Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are the TENaciousTENS!

Hello! My surgery date is October 16th at the Jewish Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio. Anyone else being banded the same day at the same hospital?

Aloha from Hawaii,

Banded on 10-2 and feeling like did they put it in? No gas pains or anything thing to complain about. Things are going down fine. I'm in between liquids and mushies. I have so much Soup that i need to finish that first. I am going to stay on liquids probably through next week. I wanted to go swimming, but doc said to wait another week. I'm down 20 lbs and feeling good. Good luck to you folks..

Miriam

Banded 10/2 and also wondering if I REALLY have a band. I'm feeling good except for a little gas that is still in my shoulder. It seems to only bother me at night. I am now eating soft foods but will admit to having a little chicken this weekend. I made sure to chew really well and it went down fine. I feel like I could eat anything I wanted but I'm doing my best to take it slow.

Yesterday I hosted a baby shower with a friend and I can tell today that I did too much. I was on my feet a lot and probably lifted and carried more than I should have. So today I will rest!!

So glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Ok, people i am 15 days post op and i totally had a gross feeling this AM. I have learned that there is a reason why you must eat slow. I haven't changed that behavior totally but now i must. My shreded chicken got stuck and nothing i did could make it go down, and 10 mins later it all came up. Sooooo gross!!! It was like barfing but i guess thats what they call sliming. I was on my way out the door for work, and decided to come back in and wait it out. Good thing I did, because that would not have been bad at work or at my desk.

Grossed out in Hawaii...

Miriam

did you full on barf? or did it come up slowly? I am so not looking forward to that and hope to avoid it.

Well,

Im not sure if you call that a barf, but it sure felt like it. I looked at the bag after, and it was totally slimy. I don;t know if the slimy thing is the barf alternate.. Who knows us Oct folks are so knew to this, im gonna ask my buddies who have been there done that.. Im taking it easy the rest of the day. I think i will do some liquids again. I did venture to salmon and cabbage yesterday, but hubby grinded up the cabbage in the baby food grinder. I have a 10 month old at home. I have some baby food she isnt eating so maybe i will do that today... I wanna give me tummy a rest...

Hey Miriam!

I received a book of instructions from my doctors and it said that if your feeling blocked (kinda late now I now) but for future reference.

It states to lay on your left side for a bit and/or sip warm tea.

I'm not sure if it will actually work but if it happens again you may want to try.

ahealthieryou,

I see we're being banded on the same day. best of luck I'll be thinking about you. my banding is in the afternoon. do you have your surgery time yet?

:help:Hello, well as you know I got banded on 10/11..... and have been feeling realy good. But today I started getting lite headed, I think I need to eat a more any suggestions? I think Iam eating about 600 total cals.

Hello All! I had my surgery on October 2nd and on that date I was 367 pounds. Today, I am 349 pounds and counting. It has been very difficult on the liquid diet, I must admit that I did cheat a little. My doctor has recommended that I eat more because I was feeling light headed. But, I refuse to go crazy with eating, because those pounds can easily come back. Now, if I could just find the time to exercise!

LSZeliga- Wow! You have lost 50 pounds and were banded on the 11th! How much of that was pre-op diet? That is amazing! My program does not really focus so much on a set calories. Just eat high nutriton food. I think we aim for like 3 grams of fat or less to every 100 calories. And then amount is important of course. Are you getting your 60 grams of Protein a day? And what about your Water intake? I know I started getting light headed when I didn't eat enough calories and get enough protein, and also when I was getting dehydrated.

about 2 months before I talked about lap banding I started with a trainer and riding my bike everyday... Then about a month ago I went forth with looking into lap banding . And got banded on 10 /11....