Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a week post op, I didn't have the bypass for the traditional reasons, yes I am overweight but started with a BMI of 32 now currently 29. I have a rare gastrointestinal disease, gastroparesis, that's the main reason for my bypass. Anyways, I don't have follow ups with my NUT and she called today to see how I was doing on my soft diet. I told her I have had zero issues, in fact I've even forgotten several times to sip (usually a gulper) and I've had no pain. My only concern was the lack of calories I was taking in, right around 600 a day. I am getting between 70-80 grms of Protein and she told me not to be concerned with caloric intake as long as the appropriate amount of Proteins are being consumed. Anyone else have any advice? I do not want to weigh less than 140, I've only been overweight for about 18 years so I do know what it was like to weigh in my 120's and that's just not what I want. I'm afraid I'll lose way more than I want. Current weight 185

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Wow, you are doing fantastic with sipping and calories. Honestly I was not able to get beyond 400 calories for the first 4 months.

Your nut is right, until you get to be around 10 month to a year, you simply don't have to worry about calories. Just focus on Water, Protein and Vitamins.

The only reason I even knew what my calories was is because I was tracking using my fitness pal.

Best of luck to you!

I'm only 2 1/2 weeks post op, but they told me to focus on Proteins & fluids. I agree that it is strange to be eating so few calories, but it's part of the post op plan. Also, as @@Djmohr mentioned, the Vitamins are important. Oh, and getting enough sleep! Good luck!

Oh great!!!! sleep is always a problem for me, my mind runs 100mph thinking of all I could be doing instead of sleeping trying my best for fluids usually getting 6-7 cups Water, won't risk missing a Vitamin bc I know a few people who didn't take them and lost. A LOT of hair. And yes I am using my fitness pal but it won't let me complete my log each day. Thank you for your reply

Oh great!!!! sleep is always a problem for me, my mind runs 100mph thinking of all I could be doing instead of sleeping trying my best for fluids usually getting 6-7 cups Water, won't risk missing a Vitamin bc I know a few people who didn't take them and lost. A LOT of hair. And yes I am using my fitness pal but it won't let me complete my log each day. Thank you for your reply

There's a sneaky way to get around that....

When you're done logging your food and exercise - simply put in some "quick add" calories to make it over 1000 and then mfp will close your diary. Then turn around and take the quick add calories back out and re-close your diary. Voila!

:)

Wow, you are doing fantastic with sipping and calories. Honestly I was not able to get beyond 400 calories for the first 4 months.

Your nut is right, until you get to be around 10 month to a year, you simply don't have to worry about calories. Just focus on Water, Protein and Vitamins.

The only reason I even knew what my calories was is because I was tracking using my fitness pal.

Best of luck to you!

Hi Djmohr :)

I'm gonna be hitting the 10 month mark soon (already!!!)

So any idea where I should be for calories?

Up until a couple of months ago I was around 700-900 now I can't even stay within that range for the life of me. I'm usually around 1000-1200

Is that too much? Not enough?

I have 13 lbs to go which are sticking to me like a fly on rice.

I've switched up my exercise and am trying to change up my eating by cutting out carbs again and eating more dense foods. (Still always get in lots of Protein, Water and always always my vitamins)

Maybe I should cut out some of the dairy, fruit, nuts and Peanut Butter???

I really only eat maybe 1 piece of fruit a day but maybe I shouldn't have any??

Any tips for me?

:)

Thanks in advance

Heather