Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stuck like Chuck

Hey guys, I've been stuck at the same weight for almost 2 months now. This is extra frustrating because I'm almost 4 months out. My doctor has me on a plant based dietary plan and I've tried upping my caloric intake & lowering it. Nothing seems to change. I do hot yoga 6 days a week for an hour and a half.

Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

What are you eating for Protein and how much are you getting. What is your caloric and carb intake? Most important what is be Fluid recommendation and are you meeting it. Are you tracking, if not try My Fitness Pal. With more info I am sure we can help! Good luck to you!

My doctor doesn't want me to really track my food since it's a lifestyle change and not a diet. A lot of my Protein comes from raw nuts/seeds and lentils. I'm always sure to get at least 70oz of Water in a day. Some days it feels like there's not enough time in the day to get all my meals in since you have to wait 30 mins before & after eating before you can drink and Water is priority in this Texas heat

Hate to disagree with your doctor but if you have stalled this long you need to track. Not forever but at least until you know your macros and know what adjustments you need to make. Most of our doctors and Nuts would a agree with me. I am 2 lbs away from normal BMI In less than 7 months. Recently I only track when I stall and knowing my numbers helps me break it. We can't help you unless you know how much Protein your getting. We don't know if your calories are too low or high.

@@ixico Yeah - in this case I would not listen to your surgeon. You need to be getting 60-80 grams of Protein (maybe even more if you are doing an hour of hot yoga). In order to know how much Protein, fat, calories, carbs, etc. you are getting - you need to track your food. You also need to be sure to get plenty of fluids - and in the TX heat with doing the hot yoga - I would think that you need more than 70 ozs. Your body may be in starvation mode. Are you vegan or vegetarian - is that why you're on a plant based diet? I would seriously consider getting a 2nd opinion on what plan you should be following - because this one doesn't seem to be working very well (I'd go crazy if I didn't lose for 2 months - at only 4 months out).

Good luck and keep us posted!

SO I agree with the whole thing about needing Protein but I also have to add that its all pretty confusing. I am stalled at 7 weeks after a total loss of 28 lbs, including the 10 lbs. I lost pre op and then 18 after. Here is where I think the confusion comes in. We are told to drink 64-80 ozs. of Water and leave 30 minutes before and after food intake. We are also told to eat a minimum of 60-70 grams of Protein. We are also advised to stay in the 500 to 600 calorie intake range. Are you kidding me? I am a lable reader and if I drink 2 Protein shakes a day that gives me 60 grams of protein and 320 calories.

That doesn't leave me much room to eat other sources of protein and stay under 500-600 calories.

So basically I have been living on Protein Shakes and I hate them now. Unfortunately, I have a long way to go.( about another 4o lbs.)

I can't imagine trying to do all of this on a plant based diet but right now I am craving a huge salad.

i would love it if one of you sucessful people could post your day's intake.

Hey guys, I've been stuck at the same weight for almost 2 months now. This is extra frustrating because I'm almost 4 months out. My doctor has me on a plant based dietary plan and I've tried upping my caloric intake & lowering it. Nothing seems to change. I do hot yoga 6 days a week for an hour and a half.

Any tips?

Try to incorporate some cardio, walk more... It'll help !! Good luck

Maybe I will start tracking just to see exactly where I am on macros. I've downloaded myfitnesspal to see if it'll help. Thank you for that suggestion.

I was vegetarian for some time when I was younger but I wasn't preop. My surgeon basically prescribed a vegetarian/vegan diet due to the studies that have been done. He's part of Garth Davis' clinic here in Houston.

I'll throw my stats out there since I was a low bmi to qualify. preop: 230 surgery:217 current: 170.

@@ixico Stalls are normal in this process but two months of stall at 4 months would get anyone concerned. I want you to read Embrace the Stall. I can't quote it here probably because I am iOS. Can someone add a link?? Or just search for embrace the stall. There is a board for vegetarians and vegans. I recommend you reach out to them. They might have some great Protein advice that us omnivores just can't help you with. Good luck!

That's some great weight loss! I use the Loseit app and my husband got me a Fitbit! It's amazing and a big help! It reminds me to move if I'm not active lol. Not that I need it to, but it's good to have!