Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm waiting to be approved by my insurance and I'm so nervous is it normal to be this nervous just waiting for approval ? I did the classes and I didn't gain any weight I'm with Aetna And my BMI is 54 It was all submitted Friday morning

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I think it's normal to be nervous at all stages of the process. It's a big step, but I think the nerves come from knowing you will have to make changes more so than from fear of the surgery.

I went the self-pay route to avoid the waiting times for just that reason....I would have probably overthought things during the waiting process and didn't want to do that. Now that I'm about 2 months post-op I'm glad I went through with it. It's been the best decision I've made.

I've lost 70 lbs, feel better than I have in years, have my confidence back, have more energy and am able to be active with my kids again without my knees feeling as though they're going to give out....and without having to take a break to catch my breath every 3 minutes!

Stay focused on everything positive that will come from this...don't over-analyze. Research is good, but don't sabotage yourself by searching out the few who have had bad experiences. Look at the thousands who have had good experiences. The biggest *plus* for me was my team. The entire team at my surgeons office was there for me...I really felt as though they were in my corner and made me feel at ease throughout the entire process.

Stay positive and you'll do great. Best of luck!

It's a big decision! So I think it's natural to be nervous. I had my surgery on June 6. I am SO glad I did. Since I started my pre-op diet on May 22, I've lost 32 pounds. I am already off my blood pressure meds and the crippling pain in my knees is gone. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but having those two issues already resolved for me has been life-changing!

Just keep looking ahead and stay positive. You'll do great!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App