Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are the TENaciousTENS!

Glad to see everyone joining us . The time is going fast. By next year this time we'll be showing off the new looks! I can't wait to shop in a regular store. My husband better hide the credit cards. Since I was a child and I wore chubbie sizes, I always wanted to shop at the cool stores , not just the big or womens size stores. I'm not aspiring to be on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition , but I do want to be able to wear corduroy pants without that scraping sound when I walk. LOL.

The pre op diet is ok. The Protein Powder is kind of yucky so I may try a different brand. Any suggestions? The nutritionist recommended a brand sold at Walgreens but we don't have one close. I may try to order it online. it's called BeneProtein by Novartis and dissolves in Water with a spoon..

Keep up the great posts..................

lafs... I bought a whey Protein powder from GNC... It has 20 grams of protein per scoop and it only takes one scoop per shake.... They carry all kinds, but I bought banana Cream flavor and it tastes real yummy... It mixes in Water pretty good... I'm going back and buy vanilla, chocolate and Unflavored.... I bought the Penney's brand of Magic Bullet for $29.99 and it works real well for those shakes..... I just looked online at Penney's and it is still on sale at that price....

I have FINALLY been cleared, meaning all my pre-op tests are in and good. I have my internal medicine appointment on Monday. This means there is NOTHING standing in the way of me and Ms.Slim..nothing. I'm very excited and really have no fears. I believe it's all gone so smoothly because God loves me and has blessed me. He knows my heart and this is something I've wanted but hesitated to ask for. I'm in good health: B/P on the low side, cholesterol excellent, no physical problems at all. But as I've said in the past, I have had issues with being comfortable with my DH (body image/sex). The Lord brought my DH and I together 5 years ago and we are married 2. DH is so loving and is supporting me in this because it's something I want. He's fine with me as I am; I'm not.

So onward!! I am going to continue to go do a weight watchers type diet and am really looking forward to this 'journey'. I'm blessed to have all of you to share this with.

Valerie :)

I am set to get banded on the 5th of October and boy am I nervous. I've only told a few people about this and the reception was mixed. I hope I'm doing the right thing

mes..... Yes, it is JC Penney, but not the drink mixer you are referring to.... I found it online at jcpenney.com under Housewares - Small Electrics - Processers..... It is the "Cooks Power Blender with Attachments." It is on sale for $39.99... I think it is a 17 piece set... They carry them in the stores too. It works really great, I am enjoying mine....

cQQlgirl..... Whoo Hoo, way to go!!!! Isn't this a great journey we are all embarking on? A new life and new adventures into slim land....

You will be banded one day before me.... I go in on October 16th... I am so ready to get this done...

I was a September bandster but my surgery was postponed to 10/2 so now I am a TENaciousTen! I've seen a couple of other 10/2 dates on this thread already.

A little about me - I am 33 years old, married with a 15 month old daughter. I have been obese pretty much my entire life and have several obese members of my family. We have a history of high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease. The day I scheduled my surgery my Mother had angioplasty and a stint placed to clear a 95% blockage. Her brother, my uncle, had quintuple bypass surgery in March at age 53. I am doing this surgery as much for my daughter as I am for me.

I am nervous/scared/excited all at the same time. My DH has been extremely supportive of my decision to be banded. He attended the initial seminar with me and I know he will continue to be a great support.

Unlike alot of posts I've read my insurance approval has been absolutely painless, a lot easier than I expected it to be. I filled out the paperwork online for the doctor and 2 weeks later got a call that I'd been approved. Go United Healthcare!

I love reading all of the supportive posts!!

I suppose I should have introduced myself before I started posting. My name is Jamie I live in Kansas and am getting banded in Detroit on the 5th. I'm totally nervous and hope I am making the right decision. i am 29 years old and weigh 224 and I am supposed to get down to 234. I am single and a Library Director. i recently started back at school to get my PhD in Psychology. I guess I am starting over all around:) Anyway, I am glad I found this site. It is nice to talk to people who are feeling the same things I am feeling. We can carry each other.

WELCOME Jamie and Misty... It's nice to have you with us...

Misty.... That is great that you had such an easy time getting insurance approval, especially with your family history... This is the right step on your way to a healthier life....

Jamie.... I'm sure that you meant that you are supposed to get down to 134 and not 234.... :eek: Congrats on returning to school... That is wonderful that you are furthering your education as well as embarking on a new lifestyle change by getting the band...

Good luck to both of you...

You are right:) I certainly dont want to gain weight;)

quote=nicnaknut;570993]WELCOME Jamie and Misty... It's nice to have you with us...

Misty.... That is great that you had such an easy time getting insurance approval, especially with your family history... This is the right step on your way to a healthier life....

Jamie.... I'm sure that you meant that you are supposed to get down to 134 and not 234.... :eek: Congrats on returning to school... That is wonderful that you are furthering your education as well as embarking on a new lifestyle change by getting the band...

Good luck to both of you...

Well it is day 2 of my preop diet. I am very hungry and I felt quite sick today. I did have a cup of tea. I can't stand tea without sugar and milk and I cheated and added them. But the difference in how I felt was significant. I can have 3 Optifast and some vegs and some berries. Thats it. I am going to add some vegetable broth because I am already sick of sweet. I have never been a big sweet eater.

I am getting nervous and panicky. I hope this is normal.

Welcome TENacious TENS!

i'm 16 days post op today.

Just follow the instructions you're given

and enjoy your day at the spa! lol

That's what i thought of it as... and it worked.

a day at the spa with meds. :)

i had the nicest nurses and my dr. is wonderful

and encouraging. he says i've done great.

don't stress. walk. walk. and do what yours tells you to.

it works.

nume.... Gosh, that sure doesn't sound like much for a pre-op diet... I think I would starve to death if that was all I could have.... I agree with you I would add some broth and some Protein powder drinks... Also cottage cheese and some string cheese.... Instead of regular sugar for your tea, try some Splenda or Sweet N Low and some Fat Free Milk and I think you would be ok.... Be sure to drink plenty of Water and add a squeeze of lemon or some Crystal Light if you need to.... Good luck to you... Your band date will be here before you know it...

Howdy all. I was originally scheduled for November 19th, but all of a sudden, my insurance approval came through very quickly. My surgeon gave me the option to bump up my date to October 1, and I took it. So just over a week til "The Banding" :hungry:

Hi everyone, I wanted to say goodluck to everyone who is being banded soon and my thoughts are with those currently on their preop diet that I will soon be doing. While I'm not looking forward to two weeks of a liquid diet I am excited about being banded. My biggest problem right now is that I seem to be eating everything in sight. I find myself snacking alot throughout the day and not caring much about it. I have this faulty thinking that it doesn't matter because I will be doing my preop soon. I have also found myself not wanting to catch up with old friends that haven't seen me in a while due to my big weight gain. Anyway I can't wait to hear everyone's post op stories!!!