Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am very happy to say since I started this whole weight loss adventure I have lost 100 pounds! 40 of which have been in the 6 weeks after surgery ☺️ That's my one positive going on right now!

Any complications after you stomach healed?

Sent from my SM-N915V using the BariatricPal App

I've had complications. Right after surgery I was in a lot of pain and had nausea. I was on dilaudid for 3 weeks. Then I was in the hospital for 9 days because of nausea. Now I'm not able to eat or drink because I'm so nauseous. I'm given infusions over night through a picc line in order to get my fluids and nutrients. My surgeon assures me it will go away but said it could take months. I'm trying to focus on the good but it's hard.

Good for you gorgeous! That's something to be proud of, incredible so far! And well done for losing 60 pounds prior to surgery too! You're an inspiration

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much! It's definitely been a journey!

Thanks for sharing your story because I'm on the fence but I want to have the surgery or not. I just started my process over the next two weeks I will have my psych exam metabolic test Fitness evaluation and nutritional consultation. Since I join this forum I've come across so many bad stories about the endless complications from bariatric surgery

Thanks for sharing your story because I'm on the fence but I want to have the surgery or not. I just started my process over the next two weeks I will have my psych exam metabolic test Fitness evaluation and nutritional consultation. Since I join this forum I've come across so many bad stories about the endless complications from bariatric surgery

Really? The vast majority of the post surgery posts have been positive. Most of the problems have been self inflicted. It's a risk, but so is being overweight.

BTW, @@Dashofpixiedust8 Congrats. great job.

I'm at the point where im no longer going to tell people that I'm in the process of having bariatric surgery. It has all been negative and stories of people they know that did it and they've gained a lot of weight

@@Gripp - That is an ongoing struggle for many here. I would recommend keeping it close to the vest. When you lose weight, people think you cheated and took the easy way out. The only people I tell are overweight people who ask me what worked for me. Only one of those people took my advise, despite the fact it worked...

@@Gripp, one of my chefs in culinary school told me once,"Never tell them what you are going to make, only tell them what you have made." (This must be said with a THICK German accent!) Please remember, this is YOUR journey, it is being done for your health (emotional and physical). Your improved health means you will be around MUCH longer, and therefore able to positively impact other's lives. If the haters out there want you to die young and not influence your grandchildren's lives, then by all means, listen to them. I chose NOT to listen, and have lost 238 lbs in a year post sleeve. I am healthier now than I was just out of college. Please follow your heart, no one else's! Good luck.

@@Dashofpixiedust8, YEEEE-F***IN' HAAAAA! 100 is such a nice, round number. The NUMBER is round and YOU are not! Keep up the good work.

Thanks Okc Pirate. Of course everyone that told me I shouldn't or they shared their stories they were slim to skinny and certainly not overweight. I will take heed to your advice.

Don't let my experience dictate what you decide to do. Even if I know I would have to go through all of this I think I still would have done the surgery because I need the extra help. I started my journey at 540 pounds. I had a wake up call in October when I had problems breathing and when they wanted to do a CT scan I was over the weight limit for the machine. If you do decide to do the surgery, remember it is not a miracle fix. It is just a tool to help you and you still need to make healthy choices and get more active.

It's true some people have complications, but a lot of people don't. As for the stories of people gaining weight back they just slipped back into bad habits. It has nothing to do with the surgery.

You have to make the best choice for you, whether it's to have or not have the surgery. I wish you the best of luck!

BTW, @@Dashofpixiedust8 Congrats. great job.
Thanks! You have done great too! What a transformation!

@@Dashofpixiedust8, YEEEE-F***IN' HAAAAA! 100 is such a nice, round number. The NUMBER is round and YOU are not! Keep up the good work.

Haha thanks!! You have done so great also! Congrats to you!

Edited by Dashofpixiedust8

Great work! I recently hit the 100+ lbs loss mark myself. I am excited for the both of us! We are not there yet, but we are on our way.

Great work! I recently hit the 100+ lbs loss mark myself. I am excited for the both of us! We are not there yet, but we are on our way.

Thanks! Congrats to you as well! It's a great start!