Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are the TENaciousTENS!

Good luck and many Blessings to all that are being banded in the next few days.....

fluffy.... I am doing a high Protein low carb diet which is very similar to the Atkins diet... We are currently on the road, so I will be hit and miss with the computer.... My DH and I live full time and travel in our motorhome.... Colorado is my home and our home base is in Grand Junction where my youngest daughter and children live... My middle daughter and children live in the Denver area... My oldest daughter and children live in the Rifle, New Castle area...

Dave- I'm from Florida too and my surgery is 10/11. I graduated 2 weeks ago with my Bachelors degree (yeah, me!) and I won't even buy my cap and gown picture because I'm embarrassed at how big I look. Good luck to you. Where in Florida are you?

I am a little late coming to the party, but I do have my party dress on! I was banded yesterday on October 3rd. Since I am a newly minted banded girl I decided to check out the message board further, and I found you guys, and I am thrilled that I did. (I would jump up and down, but I am really sore.)

My surgery went fine, which is fantastic news. My tummy feels like someone kicked it with high heeled shoes, and I have CO 2 gas in me. Emotionally I am a feeling a strange, because I just realized that I changed my whole live today without a "back-out" plan. (Somewhere deep down inside I know it is a great change, but if you ask me today...I wouldn't be able to tell you that.) The nurses told me to give it 32 days, so that is what I plan to do...and if that doesn't work I will give it 32 more! In short I know I will be ok, and the TENS are where I need to be!

My name is Amy, I live in BC, Canada. I am a self-pay. I have a wonderfully supportive husband and 10 year old daughter.

Dave and crazy4jags,

I too am from FL...Gainesville (go gators!!). Where are you guys at? Crazy, I am guessing you are in Jacksonville?

I have one week til my surgery, and I am getting so nervous, and soooo excited!! I get butterflies every time I think about what will be happening at this moment one week from now....!

Good luck to all!!

I was banded 10/2 and have had a rough couple of days. The gas is still pretty bad, it's sitting in my left shoulder and behind my left breast. I'm still taking my meds but I think DH and I are going to get out of the house a little today so I can walk more. I totally get what you mean about being kicked in the tummy with high heels, that's a great way to put it! My doc also found a hernia and repaired it at the same time.

When I was in recovery I remember saying to the nurse "I think I made a mistake". I don't really mean that but I also have that "OH CRAP" feeling. I know once I feel better I will be the biggest band advocate out there but unril then... the jury it out! LOL!

Aloha boys and girls,

I am officially on the band wagon. I'm two days out and feeling okay. Better yet, I've even walked in the hospital and was doing excercise there. Anything to get that gas pain out of the shoulders. I applied heat the the shoulder and kept going. I have little ones here so that motivates me to get moving. I will rest rather i have to make myself rest. Im not that person that can stay down long. My belly is still fairly swollen with some sensitivity in the port area. I was able to have one 4 oz of Jello, three cups of broth, half a Protein Shake yesterday. I hear my stomach making growling noises but i think that gas moving around. Im not hungry. Hope all goes well for foks coming behind me. For the most part, this was a breeze... god bless and i will keep you posted...

Miriam

Dave and crazy4jags,

I too am from FL...Gainesville (go gators!!). Where are you guys at? Crazy, I am guessing you are in Jacksonville?

I have one week til my surgery, and I am getting so nervous, and soooo excited!! I get butterflies every time I think about what will be happening at this moment one week from now....!

Good luck to all!!

I'm in Zephyrhills which is about 20 miles north of Tampa.

I'm anxious for the results of the Lapband but nervous about the process getting there.

I get banded tomorrow the 5th. I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 AM. I'm glad it is early so I don't go nuts waiting all day.

Oh my gosh! Does that subject line sound so cool or what?!!!!!

I can't wait! I'm going to Dr. Lopez (Corvala) in Tijuana and I've done so much research and feel very confident about my decision. I'm 40 and I've been waiting for my life to start, not realizing that I've wasted it being miserable and not living every moment to its fullest! I guess 40 hit me pretty hard! No more taking my life for granted... I'm taking this bull by the horns and I'm ready for the adventure!

I'm scheduled for October 18 and I don't know what to do with myself in the meantime! I'm so excited! I want to tell everyone, but yet I don't want people to know until I'm sure there won't be any complications. I just hate people saying "I told you so"!. I have told a few people at work and two good friends, and mostly everyone has been supportive, but the two that I thought would definitely be supportive have been completely opposite. They both got that 'hmmmmmm' look in their eyes & the tone of their voice changed. One of them actually said "Do not do this".

