Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I ever have coffee again?

Oh yes. I put my caramel Premier Protein shake in my coffee this morning as Creamer and it was ah-mazing!!!!!!!!

I am five momths post op and started drinking coffee 4 weeks ago because I was constipated and needed some relief. Since then I have had it maybe once or twice a week for this reason. I dont crave it like I used to and I notice that when I do have it now I feel very jittery. So I keep it at a minimum. My NUT said i can have it once in a while as long as it is without sugar or diet sugar. I would not recommend the coffee early on as the acid may irritate your new stomach. Wait until you are able to digest a variety of foods. Also a good tip is to try Decaf first and no more than 1oz and see how it sits. Thats what my NUT recommended. Hope this helps!

Iced Protein coffee is my daily morning treat!

Sent from my SM-T280 using the BariatricPal App

I was allowed coffee a week after surgery giving up coffee was the worst thing in my mind to give up I'd got to the point I was ok with it day of surgery I asked my surgeon he said they have no issue with coffee at all my weight loss has been steady and I'm close to goal only 4 months out I honestly would of found it hard to have had to give up coffee I have one bought a day that's my only treat

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

I recently started drinking coffee again (sugar free creamer and truvia) It is the only cure for my constipation(I have tried everything else) I drink plenty of Water during the day so I'm not worried about it. Being constipated every day just isn't something I can live with forever.

Sent from my SM-T800 using the BariatricPal App

I am post-op day 2, & my surgeon allows me to make a mocha w/ my chocolate Protein Shake & Decaf instant cofee. (Before surgery I drank regular black coffee, ) The mocha tastes great, & I don't miss the caffeine.

ine.