Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved July 12

Slept better last night too. Pain is still there but better managed. So far I can also take bigger "sips" of liquids without the chest pain although I'm sure it's still not nearly enough.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi there, I was sleeved on the 12th. I'm doing pretty good. Not getting in all my fluids. I'm gonna try really hard tomorrow. My energy level is getting better everyday. I have 3 little ones so I really don't have much of a choice to lay around. I took a 3 hour nap today. That was the best!

I had surgery on the 14th. I too struggled with my liquids at first. I have found a few things that help. 1) every time I get a drink in my mouth, I make sure to breathe all of the air out of my nose before I swallow. 2) I just can't drink the Protein shakes (premier protein) at this point. I get a few sips in and feel like I have a giant air bubble in the way. So I've been using powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein in crystal light and broth as well as ProtiDiet hot cocoa. For some reason, these are going down much easier than the thick shakes. 3) for some reason plain Water hurts more than anything. I add a few flavored drops and it goes down so much easier. This is fine for now because I'm getting in about 60 oz a day, but I sure miss my water!

As far as pain, I find that taking frequent walks and chewable gas tablets help with the gas bubbles. My incision sites (especially on the left) are incredibly sore. My pain medication makes it manageable, but the moment it wears off, I can barely move. I hope this gets better in a few days before the pain meds run out!

I hope this is helpful to someone. I was really worried about all the pain with swallowing, but I'm glad to read on here that it seems to be par for the course.

Hi - I had a sleeve done on July 12 too. I'm still really sore around my incision sites and pretty gassy whenever I drink Fluid. It also feels like a rock in my stomach for a few seconds every time I drink but then passes in a few seconds. Doc said that was normal. The coughing has stopped - I was told that was all the extra mucus from being intubated during surgery and all the carbon dioxide they pumped into us. I'm feeling a little better today although standing or sitting too long really hurts my incision sites. How is everyone else doing today?

July 12th for me too. I think I'm doing pretty well , doing ok on the Fluid, Clear Liquids, and adding some Protein powder to broth or trying Atkins lift or Isopure for a change both of them seem to be more acidic and bring more gurgles so I'm mostly having the broth and Water. Walking a couple of times a day. I took a shower yesterday and took off the bandages and bending has been less painful since then. I still have steri-strips on them but I guess there's less to pull with a bandage off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Checking in to see how everyone is doing? I've gotten better with liquids the last two days, only clears on my plan for now. Today I felt a little weak and light-headed. I ate a couple of SF Popsicles and it helped. I'm actually at the beach with my whole family for a long ago planned vacation. The heat is keeping me in the condo mostly, though I plan to walk on the beach when it cools off this evening. It's been a good learning period on true hunger vs head hunger since everyone else is snacking non-stop around me lol! But I know I'm definitely not hungry.

Anyone else with lots of hiccups?

I'm doing better each day. No hiccups but having the hardest time getting liquids in.

I'd like to know how much liquid can you guys get in at one time? I spend the whole day sipping something and am so scared to put too much in at one time.

I'm only getting like 30 oz liquid and maybe 30 Protein each day. I know I'm far from goal but my sips are so small it's impossible to get there. Should I be taking bigger gulps?

Also has anyone started sleeping on their sides or stomach yet? My back is hurting more than anything else these days and I think it's because I can never get comfortable laying on my back.

I'm doing better each day. No hiccups but having the hardest time getting liquids in.

I'd like to know how much liquid can you guys get in at one time? I spend the whole day sipping something and am so scared to put too much in at one time.

I'm only getting like 30 oz liquid and maybe 30 Protein each day. I know I'm far from goal but my sips are so small it's impossible to get there. Should I be taking bigger gulps?

Also has anyone started sleeping on their sides or stomach yet? My back is hurting more than anything else these days and I think it's because I can never get comfortable laying on my back.

This is Day 4 for me.

I am getting in around 80 oz of liquid and 70 G Protein. I am literally sipping all day long. While my sips are still small, I'm starting to be able to sip more frequently (between air bubbles) and also tolerating thicker liquids (like Premier Protein.)

I have been able to sleep on my right side since Day 1. My main complaint is the soreness on my big incision on the left side. The pain shoots all the way through my back, and it's agonizing at times even with the pain medication. Also, my right thigh is very sore and tender. I think it's from laying on it so much but am slightly paranoid that it's a blood clot.

I'm getting about 64 ounces of Fluid a day including a Protein drink in those numbers. (My doc lets me count my Protein shake in the total liquid amount of the day). However, my doc says I should be drinking almost 3 Protein shakes a day and that seems impossible. The idea of it turns my stomach. Which brand do you guys use? All that I have tried so far turn my stomach.

Today was the first day I have been fever free! I have had a low grade fever each day since Thursday. I am getting at least 96 ounces of liquid each day. Doctor's orders are that comes first, Protein supplements only if needed when I get weak. At first it was very difficult to get that much liquid down. Since yesterday it has started getting much easier. It takes about 30-45 minutes for 16 oz. of liquid as long as it is room temperature or warm. I have difficulty with cold drinks. I can take much larger sips without pain. I have tried a couple of the Protein supplements and I can only get down about half or less. I am doing some I purchased through the surgeon. It makes about 8 ounces and I'm lucky to be able to get 4 down. I found if I do protein supplement it is much more difficult to get the liquid down so I haven't pushed it. 48 ounces or more of the liquid is supposed to come from an electrolyte drink, such as Powerade Zero. I'm very tired of sweet stuff!

I have been able to sleep on either side since the beginning, but the right side is more comfortable. The left side doesn't hurt but I can feel the incisions. I guess I'm very lucky in that regard!

Wow! I'm amazed at how much liquid you guys are getting in. My goal is only 32oz and I'm getting just that, maybe up to 36. No Protein goal for me yet, and I'm not really getting any in. I can sleep on both sides with some creative pillow positioning since day 4.

I tried Isopure clear Protein Drink but it's awful.

Hi - I had a sleeve done on July 12 too. I'm still really sore around my incision sites and pretty gassy whenever I drink Fluid. It also feels like a rock in my stomach for a few seconds every time I drink but then passes in a few seconds. Doc said that was normal. The coughing has stopped - I was told that was all the extra mucus from being intubated during surgery and all the carbon dioxide they pumped into us. I'm feeling a little better today although standing or sitting too long really hurts my incision sites. How is everyone else doing today?

July 12th for me too. I think I'm doing pretty well , doing ok on the Fluid, Clear Liquids, and adding some Protein powder to broth or trying Atkins lift or Isopure for a change both of them seem to be more acidic and bring more gurgles so I'm mostly having the broth and Water. Walking a couple of times a day. I took a shower yesterday and took off the bandages and bending has been less painful since then. I still have steri-strips on them but I guess there's less to pull with a bandage off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved the 12th what is everyone eating i start my day with banana and mikkshake with Protein have a cream Soup for lunch and protein shake for snack dinner refried Beans with melted cheese am i eating too nuch to soon

Hi - I had a sleeve done on July 12 too. I'm still really sore around my incision sites and pretty gassy whenever I drink fluid. It also feels like a rock in my stomach for a few seconds every time I drink but then passes in a few seconds. Doc said that was normal. The coughing has stopped - I was told that was all the extra mucus from being intubated during surgery and all the carbon dioxide they pumped into us. I'm feeling a little better today although standing or sitting too long really hurts my incision sites. How is everyone else doing today?

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App