Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

My scale went up by a pound today. I know it isn't because of me overeating----I just have to quit obsessing over the scale and stop stepping on it 10 times a day.

Definitely! It is so hard. I went up a pound before my two week weigh in and then hung there for 5-6 days before losing 1.6. Trying on your clothes that didn't fit as well really helps and I made myself do all over body measurements as well as careful food tracking to fall back on goals -- Protein, Water, inches!

My scale went up by a pound today. I know it isn't because of me overeating----I just have to quit obsessing over the scale and stop stepping on it 10 times a day.

Susie66, I've been doing the same thing the past few days. I was stalled for a couple of days and trying to not freak out since I KNOW everyone has stalls. It's easier to read about someone else sitting in one place or gaining than it is to experience it yourself. I'm really trying to not be neurotic but I just had 3/4 of my stomach removed and I'm a little fragile right now :)

Had my post op appointment today. Staples and drain are gone. And I lost 34lbs. I wasn't really worried about losing weight just getting my Protein and Water in. I was shocked. In two days I'll be moved to soft foods. Woohoo!

Congratulations, miss alli! 34 pounds? That's amazing and wonderful!! I'm at 15 days and I've only lost 20 and feel like I'm kicking some serious ass!

Congrats on the 34 pounds gone!! That's so awesome! I hope I get good news like that tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So what is everybody's daily food routine looking like right now?

Here's mine:

Protein shake (premier Protein - 30g protein) for Breakfast and a small cup of coffee

cheese stick or slice of cheese for snack/sometimes this is my lunch bc im too full to eat lunch..if I do have lunch it's a slice of organic turkey lunchmeat.

Protein Shake blended with ice and banana in the afternoon

Pick at whatever dinner that I've made for my family in the evening...and that's it!

And of course Water, Water, water during the day

It's hard to get protein and calories in!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

My day looks a lot like yours

Protein Shake or oatmeal with milk for Breakfast

a little cheese for snack

chicken or turkey, chewed to death, for lunch

fat free pudding with Protein powder for snack

dinner is the protein from my family's dinner, usually fish or chicken, plus a bit of the veg they're having

I'm barely hitting 60g protein unless I can stomach 2 shakes/day, which isn't often. I'm taking my Vitamins religiously and pushing water as much as possible.

If you want to add protein add powdered milk to your protein shake to give you a little more protein.

Hi everyone I'm new to the group!! I had my surgery on June 29th and I have been having a hard time with my full liquids. I have one more week then puréed. Do anyone have any suggestions with getting in more Protein without having to increase the volume because I stay full after all the Water and Protein shakes and Soup. I get only about 75% of my Protein and I'm only get half of my Water intact in. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone I'm new to the group!! I had my surgery on June 29th and I have been having a hard time with my full liquids. I have one more week then puréed. Do anyone have any suggestions with getting in more Protein without having to increase the volume because I stay full after all the Water and Protein shakes and Soup. I get only about 75% of my protein and I'm only get half of my Water intact in. Any suggestions?

What's your protein requirement? Mine is 60g and I've been drinking 2 "premier protein" shakes a day (each has 30g protein, and they aren't very thick or filling)

Also ppl use powdered protein I've heard, to beef it up I guess

Hi! Little late to the group but better late than never I had my surgery June 23rd. I've lost 33 lbs total so far but 15 lbs of that was on my pre op diet. I'm still on liquids till Thursday then I go to puréed foods & I can't wait!! I've had several dreams of real food! I couldn't stomach the premier Protein shakes after surgery they just felt heavy in my stomach so GENEPRO and fair life chocolate milk has been my savior. I'm over the sweet though! And have to admit I may have licked a potato chip just for some salty goodness! I know it's horrible but I didn't eat it! Glad to join the group and loved reading all your posts!

Hi! Little late to the group but better late than never I had my surgery June 23rd. I've lost 33 lbs total so far but 15 lbs of that was on my pre op diet. I'm still on liquids till Thursday then I go to puréed foods & I can't wait!! I've had several dreams of real food! I couldn't stomach the premier Protein shakes after surgery they just felt heavy in my stomach so GENEPRO and fair life chocolate milk has been my savior. I'm over the sweet though! And have to admit I may have licked a potato chip just for some salty goodness! I know it's horrible but I didn't eat it! Glad to join the group and loved reading all your posts!

Welcome to the group! I also had my surgery the 23rd along with my gallbladder out. It's been a struggle, especially the first two weeks but I need to remind myself that I had major surgery and two at that!

Day 19. Had my 1st follow up today and doc was pleased with my progress. He showed me pictures of my hiatal hernia that he fixed. It was much larger than he expected once he removed some fat that was covering it. No wonder I would choke at times or feel like I was drowning. So glad that is gone!

Gave me diet for week 4 mushy and week 5 solids. Said to go slowly, keep priority on protien and liquids.

Also, I am going to do my best to not drive myself crazy with weight loss and stalls. I will weigh but my main focus is going to be on how I feel, enjoying clothing getting too big, and learning how to live my new sleeved life.

Hi everyone I'm new to the group!! I had my surgery on June 29th and I have been having a hard time with my full liquids. I have one more week then puréed. Do anyone have any suggestions with getting in more Protein without having to increase the volume because I stay full after all the Water and Protein shakes and Soup. I get only about 75% of my protein and I'm only get half of my Water intact in. Any suggestions?

I would have 2-3 Protein Shakes and drink water, tea, broth, etc. Try sugar free popsicles too - they're helpful in getting the feeling of chewing while getting fluids.

Shelter dog, I've read probably 50 people say they stall at 3 weeks or so. For both our sanity just know that it is very common and probably nothing related to what we are doing... but Journaling never hurts!

This helped me to understand whats going on.......

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.php

My scale is slowly inching down but more importantly I washed my fave pair of skinny jeans yesterday and put them on today. Totally falling off and the thigh area is really baggy.

Shelter dog, I've read probably 50 people say they stall at 3 weeks or so. For both our sanity just know that it is very common and probably nothing related to what we are doing... but Journaling never hurts!

This helped me to understand whats going on.......

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.php

Donell1000, that was a great article! It really explained the glycogen/weight connection really well.

Thanks!

My surgery was June 27th & I'm down about 15 pounds since surgery day so far! :)