But that's okay. It's my life, my decision, and I just won't invite them to my "100 pounds gone" party!

Good luck to everyone out there that's still waiting for surgery, and thanks so very, very much to all of you that have had the surgery and are putting up posts about it. You've made me feel so much better about my decision!

:bounce:Texan headed to Tijuana!!!!!!

I'm in Zephyrhills which is about 20 miles north of Tampa.

I'm anxious for the results of the Lapband but nervous about the process getting there.

Hey DavidB ..we're neighbours!

My surgery is October 12th with Dr. Krishnaraj ..can't wait!

I started my liquid Optifast last Thursday and have since lost 11.5 pounds, which is great! Unfortunately I have zero energy and another week of liquids to go. Oh well. I envy those that don't have to do the liquid diet, however, I understand that de-fatting the liver is important pre-op, so I am ok with my doctors decision ..altho, I will not lie, I really wish I could at least have a salad or something ..anything.. that isn't liquid.

-Libby:peace:

Hey Dreamchasertx-

I know how you feel about telling people; at first I wasn't going to anyone. :zip: I was afraid that I would fail at losing weight, and everyone would think that I did something dangerous and stupid. Well I ended up telling EVERYONE! :gossip:I figured in the end this would give me more determination to succeed. Most people were for it, but a few were against it. I can't do this alone. I need people to understand why I am changing my behavior, so that they can support me. If they are not willing to support me then I need to know that now...not later.

As for passing the time I went to Vegas and Southern California to soak up the sunshine.^_^ I took a lot of pictures of myself, so that I could remember where I had come from. I also went to the salon and got my hair done and my feet pampered, because this time was all about me.:biggrin1:

I had my surgery yesterday and so I am still not feeling too good, but when I came home I had a lot of well-wishers calling me, and I had you guys on the boards! I love you all!

Good luck Dreamchaser- I know that you will do just fine, and I am here for you...I am always up for a party!:)

Wow Amy! You're the first right-out-of-room response I've had! Please keep us updated! It makes me think it might not be too bad to tell folks. I'm sure most people will be supportive.

When I go to TJ, I was thinking about going a couple of days early and taking a layover in Vegas! But I guess I'd better wire my $$$ ahead of time for my surgery! Then I thought I'd fly out to San Diego & spend the night before I go to TJ. I may never get out that way again, and I hear the city is beautiful.

:whoo:

Dave and crazy4jags,

Good luck to all!!

Jenne - we'll be band-mates! I'm the 11th too and it can't get here too soon. Yes, I am an avid Jaguar fan in Jacksonville and I'm looking forward to going to the games and not feeling cramped in those stadium seats!

Good luck to you...I'm sure we'll be talking lots!

Sue

Hey all...

Congrats to everyone who has gotten banded this week. Mine is in 10 days and can't wait. I start my liquid diet tomorrow. I haven't been hungry all week, so I think it will be OK.

To Nicnaknuk, drive safely. I wouldn't want anything to happen that you couldn't have your surgery "with" me! How is the eating on the road going? Since you are in your "traveling home" I assume it is like being in a stationary home. :) I have a friend and her husband who are traveling all over the U.S. Her husbund has a brain disease and she wants to do as much as she can before he is gone. They are having a blast.

Are you getting nervous about the 15th?

Hugs to all Oct. bandsters!

Hi All,

I made it home from Denver where Dr K banded me on thursday. He was wonderful and his office staff was so friendly. My surgery was done at Crowne Point Parker Adventist Hospital . The Surgical staff and anesthesiologist were very attentive . The hospital facilities were spotless.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn across the street from the hospital and I would recommend it for anyone having their surgery in Parker.

Surgery was Thursday at 1pm and I got back to the Motel about 4:30pm . I felt better than I thought I would. I took a 1/2 dose of my pain killer and crashed for several hours. That evening, I was up and moving pretty good. On Friday I showered and we took a long car ride up into the mountains. We stopped in Blackhawk and played the slots for about an hour until I got tired. When we got back, I had some warm broth and a 1/2 dose of pain meds and slept great all night. I found that holding a pillow against my tummy when I laid on my side helped support my incisions and they didn't hurt.

Saturday we flew home . What a long day with 2 flights and a 3 hour car ride afterwards, I was dragging. I asked the airline clerk if we could pre-board so we didn't have to stand in line and that really helped..

I have felt some "gas pains" in my left shoulderblade from the co2 but it's not bad. The other "gas" is bad enough! I puttered my way across the USA . Thank goodness the airplane has loud engines. LOL..............