so glad I can come here for info and support.

I felt the same thing the first few days I was home, I'm 10 days post op now and its gone away. Was really weird, I actually asked my surgeon if it was normal and he said yes, just keep drinking...lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Ok so I had my surgery 7/25 and just came home today.....I really miss my morphine... I'm thinking of putting a support garment to help ease the pain... And ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh no! After I got rid of the awful couple of days of gas pain, my pain of the actual incisions has been very minimal. I feel a little burning where the tape is, but mostly just sore like I did too many situps.

Do you have some pain medication at home? I have a liquid Tylenol with codeine and it's been all I need to help me sleep.

Checking in again...

Day 4, and I'm still having what feels like very intense hunger, though I'm told it is probably acid. I hope it subsides soon, because the point of doing this sleeve was to NOT feel like I'm starving. ;)

I'm keeping a journal of everything I'm eating/drinking per my surgeon's request. I'm mostly having 12 oz daily of Isopure zero carb vanilla in 3 oz increments every 3 hours. I had sf chocolate pudding today as well.

I called the surgeon to complain about the hunger like acid pains, and let them know Tums didn't help. They put me on Nexium, with instructions to call back if it doesn't go away.

Probably TMI so skip if you're grossed out by bm talk! I had my first bm since before surgery and it was a very small amount of diarrhea. I'm wondering if that's because I'm not on any solids.

I thought I researched the heck out of this before, but now I feel like I may have been under prepared. Hoping that next week is better.

How are my fellow July 25th sleevers?

Checking in again...

Day 4, and I'm still having what feels like very intense hunger, though I'm told it is probably acid. I hope it subsides soon, because the point of doing this sleeve was to NOT feel like I'm starving. ;)

I'm keeping a journal of everything I'm eating/drinking per my surgeon's request. I'm mostly having 12 oz daily of Isopure zero carb vanilla in 3 oz increments every 3 hours. I had sf chocolate pudding today as well.

I called the surgeon to complain about the hunger like acid pains, and let them know Tums didn't help. They put me on Nexium, with instructions to call back if it doesn't go away.

Probably TMI so skip if you're grossed out by bm talk! I had my first bm since before surgery and it was a very small amount of diarrhea. I'm wondering if that's because I'm not on any solids.

I thought I researched the heck out of this before, but now I feel like I may have been under prepared. Hoping that next week is better.

How are my fellow July 25th sleevers?

I'm not having hunger or acid issues at all, though I've been on protonix(antacid)since the day after surgery. I have no yet had a bm.. but I just took my first colace tonight in hopes of helping that along.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I can't even finish a quarter cup of Jello or just take a normal drink of Water.

Can't wait for those puree'd foods just for the taste!

One week in!

I'm on Nexium for acid now, and it has helped a lot. I don't get pain every time I swallow anymore.

I started at 242 three weeks ago. I was at 233.8 on surgery day. Today, I am 224.6. That's a crazy 17.4 pounds in 3 weeks.

That's all the motivation I need to keep choking down Isopure zero carb.

I do feel you on the Water @@MightyMittenMimi though. I feel thirsty all the time, but anything more than a sip starts me belching and uncomfortable. I just want to chug down a bottle of Water one time. ;)

I did cry today, though. This is really hard.